10-1 compression
Hydraulic roller cam
230/236 @.05 On 113
588/592 lift
Trickflow 240 heads
T56 magnum with the sixth 0.5 overdrive
4.10 rear dana.
28" tall tire
Curious if I should go trickflow trackheat (on engine now) or switch to the edelbrock performer rpm.

69 dart 98% street

Do you drive it like a 600 Hp motor, or do you just cruise?

My vote is for the TF, I doubt you are lacking in low end torque with a stroker, and that would be my only reason for switching to a dual plane intake.

I would not do the RPM but I’d also do a little bigger camshaft.
230*@050 in a 512 cube engine?

The rpm would bolster torque really well for sure

Since you’ve already got the track heat intake installed now, is there something lacking that you think should be better? How much sixth gear cruising do you use? If the 98% street is mostly on the highway in sixth with a 2.05 final drive ratio, I would be tempted to try the RPM. And if you’re staying with that mild of a cam, you’d get better overall performance with a Holley Street Dominator than with the RPM.

Last edited:
That's a big-arm crank with a small cam. Both of these would make BIG torque so I doubt you're missing anything. On the street, the RPM manifold might make more bottom end but again, I doubt you're lacking bottom end torque.

Bottom line - if you keep that cam, I'd leave the current manifold on it. If you went to a much larger/longer duration cam, then maybe.... (Note: strokers EAT duration. You could easily handle a lot more cam!)

I would not do the RPM but I’d also do a little bigger camshaft.
230*@050 in a 512 cube engine?

The rpm would bolster torque really well for sure
Reason for such a mild cam is the 0.5 overdrive. The cam specs were recommended by 3 different cam companies with slight differences and I went with who had a blank in stock. (Bullet)
I have not drove the car yet, but came upon the rpm intake so I started to debate.
Plan to drive car as soon as my master cylinder gets here.

I can't think of a single reason to run a dual plane intake on 512 CI. ever

Right! Read right passed that. That OD is a massive drop in rpm’s unless you’re doing 170mph!
:steering:

1500 rpm @ 60 and 1700 rpm @ 70. With the 240 cc heads and the 4-1/4 inch crank, I’d stay with the track heat.

I’d like to hold one of those intakes in my hand and twirl it around to check it out. See the runner size on them and etc….

Anybody compare one side by side next to a M1 single?

If you're keeping that cam, the dual plane all day brother. You're not maxing out flow of that manifold when using that cam. I'm sure you have plenty of grunt bo matter what but if you want more low to midrange torque the rpm will win.

I’d like to hold one of those intakes in my hand and twirl it around to check it out. See the runner size on them and etc….

Anybody compare one side by side next to a M1 single?

Look's M1-like.
But with square flange.

Got more HP and Torque than you can hook up with on the street with either intake.... So bleed some wheelspin off and gain upper range.

The X-factor is how each would behave at lower rpm overdrive cruising. I'd think you'd have to try each intake with tuning effort for each. Then compare. Probably not going to show up on a Dyno.

Run the single plane you have in your hands and tune to it. Then try to pick up a used RPM and try it.

Last edited:
If you're keeping that cam, the dual plane all day brother. You're not maxing out flow of that manifold when using that cam. I'm sure you have plenty of grunt bo matter what but if you want more low to midrange torque the rpm will win.
He shouldn't be lacking torque at any rpm. lol

Tunnel Ram!

Low Profile Stack-1.jpg

Run what you got, see how it works and decide from there.

I hear all the arguments and autox has a fair point about bleeding some low end in exchange for top end.

I get all that but at the end of the day this thing absolutely screams low end grunt monster. It's a BB stroker. Built with a low RPM cam. The goal here is maximum power in the given rpm range. We can make all kinds of gymnastics around the subject but with that cam, in the rpm that engine will run, I would bet a grand that the dual plane makes more power at every rpm that THAT engine will run. That engine won't hit the crossover rpm where a single plane starts to shine.

Make whatever argument you like. In my opinion you've got a stroker combo. Why? To make more torque right? Then why would you choose the intake that will make less torque at every operating rpm this engine will run?

Last edited:
In my opinion you've got a stroker combo. Why? To make more torque right? Then why would you choose the intake that will make less torque at every operating rpm this engine will run?
Top end horsepower and violent acceleration with minimized wheel spin. I bet you with either intake he is well over 400 ft lbs above 3k rpm. More than enough for the street.

-
Back