TRUE BOLT ON installation my a...

-

71DusterStruck

Reaction score
I recently bought some parts for my Duster including rear and front anti sway bars. Both of them were supposed to be engineered for the specific vehicle, in my case the 71 Duster. I admit that the front one was spot on, although I did some welding because it just felt safer, the rear one though was far by being true bolt on. The end links of the anti-sway bar were supposed to align perfectly with the center of the frame on each side, but they do not :cussing: and that is because the length of the bar is shorter than it should be... so be aware of that!!!!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

hmmm. looks good in their pictures. they are behind the rear axle while you are in front. Do the frame rails move closer together as you move farther back.
i am familiar with the too short sinerio LOL

No, frame rails go straight back with any deviation, there on the last picture I am holding the bar close to where the end links are supposed to be, according to their instructions... anyway this not bolt on but weld on... I will post soon a pic of what I did

No, frame rails go straight back with any deviation, there on the last picture I am holding the bar close to where the end links are supposed to be, according to their instructions... anyway this not bolt on but weld on... I will post soon a pic of what I did

I meant with OUT any deviation, sorry

I dont mean to argue but I believe the end links should be toward the back of the car. Front this way <-{ and again the rear same way {
Maybe the pictures are decieving. Good luck

I dont mean to argue but I believe the end links should be toward the back of the car. Front this way <-{ and again the rear same way {
Maybe the pictures are decieving. Good luck

if you look at the pictures the end link is right at the muffler... the muffler is in front of the rear. also look at the spring.. the end links are right where the front spring mount is and where the frame curves up to go over the alxe. nothing looks decieving to me.

Ok I was wrong. Looks like a catalitic converter in your pic to me. Had to go out and look under my car to realize the rear of the spring is totally different.
Ignore my previous blonde moments :)

no worries, but for a moment there you got me worried that I made mistake. Anyway Both bars are installed and today I raced a BMW series 3 in hard cornering and you couldn't tell which car was the best. Those bars and edelbrock IAS shocks really made a difference, I am satisfied beyond words!

I have this one which shows how it is attached to the lower control arm... I will have some pics soon because I will lift the car up to re-check both installations.

IMGP0196.jpg

Do you have any pictures of the rear sway bar installation? I also have a Hellwig bar for the rear and it is narrower than the frame rails. dis you just weld a bracket to the frame rails. Fire feel has a rear sway bar that looks pretty sweet. I wish I had bought that one.

Just curious: Where were these parts made? (country)

Do you have any pictures of the rear sway bar installation? I also have a Hellwig bar for the rear and it is narrower than the frame rails. dis you just weld a bracket to the frame rails. Fire feel has a rear sway bar that looks pretty sweet. I wish I had bought that one.

Just bare with me for a week or so and I will have some new pics.

Yes that it how it should have been, that one is an Addco one isn't it, by the way your cuda's suspension and cornering performance has been an inspiration to start working on my suspension... thanks

I noticed something in your pic of you holding the sway bar that is not related to your post but I needed to ask because it has me curious. What rear end do you have in the car? because it looks like a flat type companion flange and not a yoke on your rearend.

Chuck

I will take some pics of that as well. You see not being in the USA makes it a bit hard to find parts so I have to find ways to either have them build or build them my self. You are wright it is a flat type companion flange. You see this is not a mopar drive shaft, it is American but I do not know from which car it came off, and because at the moment the car runs on a European engine it has the according tranny which is a standard GM 4speed auto. Hence the modifications. But I am planning on putting some american muscle in there...

Hey Preston, I still visit your site almost every day... I think I am addicted to Dusters and of course the work you do on yours is amazing!

-
Back