Tunnel ram or no tunnel ram...

-
Flat base air cleaner will be exactly in line with hole of the scoop. In the movie I was looking down the scoop at an angle. I was driving with and without hood without any change. At this point changes to the carbs will be experimental to see the difference. Besides momentary rich condition every time i touch the throttle, everything looks very good. I'm quite impressed, car runs better than with single dominator without a doubt.
Just to be clear I'm not criticizing anything, I'm pretty sure you sense that but you never know. I admire your work here and enjoy the updates you post. That scoop sux from a functional standpoint BUT IT ALWAYS LOOKS PRETTY COOL, to me anyway!

Just to be clear I'm not criticizing anything, I'm pretty sure you sense that but you never know. I admire your work here and enjoy the updates you post. That scoop sux from a functional standpoint BUT IT ALWAYS LOOKS PRETTY COOL, to me anyway!
I was thinking about opening it in the back to improve on functionality but I’m not sure if it won’t make things worse…

Any good deals for shark tooth grill around here? ;-)
I need to complete the look

B314E5C5-BF57-4F3D-BCB8-CAA479CD26F8.jpeg

I have a Indy tunnel ram all ported and blended in my Challenger street/strip car with 2 1050 Dominators. Totally streetable and driven all over.

IMG_8664.jpg

IMG_8666.jpg

that scoop looks a bit taller than yours which would give more room for more efficient filters.
neil.
Yes it’s slightly taller but I guess no filters anyway for racing. I can drive without filters most of the time. Had an idea to build base for big oval filter from 2x 10” cleaners I got, fabricate top for it to get better filtering surface with less restriction. Also was thinking about lowering the whole engine but there is only 3/4” to gain with oil pan even closer to the ground. I live in world capital of idiot activists that install speed bumps everywhere so it’s too risky.

564A2267-14E5-4838-B371-55354DD1C0C6.jpeg

Those are nice carbs. If you are running pump gas (I can’t remember if you are or aren‘t) I would certainly look into an annular booster that has a minimum of 16 holes and IMO 20 holes would be better.

Of course, I could be totally wrong on that so if I were you I would email or call Mark at Lightning Carbs and ask him what boosters he likes for your application. He makes his own boosters and that’s what I use.
Is a annual booster something that will pick up power in a 750 vac sec carb?

Is a annual booster something that will pick up power in a 750 vac sec carb?
Pick up power in everything, atomization at the booster will only help. The spray is wider and small droplets. There's a reason why dominator carbs and most throttle body with injectors are annular. The only issue with a 750 the venturi is small and the booster takes up a lot of room but the shear on the booster actually negates the space by helping velocity. Upper rpm may be hindered a little

Pick up power in everything, atomization at the booster will only help. The spray is wider and small droplets. There's a reason why dominator carbs and most throttle body with injectors are annular. The only issue with a 750 the venturi is small and the booster takes up a lot of room but the shear on the booster actually negates the space by helping velocity. Upper rpm may be hindered a little
So, foe my combination, it probably ain't worth the effort? It's a Vacuum Secondary carb anyhow.... I've been reading on that threat y'all had going man that's pretty heavy in that stuff that I've never even read much about before I kind of dig it it's a learning experience

So, foe my combination, it probably ain't worth the effort? It's a Vacuum Secondary carb anyhow.... I've been reading on that threat y'all had going man that's pretty heavy in that stuff that I've never even read much about before I kind of dig it it's a learning experience
I'd say it is worth the effort, since you have a stock Holley main body the boosters will go right in. I have a different type which isn't registered like the Holley and had to have rat bastid turn the tube to fit .

I'd say it is worth the effort, since you have a stock Holley main body the boosters will go right in. I have a different type which isn't registered like the Holley and had to have rat bastid turn the tube to fit
OK, dig That! Thanks Man! Super Tuning those things really isn't one of my traits, but it seems like you guys have that down! I'm guessing from reading some of Rat stuff, he used to do or still does a lot of drag racing and seems to have access to or runs a Dyno or used too... none of my business but, when I see stuff like that, I think I can learn from, I tend to read a lot of it! And then it gives me these crazy ideas. Like the insane air cake pan and Chevelle gasket Ram air induction piece I built (courtesy of @Demon x2s thread) just modified my own way..

OK, dig That! Thanks Man! Super Tuning those things really isn't one of my traits, but it seems like you guys have that down! I'm guessing from reading some of Rat stuff, he used to do or still does a lot of drag racing and seems to have access to or runs a Dyno or used too... none of my business but, when I see stuff like that, I think I can learn from, I tend to read a lot of it! And then it gives me these crazy ideas. Like the insane air cake pan and Chevelle gasket Ram air induction piece I built (courtesy of @Demon x2s thread) just modified my own way..
We should be making some YouTube videos or I should say rat bastid will of Dyno stuff, he has one in his garage. I hope to be a super tuner someday, I'm more like a perpetual student and willing to try stuff out. I have a couple great teachers now, rat being one and my boss the other.

We should be making some YouTube videos or I should say rat bastid will of Dyno stuff, he has one in his garage. I hope to be a super tuner someday, I'm more like a perpetual student and willing to try stuff out. I have a couple great teachers now, rat being one and my boss the other.
Hey Brother, You Know what they say, right?

All right I'm a HoleShot Ya! must be rude if I'm interrupting my own damn question! I'll leave the question you decide though and say you are Truly Blessed to be doing, what a lot of us dream about doing, for a living and be able to absorb the knowledge of some people like that!

Learn or die ?
That's a good one! somewhere I read do what you Truly Love, and you'll never actually work a day in your life! It's funny you say that, the very first day ( when I was in my teens and I was on a stucco job) pushing a wheelbarrow that weighed 1.5× of what I did, through Sugar Sand filled with stucco (overflowing that thing) I seen the plasters on the wall, with the hawk and trowel, and I said that's what I'm going to do and learn how to run those tools, cuz I ain't pushing this wheelbarrow too long! Lol so it is learn or die brother you're absolutely right

All right I'm a HoleShot Ya! must be rude if I'm interrupting my own damn question! I'll leave the question you decide though and say you are Truly Blessed to be doing, what a lot of us dream about doing, for a living and be able to absorb the knowledge of some people like that!
Thanks I appreciate that, I thought I answered the question correctly lol

That's a good one! somewhere I read do what you truly love and you'll never actually work a day in your life! It's funny you say that the very first day when I was in my teens and I was on a stucco job pushing a wheelbarrow that way 1 and 1/2 times of what I did through Sugar Sand filled with stucco (overflowing that thing) I seen the plasters on the wall with the hawk and trowel and I said that's what I'm going to do and learn how to run those tools cuz I ain't pushing this wheelbarrow too long! Lol so it is learn or die brother you're absolutely right
That's the truth, all of it.

That's the truth, all of it.
Yessir. No, I don't push them tools anymore (I did it for a couple years,on and off, was taught by some people that used to be good friends of mine) but having a few years into that different type of exterior finishing, help round out who I am and it's actually saved my *** and Feed me more than once and at the same time I've been able to help other people out while I'm doing it. You got the Best Job Dude! The only thing I think would be cooler than that would be to restore antique Harley-Davidsons and Mopars exclusively, using someone else's budget of course! Lol not that I want to Rob them it's the whole point of not wanting to work with cheap people wanting you to build junk for pennies on the dollar

-
Back