Trim Identification Needed

-

Map63Vette

Reaction score
When I bought my car, I was under the impression that all the trim sitting in the back seat at the time was trim that was not currently installed on the car. Go figure when I tried to match stuff up very little of it seemed to fit right. At this point, it does me little good to hold on to the trim, but seeing as there is no identifying marks on it, I don't know what it's off of to try to sell it. That being said, can anyone help me try to figure out what these trim pieces are off of? The long two piece trim with the center cap looks an awful lot like the trunk of my car (a 67 Dart) and appears to match the contours of the trunk lid fairly well, but I can't find any pictures that specifically show this trim on the trunk lid. Can anyone confirm if that is what this piece is really for or if it's some kind of hood trim for a different body style? Another question I have regards the windshiled trim I have. When put next to my windshield, the A piller piece is about 1.5-2 inches too long (see in the picture below), so it's not for a 67 hardtop. Does anyone have A pillar measurements out there for the different body styles? I don't know if the trim is just some different A body piece (either different body style like a 2 door post or 4 door or just a different year thing), or off of an entirely different platform like a B or E body. The last question I have regards the rear window trim pieces (in the middle of the windshield trim in the pictures). My car has the upper L pieces installed, but when I put either of the lower pieces on, the contour just doesn't quite match up (see pictures below). Did the rear window shape change at all over the years or could this too be off of a different platform like a B or E body? I would greatly appreciate any help you all can provide. I'm looking to sell off all of my extra leftover stuff to help fund a 3g hemi swap :smile:.

Attachments

• Trim.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 147
  • P1010553.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 153
  • P1010552.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 153
  • P1010554.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 147
  • P1010555.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 146
  • SSPX0186.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 149
  • SSPX0187.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 155
  • SSPX0189.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 152
The trim that is to long is for a 4dr sedan or 2 dr. post car. The second picture is trunk trim on the very rear vertical part of the trunk. The real long piece is for the front lower part of the windshield and the two pices above it are rear glass lower pieces.

Any idea what the rear glass pieces might be off of? You can sort of see in the later pictures how it doesn't match the curve of my rear glass very well. Is this another 2 door post / 4 door thing or a different year or platform (B, E body, etc.) thing? Also, what all years used the trunk trim piece? Are there supposed to be two of them total, like one at the top and one at the bottom connecting the tail lights?

Haha, yeah, and apparently bad photo taking ability since my toes made it into one of those pictures.

So if a 4 door or 2 door post has a taller roof line, does it have a different back window as well? For that matter, does the back window change throughout the years to any degree? Still trying to figure out what the lower rear window trim is off of. Looks like it's a little flatter curve than my 67 hardtop. Didn't know if the taller roof line of the 4 door might have a shallower bend or if it had a different back window entirely.

I would be interested in those pieces if you don't need them, pm me if you want to sell em- thanks

also, the trim for 67s are a one year deal, they aren't metal like the ones you have, the're a pressd in plastic peice. thats why I'm looking to change to the later model metal trim, the plastic ones suck and are near impossible to find new. -pauly

I shot you a PM, I'd love to get rid of these, they're just taking up space now and I can't use them. I have an ad up in the for sale section, but I haven't seen any action on them so far.

-
Back