10-1 compression
Hydraulic roller cam
230/236 @.05 On 113
588/592 lift
Trickflow 240 heads
T56 magnum with the sixth 0.5 overdrive
4.10 rear dana.
28" tall tire
Curious if I should go trickflow trackheat (on engine now) or switch to the edelbrock performer rpm.

69 dart 98% street
In my 1968 Barracuda fastback, I run a 400 based 512 stroker with Trick Flow 240 heads and a hydraulic roller cam with 254 duration @.050 with 618 lift, backed by an A833 4speed manual. Intake wise, I have run a port matched TM6 single plane with a 1 inch spacer and also a RPM, topped by a 950 cfm Quick Fuel carb. Both intakes fit great under my flat hood. The RPM makes more torque and recovers better between shifts. My car has been a fun street car that will see minimal track time. How does the Track Heat fit, as far as hood clearance? On paper, the low deck version is no taller than the RPM.

Really doubt you can go wrong with either. Good thing about a big mopar is it’s really easy to try different intakes. Given the tiny camshaft and OD trans the dual plane will probably be a bit better for the low RPM stuff and a better choice. That being said, my 4000# roadrunner with a pump gas 512 runs stronger with a single plane. But, it’s got a good stall converter. If I go back to a 4 speed I’d probably run my six pack just because I loose that head start on rpm.

Top end horsepower and violent acceleration with minimized wheel spin. I bet you with either intake he is well over 400 ft lbs above 3k rpm. More than enough for the street.
If my 414 small block with RPM intake made well over 400ft;lbs. from 3000 up, I know damn well a 512 should be making well over 500ft;lbs from 3000 up.

You'll need to drive it first before you'll be able to make a decision. If you found a good RPM for sale and you have some extra cash on hand then grab it. You can always sell one of the intakes down the road. I used a Wilson ported TF intake on my 512. The fuel distribution is better with a single plane so I'd recommend staying with the TF intake unless it has really bad manners in overdrive.

DSC_3675 (Large).JPG

You'll need to drive it first before you'll be able to make a decision. If you found a good RPM for sale and you have some extra cash on hand then grab it. You can always sell one of the intakes down the road. I used a Wilson ported TF intake on my 512. The fuel distribution is better with a single plane so I'd recommend staying with the TF intake unless it has really bad manners in overdrive.

View attachment 1716195136
Welcome back Andy

I have a low deck 400 stroked to 512.
10-1 compression
Hydraulic roller cam
230/236 @.05 On 113
588/592 lift
Trickflow 240 heads
T56 magnum with the sixth 0.5 overdrive
4.10 rear dana.
28" tall tire
Curious if I should go trickflow trackheat (on engine now) or switch to the edelbrock performer rpm.

69 dart 98% street
Have you ever run your car down the track? What was the ET?

Right! Read right passed that. That OD is a massive drop in rpm’s unless you’re doing 170mph!
:steering:
But if you're not on the Interstate in the fast lane, chances are you won't be in 6th gear anyway. Right? So just don't go there, until it's time. Then everybody driving at less than 150 better get out of the way!!! :icon_fU:

I'm not running down the highway at a buck 70 in an A-body. lol a buck 20 with a side wind in a 67 fastback is a thrill ride. lol
I value my life.

But if you're not on the Interstate in the fast lane, chances are you won't be in 6th gear anyway. Right? So just don't go there, until it's time. Then everybody driving at less than 150 better get out of the way!!! :icon_fU:
LMAO!

Same here , but mine doesn`t want to stop at 6200 , not even 6700 , "most I've had it !"
On a 500'' engine intake track air speed is great anyway , I`ve had 3 diff, intakes on mine , cleaned up and matched victor beat all others I`ve had on it , a cleaned up and well massaged weiand is extremly close and no seat of the pants diff in feel .

Mine will go well past 6200 rpm with the combination of parts I have in it, but it's a street car and I have reason to wind it anymore than that.

I am running a heavily ported Victor with lots of plenum work, a dimpled pyramid in the floor, and 1" Jomar 5016X tapered Power Cone spacer on top.

I have a Performer RPM, however I'll probably never try it since the Victor does a fine job with tire burning at lower RPM's.

Tom

I’d like to hold one of those intakes in my hand and twirl it around to check it out. See the runner size on them and etc….

Anybody compare one side by side next to a M1 single?
I don't have the track heat.... but I do have a m1 dominator single, and a super Victor dominator. (M1-standard port, sv max wedge)
M1 looks good, sitting by itself, but it's a toy, compared to a sv. 1 1/2" shorter, and 2/3 the port volume....if that.

My opinion for the o.p.s question.
If you plan on using 5th and 6th, I'd run the rpm. Sixth, at 80 mph, engine would be two grand below torque peak.
If that was MY stroker, it'd probably get a bunch more cam, the track heat, and a 4L80. With a transbrake.

Last edited:
M1 looks good, sitting by itself, but it's a toy, compared to a sv. 1 1/2" shorter, and 2/3 the port volume....if that.
SV = Super Victor. I’d say, LMAO, YEA!!!
The M1 is what it is and made back then.

-
Back