TTIs installed tonight!!

-

69B-Cuda

Reaction score
finally got the TTIs installed tonight, they have been in the loft in the shop for at least a year.... (tranny was bad so I have not been driving it though).

My 360 should be very happy, it was running through the stock 318 manifolds into 1 3/4 pipes then up to 2" through the mufflers. The headers and getting rid of the 1 3/4" pipe should wake it up a bit, but I think it will still be a bit corked up till I get a new 2 1/2" exhaust kit to finish it off.

Oh and note to self... don't leave a 5 gallon bucket behind the wood stove in the shop.... it might not hold water ever again!

Attachments

• cuda-headers (3).jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 450
  • cuda-headers (4).jpg
    159 KB · Views: 469
  • cuda-headers (5).jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 481
  • bucket (1).jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 445
Good deal on the headers......the bucket has seen better days....

Those fit a lot better than my Hooker headers,nice.

I'm happy so far with the fit. I did have to put a shim under the driver side motor mount so it would clear the power steering box. I think it was sitting a tad lower than stock, either because of the rubber mounts (maybe not tall enough) or because of the metal part I made to bolt to the engine...I will also be able to get the stock starter in and out without taking the headers off, I was worried about that.

Good deal on the headers......the bucket has seen better days....
yeah, I was using the bucket to stand on while I was fixing the stove pipe a couple weeks ago... then I forgot about it behind the stove... DOH!

Cool. looks like they fit well like everyone says.
they do... the directions do not say you need to loosen the passenger motor mount nad jack the engine up but I ended up doing that. I also had to take the 90 degree oil filter adapter off to get the header up in there, but I was able to put it right back on after the header was in place.

headers look great,as far as the bucket goes a little fiberglass and bondo its good as new.lol

I'm jealous

I thought I was savin' some money, and an acquaintance talked me into "just buy the cheap Hedmans."

1 Had to remove the cheap-*** low temp paint with stripper before repainting with hi-temp

2 Had to dent them in several places, (which voids the warrantee. Yeah, I sent them a flame'n email)

a torsion bar on pass side
b pan rail on pass side
c steering column near firewall, and steering coupler
d man. steering box
e some pitman arm interferance

3 Not sure I like the "new improved" bell collectors. I will admit, they don't leak (yet)

4 Even getting a mini starter in is a trick. (Pulled out old starter, put in mini after headers were on) Had to yank apart center link/ pitman arm to get clearance

Thank Gauewd I have a chassis hoist. Gettin' too old to crawl around under there.

yep, I have had 2 or 3 sets of cheap headers on this car... went back to manifolds but when I swapped from 318 to 360, the exhaust ports are a lot bigger on the 360 heads and the 318 manifolds leaked like crazy. I bought these from someone on this site (still unused) and got a sweet deal on them.

Take a look at TTIs wwebsite to see how their 3" X pipe looks. I had a local shop copy the idea using a Jegs $100 X pipe setup. With flowmaster 40s the car did not slow down a bit.

-
Back