Tunnel rams are such a pain in the ***!

-
Looking great! Keep posting photos. Make sure you go with a much bigger line to the puke tank. You need 5/8" minimum which is a AN10. My buddy runs those stacks on his blown BBC and loves them!

Looking great! Keep posting photos. Make sure you go with a much bigger line to the puke tank. You need 5/8" minimum which is a AN10. My buddy runs those stacks on his blown BBC and loves them!

I will be changing breather tank with this setup. i was runnjng pcv valve on driver side and breather tank on pass side. new setup will be two port tank with -10 lines to both valve covers.

I will be changing breather tank with this setup. i was runnjng pcv valve on driver side and breather tank on pass side. new setup will be two port tank with -10 lines to both valve covers.

There ya go! That's how I did it on my other Brand X car.

12932752_10154064689267398_349308007963951203_n_zpsmlvb8la6.jpg

20170129_100114.jpg
I can't believe how late I am to this conversation I must be doing too much snowmobiling. Of course everybody's seen my tunnel ram blah blah blah. but anyways I did use the two Edelbrocks for ease of tuning and budget (I had them). It's just very easy to set up the linkage and they're small enough to have room to work around them a bit. don't get me wrong I would prefer The Hollies. One thing I did do was install a wideband O2 sensor which really helped in the carburetor tuning. Or at least I think I did I was able to Tinker the Jets and stuff around to make it idle at 14.2 - 1 and at Full Throttle 12.5 - 1. I noticed you live close, do you race at Woodburn or at PIR? of course I posted a million times but I definitely race the "hole of the hood" at Woodburn. it's only six races and it's once a month and it's on the off days so it's not expensive. Well I'm caught up to the thread now and I've went through and hit all my likes. I really appreciate all the hard work you put into that tunnel ram and it inspires me to do some of the same. I really like seeing it all smooth and Polished out with all the lettering gone. Great job! Since you showed me yours I'll show you mine! Again.
20170129_100333.jpg
20170129_100114.jpg

Well I took my first crack at port matching tonight. Never done it before and who knows if I helped or hurt it. My plan of attack was to take as little material as possible and match ports, then blend in either direction as gradually as possible. I also tried to round and smooth all edges at the top of intake where air/fuel mixture enters the runners. I started with a burr but then switched to sand paper rolls. What do you guys think? I'm open to all advise.

http://s1152.photobucket.com/user/johnnydart431/media/IMG_4586_zps1aki1rii.jpg.html]
IMG_4586_zps1aki1rii.jpg
[/URL]

Got my tunnel ram back from powder coat! Pretty happy with how it turned out! I ordered my carbs last night too. Very very soon this will be running!

http://s1152.photobucket.com/user/johnnydart431/media/IMG_4652_zpsw9ianpup.jpg.html]
IMG_4652_zpsw9ianpup.jpg
[/URL]

I seen a three duces set up too, sure would fix some tuning issues but $$$.
This tunnel ram is going on a max effort street strip build. I have a light weight chassis, big stall, high rear gear, big cam and great flowing heads! I also spent the money to have bigs build me a set of custom carberators. I have heard horror stories about rams on the street but most times it's guys putting tunnel rams on otherwise stock engines. I will be posting lots of videos. This should be a rowdy set up!

Cuda chick......... out gassing was horrible on this one. They primed it three times. Sanded it down each time. Last time just few small bubbles on underside. I settled for that. In the future could I just out gas it myself at home? In my oven? No powder just cook it at 400 if it where totally clean? I washed the thing for almost an hour after all my sanding.

Cuda chick......... out gassing was horrible on this one. They primed it three times. Sanded it down each time. Last time just few small bubbles on underside. I settled for that. In the future could I just out gas it myself at home? In my oven? No powder just cook it at 400 if it where totally clean? I washed the thing for almost an hour after all my sanding.

if you put an @ sign in front of her name she will get a notification

like this @CudaChick1968

I powder coat all my parts at home, I always bake them in the oven for a bit first to get all the crap out of the castings. I wouldn't do it in your house oven though, they smoke and stink like crazy. I have a dedicated oven in the garage.

You want to outgas parts at a higher temperature and for a longer duration than you would use to cure your powder darlin. An intake takes at least an hour to heat all the way through (get a temp gun if you don't have one yet). If it was my job to do, it would cook at 500 for several hours or you'll fight outgassing forever ... as it seems you discovered.

You want to outgas parts at a higher temperature and for a longer duration than you would use to cure your powder darlin. An intake takes at least an hour to heat all the way through (get a temp gun if you don't have one yet). If it was my job to do, it would cook at 500 for several hours or you'll fight outgassing forever ... as it seems you discovered.
I used a local shop that does mostly industrial stuff. They don't have much experience with intricate stuff like this. Lesson learned

Got intake all cleaned up on gasket surfaces. Got gaskets installed and regulator mounted. Building throttle brackets and return spring brackets now.

http://s1152.photobucket.com/user/johnnydart431/media/IMG_4691_zpsrneeav6z.jpg.html]
IMG_4691_zpsrneeav6z.jpg
[/URL]

-
Back