TTI / 10.5 clutch

-
Do you have the part number for the Brewer's fork that you used? Never mind, did not see there was a page 2.

Parts you will need is

TS 636 Torque shaft 63-66 A body w/10.5" clutch

FP484 Fork Pivot

CF702 Clutch Fork 63-66 10.5" conversion

You will also need the ball stud kit which includes the ball stud/bracket for the bell housing and a stud you will have to weld to the stock frame bracket.

You will need to call Brewers to insure the part numbers are correct. They can set you up with everything you'll need.

937-698-4259

I have updated this thread with a picture of the 10.5 inch clutch Z Bar I made for the diaphragm clutch I had in the car originally. You can see the weld in the tube to align the forks. The second picture is intended to contrast the two clutch fork differences; notice the longer clutch fork has a pivot that is designed to angles the fork slightly downward. The last two pictures show my Borg & Beck (10.95 inch Scallop) clutch installation in the car now. One picture shows how close the shorte header collector is to the Z Bar and highlighting how important it is to orient it correctly (this is a difficult flange for one person to torque). The last picture shows my Borg & Beck (10.95 inch Scalloped clutch) Z Bar installed. This Z Bar's lower arm is straight and longer than the diaphragm Z bar in the picture above, because it has to connect with the clutch fork that is pitched slightly downward and is a little longer.

Hope this is helpful

Z Bar1.JPG

ClutchForks.JPG

ZbarCollector.JPG

BottemViewClutchFork.JPG

Thanks for the pictures!! I think these will really help those using a 4speed and Spitfires.

As an update on my issues - we talked with Mr. Richardson at MoparMecca. I'm not sure how many people have heard/talked with this guy, but he was VERY helpful and has gone through a lot of these same problems. According to him, he was the person that commissioned TTI to build the headers in the first place. He had to order 25 of them before they would even start to make them. So really thanks to him, we now have TTIs as an option. He also has said that he has had great success in using the Kiesler Hyd. TOB custom parts with the Mcleod actual hyd. TOB.

If anybody needs to buy a set of TTIs, I suggest giving your business to this very helpful guy.

So our plan is to go back to trying to use a hyd. TOB - we will need to ditch our brand new Centerforce clutch (the CF doesn't work will with hyd. TOB), but in the end, I think it will be worth it.

Winter has kept me from moving forward too much on things on my end. I'll make sure to keep folks informed if I have any news.

-
Back