Votes: 7 25.0%
  • I'm far too old to remember.

Votes: 5 17.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-

plumcrazy704406

Reaction score
Ok, you old timers!!! Time to get those brains functioning, lol.

Trivia pursuit, drag race addition here!!!!!

What year did Fremont Drag Strip become Baylands Raceway?

Think this would make a neat thread?? You answer, you post the next question.

PS, I do need the answer to my question by the way.

Attachments

• 65954_10204430032736619_6103225668389368548_n.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 360
1980s? i thought you said OLD. like what was the first year, and where, NHRA held the first nationals? i DO know. i WAS there.

1977 – John Bandimere, Jr. takes a more active role in management of the track. Larger and more frequent events are necessary to keep track open. Bandimere Speedway hosted the NHRA Sports Nationals. This is the first NHRA national event in Colorado.

1978 - The NHRA Mile-High Nationals is the first time professional categories compete for points at Bandimere Speedway.

Correct on the Mopar Sponsorship.In 1977 Bandimere had an event called the Mile High Sportsnationals that only ran top Alchohol Funny car/Dragster on down. In 1978 they had the first full blown National event. In 1988 they suspended the race for one year to completely remodel the track into it's present structure at NHRA'S request and in 1989 MOPAR came on with title sponsorship.It's amazing wht the Bandimere Family has done on the side of a mountain.

i should have some pics in my archives. but finding them would be hard . but think i know where the pics from the world points finales Tulsa OK 1965-1968 are. i really like Tulsa, and OK.

OK you are twisting my brain a little. wasnt he from Cal? in the late 60 we had an old man called "PAPPY" Cline. in Wichita. with a stable full of GM cars. ALL very illegal. he had some Oldsmobiles and Pontics that could NOT be stock and go as fast as they did. course i only saw them in Wichita. they would dare not let NHRA inspect them. any one that can pas NHRA inspection and go fast in a stock class has done something.

I was in Denver in 1966 going to teck school for NCR. I was friendly with the guys at Bandimere speed shop and went out to the strip with on a Friday after work before the strip opened. I ran my 66 361 2 barrel Dodge Coronet against Rich's 327 Malibu. I treed him pretty good but he went by me at the top end. I wished I still had my 60 Dodge 383 ram induction Phoenix. It wouldn't have been a race since it turned high 13's at Lions in Long Beach, CA

-
Back