tti headers leaking...

-

dust-u

Reaction score
just finished some upgrades to my 340. swapped heads to a 318 with the emissions holes in the exh. ports.( they have been seriously reworked)here is my problem and I hope someone can help. I have an older set of tti,headers
I used a set of fel pro exh gaskets, installed correctly and as soon as I fired it up shortly thereafter the gaskets gave out or sound like they have. are the headers the same for any factory head? I did drill and plug the emissions holes.? when I got the headers initially they came with gaskets that looked to be two glued together.they served me well but disintegrated when I took the motor out.has anyone had an issue with the heads (456s I think) and tti,s. should I double up a set of gaskets like I had initially?the exhaust ports look like the 340 heads as near as I could tell? any ideas?

They are designed for the 360/340 ports. I used felpro gaskets on mine and haven't had a problem. Can you feel where the leak is? Are you sure the emission ports were sealed up good? What did you do to seal them up?

One header company says not to use a gasket but, High Temp. RTV. Lay a consistent bead, approx. 1/16" in diameter around each port on the header. Let the RTV cure. Then bolt it up.

opinions are like a--- h----- , everybody has one . My opinion, after finding the problem, I`d take a moment and think on how restricting my exhaust system is.

if your calling me an *** hole that's cool my wife does it 3 or more times a week but I don't understand the rest of the post ?

I’d look fo a bad flange. Unless one of those emission holes are leaking.

Remglex is a great gasket.

if your calling me an *** hole that's cool my wife does it 3 or more times a week but I don't understand the rest of the post ?
no, no , no, meant more toward myself !! LOL , I BEEN BUILDING MY OWN EXHAUST SYSTEMS, HAVEN`Y BLOWN A HEAER GASKET SINCE. DISREGARD CAPS !

If you're really careful you can extend the holes that go over the end studs so you can slip the Remflex gaskets straight down without moving the headers too much.

Just pulled the engine, removed the TTI headers and no signs of leaks. Been on for 8 years and used the TTI supplied gaskets.

-
Back