Tube Chassis Hemi Dart Project

-
sounds a little loud...you might want to check your muffler...it might have a small hole in it.....just say'n

you probably have a roller cam and don't have to be concerned with cam break-in

seriously...freekin awsome!

Denny

sounds a little loud...you might want to check your muffler...it might have a small hole in it.....just say'n

you probably have a roller cam and don't have to be concerned with cam break-in

seriously...freekin awsome!

Denny
Denny I agree it is a little loud for my taste. I am running a 4 inch collector with a 4 disc muffler insert sold by a company called Car Chemistry. This winter I plan on pulling them out and looking at other options. And you're right, I have a Crane roller cam and all clearances were set up for minimum break in. I think it's ready for the track but first a couple of outdoor shows once the temp drops back into the lower 90's.

Thanks Blue Missile, HemiMark, and HEMI-ITIS for the props.

Denny I agree it is a little loud for my taste. I am running a 4 inch collector with a 4 disc muffler insert sold by a company called Car Chemistry. This winter I plan on pulling them out and looking at other options. And you're right, I have a Crane roller cam and all clearances were set up for minimum break in. I think it's ready for the track but first a couple of outdoor shows once the temp drops back into the lower 90's.

Thanks Blue Missile, HemiMark, and HEMI-ITIS for the props.
One more thing. I swear once we got it fired I tried to keep the rpm's around 1500 just so we could check for leaks, etc. The pedal literally felt like it was tugging on my foot begging for more. I took my son down the street and back (video soon) and the Hemi kept yelling at me "floor it!" but of course I couldn't on a quiet neighborhood street. I've got to get used to this wonderful machine I have created. I know it has a personality all it's own and it definitely commands respect and demands attention. Yeehaw!

club meeting?.....nobody told me...and the HemiDart is comin?....who do I gotta see to get an invite?

Are you going to be close enough to bring it to a club meeting?
Andrew
Andrew I'm afraid it's a little too far to drive to the club meeting. I will have it at the Gearheads car show at Cabella's in Kyle October 22 for its debut show. And Denny, you are the Ohio representative of the local Mopar club here in Austin so you're welcome anytime!

great...the Ohio rep!
....and that's a good thing?....right?

Real piece of art,,real craftsmanship, you all should be proud,,,but humble....My favorite part;( I took my SON a ride down the street )It was a great feeling to reap your rewards of hard labour,,even GREATER to share that with your SON!!!! DON`T worry about the DOG, worry about the GUN!

Thanks for the kind words Grampas Toy. You're right--the best part was having my 11 year old son riding shotgun on the maiden voyage. We're both still grinning!

WOW...that baby really sit on the ground.......excellant!

I'll bet it was the "crowd pleaser"

Hey HD528 -
Beautiful car! Love the stance and everything else.
I think you need to pack it up next April and take a road trip out to Vegas for Moparty At The Strip, April 13-15.
I'd love to take a look at it and you need to show it to the rest of the Mopar world.

The 1st fire in the hole is always a great feeling:glasses7:I finally got to dyno my freshened hemi.My palms were sweaty and it fired at the hit of the key.I love when that happens!!:cheers:

Waiting for vid's of you striping the roadway:burnout:

A little more footage leaving the show.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbGb36s_Cko"]VIDEO0005.3gp - YouTube[/ame]

Forgot to add that I installed a pair of 4" Flowmaster Outlaw mufflers to further help the car chemistry discs in the collectors and I like the sound better. Seems to have shaved off a few db's from the initial exhaust note we had a couple of weeks ago.

where did you go?.....not even so much as a post card...

-
Back