Turbo 383 in a A-body Barracuda

-
Nice Durango! That would sell quick here in California!
& 72 your a NUT in that truck! having fun with what you enjoy is what it is all about! :burnout:

well if you know any one that would want it I will let it go for 7500

.........I have probably had the front fenders and grill off 30 times to get everything to work the hard part was building a new way to support the bottom of the grill fram since it was cut out to make room for the intercooler

That bracket was actually the hood latch support. Your right, there was no room for it so I cut it and welded it to the intercooler mount to assure that the hood latch would not bend when shutting the hood.

I was planning on using a piece of 1/4" square stock and welding it to the intercooler bracket and down to the valance and back to the lower radiator support. Just never got around to finishing that up.

Is there enough room for the bracket you just made between the outer grill surrounds and intercooler??

I guess you could always trim both the backsides of the outer grill surrounds to clear it.

That bracket was actually the hood latch support. Your right, there was no room for it so I cut it and welded it to the intercooler mount to assure that the hood latch would not bend when shutting the hood.

I was planning on using a piece of 1/4" square stock and welding it to the intercooler bracket and down to the valance and back to the lower radiator support. Just never got around to finishing that up.

Is there enough room for the bracket you just made between the outer grill surrounds and intercooler??

I guess you could always trim both the backsides of the outer grill surrounds to clear it.

Everything clears now I have gotten really good at taking all this apart and putting it back together ill take a picture of the front on for you

still working on the little things up front had to change how i was going to mount the over flow tank of course i had already welded it in and had to cut it all out and then do it again built the last 2 brackets for the front sheet metal got the over flow hoses built and the new oil drain hose for the turbo built mounted the relay for the fans then i put all the tin and hoses on to make sure every thing is working like i want

Attachments

• photo 5.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 703
  • photo 4.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 713
lower valance brackets

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 689
  • photo 3.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 680
heres pics of everything together for cuudak

Attachments

• photo 4.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 707
  • photo 3.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 691
  • photo 2.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 692
  • photo 1.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 705
more for cuudak

Attachments

• photo 2.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 683
  • photo 3.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 697
  • photo 1.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 705
pulled the front seats today drilled out all the pop rivets holding in the four speed hump then took a wire wheel to the floor boards to clean up all the silicone that was used pulled the trans out of the car and got every thing ready to install the new T56 trans put the backing plate on the block and went to bolt up the flywheel and found out they didn't send me the bolts just seems like I can't catch a break on this stuff so i just ordered some ARP flywheel bolts paid for the next day shipping so hopefully they will get here Monday so going to take a break from the car this weekend and go to Carlyle PA they are having a big car show this weekend should be fun

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 701
  • photo 2.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 705
That pilot bushing is brand new. I installed that when it was still going to be a 4 speed :) Just wondering if that kit you got has a needle type bearing instead??

That pilot bushing is brand new. I installed that when it was still going to be a 4 speed :) Just wondering if that kit you got has a needle type bearing instead??

yes i have a new needle bering setup for it

yes i have a new needle bering setup for it

That thing is a real Beeeeeeatch to get out!!! You will definitely need a pilot bearing puller to get it out. The part store have them but not the right one. I just went through that.

This is the one I had to get to fit inside the pilot bearing,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OTC-Pilot-B..._Automotive_Tools&hash=item257540b31b&vxp=mtr

That one is pricey! You can find them much cheaper! I got my OTC puller for $25 shipped brand new.

Parts house wanted $99.95 plus shipping for the exact same tool.:protest:

If it is like mine, the roller bearing presses into the hub of the crank and he may be able to leave the bushing in there.

If it is like mine, the roller bearing presses into the hub of the crank and he may be able to leave the bushing in there.

Maybe so! I don't think it would be a good idea to drive the bushing further back into the crank though. Not sure if there is enough room for both.

Just my opinion.

i have a a few different pilot bearing pullers should not be to bad for me to pull also have a bearing puller used on Harley transmissions that i think will work perfect

Used my blind bearing puller came right out with no problems

Attachments

• image.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 651
getting a little further got a big hole to patch were the four speed hump was

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 644
Got the new fluid Dampiner today it is the same thickness in in the hub area but I still have to have a custom pulley made for a second belt went to the machinist and for what I need ordered $200.00 I thought was pretty steep but I need it so got get it made not a lot of options here for custom machine work

getting a little further got a big hole to patch were the four speed hump was

For the record, I did not install those floorpans. The P.O. did that. I was shocked that the Por-15 did not stick to them. I bet they did not prep the sheetmetal correctly. What did you find under that Por-15????

Well I knew you didn't so I never said anything but they did a horrible job they only tack welded them about every 1.5" around and then used some sort of caulking to seal it up the passenger side is laid in strait but the drivers side is all out of wak but I have another drivers side so I will redo that one and that will also let me fix the hole were the four speed hump was also found one spot of rust that was missed in the seat area that I will have to cut out and replace

Well I knew you didn't so I never said anything but they did a horrible job they only tack welded them about every 1.5" around and then used some sort of caulking to seal it up the passenger side is laid in strait but the drivers side is all out of wak but I have another drivers side so I will redo that one and that will also let me fix the hole were the four speed hump was also found one spot of rust that was missed in the seat area that I will have to cut out and replace

Good you are going through it! Was wondering why the Por-15 didn't stick. I always use stock or AMD pieces as they actually fit!

On another note,
went to the SRT Experience Saturday and had a blast! Me and one of my car club buddies were paired up for the day. We were told several times "That was textbook guys!" Guess they didn't hear us when they asked if we had ever been on a track before :D....

We both felt "BLOCKED" throughout the day. I really wanted to overtake the instructor several times LoL.... They did ask us to back off 3 car links instead of 1.5 a couple times :banghead:

I do like the new SRT Charger and especially the Yellow Jacket Challengers!!! They handled the best of all that was there. The SRT Jeeps scared the piss out of me on the 2.5 mile road course. I just couldn't get used to driving a SUV like we did the cars. I will tell you the Jeeps were badass on the short auto-cross courses! They were even faster than the cars on the straightaways! We were very disappointed that there were no Vipers there!!!! Felt robbed on that instance :protest:

Drove the SRT300 once and was done with those! Those are for OLD FOLKS!!!! We kept jumping in the Chally's and Chargers LoL......

Good stuff!! If you ever get the chance to do it, GO FOR IT!!! We flogged the hell out of those cars :cheers:....

Shame we couldn't drive our own cars! I would have drug everything out there :finga:......

Attachments

• DSC01344_zps2e84db84.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 622
  • yellowjackets.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 631
  • chargers.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 620
worked on installing the the center hump today and finished it up i think using the 2013 challenger hump was one of the best ideas i have had it worked out perfect and i think it looks good to

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 622
  • photo 2.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 624
  • photo 3.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 611
-
Back