tubular lower control arms for coilovers

-
I wasnt trying to pee in your cereal. I like what tour doing. One sugestion/ idea. I will be adding a rear plate to support the back of the bolt to the frame now that my car is going onto the street. What are your thought on providing more strength.

No, I know, I just wasnt aware that he made a similar design but when I went to his site I do remember seeing them now. I think I mentioned it in the first or second post of the thread but my intent is to design a bracket that uses stock bolt locations and then locates out to the end of the pivot shaft.

If you want a great money maker fab a sent of front steer ball jounts arms to run a rack forward of the k member.

Yeah I was going to tackle that beast but it seems to be pretty beaten to death and not a single person that I have seen has done it well with the stock k member. I was going to design and build my own k member with a rack but thought I would give this a shot first.

I took the cheap lazy way out and I am in the process of installing an omi rack in the stock steering bar location. Biggest pain in the *** is trying to support it that far off the k member and not have it look like total horse crap.

You are paying to remove your t bars for space. The steering is still the sticking point if you want to move the engine back with a bb.

I know thats right! I have a BB in my car that is lowered quite a bit and moved back as far as it can go, the damn back port on the drivers side lines right up with the steering which leaves little to no room for headers.

junior636

I am in NW Ohio.....You are welcome to come to my little shop and look....touch....talk K frames and component's. I am ALWAYS happy to share ....I just don't want to type a manual.

You do not need to buy anything.

If you want to build your own...A-OK with me.

The invite goes for any other FABO member.

Denny

Is this something your just doing for your car or are you going to sell these? NICE WORK!!!!!

junior636

I am in NW Ohio.....You are welcome to come to my little shop and look....touch....talk K frames and component's. I am ALWAYS happy to share ....I just don't want to type a manual.

You do not need to buy anything.

If you want to build your own...A-OK with me.

The invite goes for any other FABO member.

Denny

Thanks Denny, I might take you up on that sometime after the first of the year! I had actually considered just buying one of your set ups not too long ago. I had pm'ed you about a few questions I had but it was around the time the server crashed and I think my pm was lost. I always love learning anything I can about this stuff.

Is this something your just doing for your car or are you going to sell these? NICE WORK!!!!!

I am considering selling them. I know I would have to get set up as a site sponsor here to do that but at this point I am just trying to get these set up and all the kinks out of them before I would try selling anything.

The bracket looks like a good add....I also like using a heim ( as pictured) on the inside pivot for this application because as the suspension goes up/down, the arc of the strut rod forces the arm to go for/aft slightly. The heim keeps the LCA from binding.

Just my thunkin'

I was towing with this idea to try and move the rack forward in the car a bit by making a piece to bring the steering arm mounts forward but not change the turning radius or cause a bind.
My engine is about 7" back from stock so the rack is under the front 1/3rd of my pan. I can make a pan to fit but would like to move the rack about 3" forward. Not trying to hijack your thread Junior just spitting out ideas. There has got to be a way to change the steering to move the engine back

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 937
I was towing with this idea to try and move the rack forward in the car a bit by making a piece to bring the steering arm mounts forward but not change the turning radius or cause a bind.
My engine is about 7" back from stock so the rack is under the front 1/3rd of my pan. I can make a pan to fit but would like to move the rack about 3" forward. Not trying to hijack your thread Junior just spitting out ideas. There has got to be a way to change the steering to move the engine back

Just trying to understand....are you using a rear steer rack?

Looks like a nice piece. Hey Denny where in NW Ohio are you located? I went to school out in Lima, OH years ago. I should be back out in that area for a seminar this July, I'd love to come by, check out the operation, and shoot the sh*t.

Looks like a nice piece. Hey Denny where in NW Ohio are you located? I went to school out in Lima, OH years ago. I should be back out in that area for a seminar this July, I'd love to come by, check out the operation, and shoot the sh*t.

I live in Bowling Green....but my lil shop is in Findlay. (off exit 161 on the north side)

just say the word!

I live in Bowling Green....but my lil shop is in Findlay. (off exit 161 on the north side)

just sat the word!

I may have to take you up on that as well. Been saving to get one of your K frames down the road and would love to see one in person before I do.

OP, I'm also following your build, looks promising for sure.

Havent really accomplished anything this week, lots going on at work and the with the holidays. I am hoping to get the other shaft turned this weekend then im going to throw the k member back in the car so I can figure out the strut bars, bump stops, turn stops, etc.

I may have to take you up on that as well. Been saving to get one of your K frames down the road and would love to see one in person before I do.

OP, I'm also following your build, looks promising for sure.

Come on over...up...or down.

It is always fun talking Mopars and swapping stories.

Still not much done, got some done today, both arms are done, both spindles turned, going to get it all mocked up in the car soon but i have a brand new set of wilwoods so i have to assemble those before i can put it all back together. I need to get it assembled in the car so i can figure out what i want to do for the strut rods.

Junior - Denny

What do you think would happen if you used a rack in the front with a intermediate steering bar mounted perpendicular to the LCA right underneath them that could then pick up a short steering arm in the rear in the stock location?

Attachments

• front end.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 657
you probably wouldn't believe it....but I tried this set up some 20 years ago. I STILL have the pivot shafts / arms I had fabbed.

it just turned into a Rube Goldberg set-up....ackerman was solved , but bumpsteer was a M.F. The pivots (new inner tie rod) would have to be precisely in the same location as the drag links puts the factory pivots.....difficult to place the pivots where needed.

I think you would still need a front steer (pinto / Mustang) rack and not a rear steer Omni rack.

-
Back