Turbo 383 in a A-body Barracuda

-
got my flywheel bolts in today but won't be able to work on the car for a few days my mother is real sick so getting on a plane later today and going to Montana to see her so i'll start back on the car when I get back

well i am back but i have to share a pic of a good friends a body its putting out around 1000 horse

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    129.2 KB · Views: 1,057
worked on the barracuda a little today took off the old harmonic balancer and installed the fluid dampener it was a PITA i had to actually build a press to get it on very tight fit , also installed the new $200.00 custom pulley still can't believe he charged me that much to make it

Attachments

• photo 2.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 1,048
  • photo 3.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 1,012
WOW,that's a lot for just one pulley...Couldnt find it elsewhere?

If I was stepping towards the radiator there all over but I was stepping back towards the motor and no one makes them that way so had to get it custom made

LoL!! Didn't you know that anything for a Mopar is expensive????

Just sayn' "Mopar" triples the price!!

Sounds like there is a niche to be filled by an enterprising person. I'm sure a pulley could be produced much cheaper than $200 if done on a large scale. It seems silly to assume someone saying "mopar" automatically increases price. Might as well have "sucker" on your forehead,lol....

hell the guy who made it for me had no idea it was for a mopar just said it cost that much do to the set up time on the computer but i don't think there is much demand for the pulley configuration i am using or someone would already make it the only thing i found that has a set back is for blower applications and they go from an alternator pulley to a coughed pulley so they won't work and 440 source sells real nice machined aluminum pulleys for $54 but going the other direction

.........It seems silly to assume someone saying "mopar" automatically increases price. Might as well have "sucker" on your forehead,lol....

SUCKER!!! :D

Sorry to say it but its true! Just take a look at your JEG's or Summit catalog!

For instance,
Roller Rockers! Same materials as Chivy, Triple the price! Harmonic Balancer, Pistons, Heads to name a few. Ford runs a close second as far as price.

I guess the next thing I will hear/read will be demand!

Bologna!!!!! There are just as many Mopars as Chivy's and Fords!! Everyone builds Chivy since they are the cheapest to maintain:wack:.

Hell, I can't believe what the cost of a pair of heads are for the 3rd gen Hemi much less a cam!!!

I won't even mention "Sheetmetal"!!!:banghead:

Rediculous!!!:protest:

found a company that makes a lower alternator bracket for big blocks and there pictures gave me a good way to build mine so thats what i spent most of the day doing is fabing up a new bracket and getting the right size belts will have to take it apart again for paint but it all worked out good and now the alternator is further away from the exhaust than before

Attachments

• photo 2.JPG
    103.9 KB · Views: 990
  • photo 4.JPG
    111.5 KB · Views: 1,007
While i'm thinking about it I want to make sure you remember that the MBC is turned off!! You need to remember that before you try running the car! The BOV only has the 7# spring in it. I doubt it will get that much boost with just the spring!!

Bracket looks good! Lots of clearance with the stock K-frame gone!

well been getting the console modified to fit on the new hump and mount the front seats so i can star on the roll cage wanted to know exactly were the front seats were going to sit when slid all the way back drivers side went in real nice but the passenger side is a pain had to cut out the bench seat mounting hump to have it set right in the process i found a spot of caulking the size of a silver dollar and when i scraped it off the floor it was covering a big rusted threw area so started looking at the floor and there were several spots like this and sure enough every one is hiding rusted out floor sections so been patching a lot of floor (should of bought a complete floor pan but to far into repairs now to do that) also i dropped a screw down the rear window area and when i reached in the area i found out the inner rocker panel has a hole rusted threw it the size of my fist so i checked the other side and yep same thing there so now i don't know what to do about those inner rocker panels i really really don't want to pull the quarter panels loose to repair them and there is no way to reach in there from the window area so here is my ? do you guys think i could get away with deactivating that rust and just leave it alone i feel with the frame connecters and the roll cage installed that the chassey would stay solid and would not be an issue so please give me your thoughts on this

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    116.3 KB · Views: 956
  • photo 2.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 967
Rust in the inner rockers?? Didn't see any of that and I took pics for a member here of the rear window regulators! You should have those same pics on the memory card I gave you.

The only rust I found in the rear was the lower 1/4's behind the wheelwell and the rear window area which I repaired/replaced.

If your not going to cut the 1/4's just use a good rust convertor (I poured several cups into the 1/4's in front of and across the top of the wheelwells) and use 3M undercoating to seal it. I guess the prior owner was lazy when he worked on the floorpans! I took him for his word that he already repaired those issues. I was skeptical since the Por-15 didn't stick to the front replacement floorpans!! Sorry to hear you are running into so many issues. But like you said before, its a 40+ year old Mopar!

Put the cage in it and roll!!!!!!!!!

ok been real busy and don't have a lot to update on the car got a paying side job replacing the floor pans and some of the frame work on a guys jeep cherokee i did finish building the trans mount cross member looks nice but have not taken any pics of it yet also have spent a lot of time with a heat gun trying to scrape off all the tar under this car some areas its almost an inch thick and did find some more rusted out spots but nothing to bad easy fixes .

got an update on the 1970 Dodge truck i bought it finally got picked up and should be delivered on Sunday some time took almost 2 months for that to happen guess not many trucks run that far south in Arizona

ok been real busy and don't have a lot to update on the car got a paying side job replacing the floor pans and some of the frame work on a guys jeep cherokee i did finish building the trans mount cross member looks nice but have not taken any pics of it yet also have spent a lot of time with a heat gun trying to scrape off all the tar under this car some areas its almost an inch thick and did find some more rusted out spots but nothing to bad easy fixes .

got an update on the 1970 Dodge truck i bought it finally got picked up and should be delivered on Sunday some time took almost 2 months for that to happen guess not many trucks run that far south in Arizona

:) More money for mods!!! :blob:

ZIEBART sucks dude!! Starts popping when it gets hot and burns like hell!

Any updates??????

sorry Robert been knee deep in other peoples repairs and have not been able to do anything on the cuda lately but it should slack up in a couple of weeks and i'll be back at it

sorry Robert been knee deep in other peoples repairs and have not been able to do anything on the cuda lately but it should slack up in a couple of weeks and i'll be back at it

I hear ya! Me too! But looks like I will be busy for more than a couple of weeks. A/C work is in abundance here. Suppose to be in triple digits soon.

Gotta pay the bills!

If I was stepping towards the radiator there all over but I was stepping back towards the motor and no one makes them that way so had to get it custom made

Hi, www.autospecialties.com (ASP) makes custom pulleys.
I'm building an 8-71 blown sb Mopar and need a 4" deep water pump pulley, with a 5 to 5.5" diameter.

What is the contact info on your pulley machinist?

Hi, www.autospecialties.com (ASP) makes custom pulleys.
I'm building an 8-71 blown sb Mopar and need a 4" deep water pump pulley, with a 5 to 5.5" diameter.

What is the contact info on your pulley machinist?

the machinist is a guy by the name of Rich Nodes he is located in Clinton Nj and the phone number is (nine zero eight) 236-7996 and I highly recommend him for one off custom parts

-
Back