tubular lower control arms for coilovers

-

junior636

Reaction score
Just thought i'd share my build of the lca's that I've been working on. My idea for these was to not have to modify the k member but have a tubular control arm. I was hoping to retain the factory strut bar too but I'm going to have to build adjustable strut bars for these. I'm only about half way right now on the project but I'm bored and thought I'd start a thread.

First thing was i had to build a custom pivot shaft, i wanted to use the stock one but couldn't come up with a good way of doing that.

Before i added the threads

Couldn't get my lathe to thread properly, don't mind the crappy threads, i need to remake this one anyway

Working on the strut bars now. I'm also considering a bracket that goes to the end of the shaft for extra support, haven't figured a good way to do that yet.

Still need to add a brace on the bottom side of the arm just to stiffen things up. Currently this one weighs 4lbs and the stocker is 10lbs. Once all said and done this should save about 15lbs off the front end.

Tough crowd, I'll keep posting progress anyway.....

Got the other side welded up tonight, first strut bar just about done, forgot to get a bolt to connect to the arm so i couldn't finish it up.

what is the polyurethane bushing from? and do you think it would be better to use a solid bushing instead?

I like this build! will keep watching.....keep posting

Just watching the progress......nice fab work.

I'm a fan
Denny

what is the polyurethane bushing from? and do you think it would be better to use a solid bushing instead?

I got these from Prothane,they are a universal pivot bushing. These have the largest shaft diameter available which is why i went with them. I think it's nice to have a component that has some give to it without bending the other components if its hit hard, such as a pot hole or coming down from a wheelie etc.

-
Back