Turbo 383 in a A-body Barracuda

-
Wow just read all 41 pages and have to say this car is everything I wish I could do to my car! Awesome build! Ill probably be using a lot of the first half of this build for a reference when I do my car cause I'm on a budget but hopefully one day ill use the second half! I to am born and raised in Montana, so hello from a fellow montanian or how ever you spell it! Im assuming that blown duster is here in Montana? Pretty sure I've seen it before if so! Well definitely gonna keep watching this build! :happy1:

Wow just read all 41 pages and have to say this car is everything I wish I could do to my car! Awesome build! Ill probably be using a lot of the first half of this build for a reference when I do my car cause I'm on a budget but hopefully one day ill use the second half! I to am born and raised in Montana, so hello from a fellow montanian or how ever you spell it! Im assuming that blown duster is here in Montana? Pretty sure I've seen it before if so! Well definitely gonna keep watching this build! :happy1:

the duster is in Corvallis Mt and glad to hear from a native so many trans plants there

LoL!! Dan has they easy part now!

LoL!! Dan has they easy part now!

i dont know about the easy part since i have basically started the build in a complete different direction all the suspension and running gear is now different (except the motor) the electric is being built from scratch the entire interior has been altered also have had to replace a lot of sheet metal due to rust and now im faced with a complete lack of time to work on it and that is really frustrating me :D

i dont know about the easy part since i have basically started the build in a complete different direction all the suspension and running gear is now different (except the motor) the electric is being built from scratch the entire interior has been altered also have had to replace a lot of sheet metal due to rust and now im faced with a complete lack of time to work on it and that is really frustrating me :D

At least its all yours right?! :thumblef:

Been wondering if you fell off the chair?? :)

Just about done with a friends hotrod in my LX car club. Gonna be a wicked ride for sure!! All aluminum Hemi, alky injected.

Attachments

• DSCN2595.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 1,373
  • DSCN2588.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 1,324
  • DSCN2520.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 1,336
I hope he has!

and the motor in that Satellite yet?

Leathermandan has the Cuda project that I started in this build thread.

As for the Satillite, it belongs to a friend in my LX car club. I did all the bodywork and paint on it. The 572" Hemi is in it and running. Waiting on some little parts to finish it up and get it out to the track for test runs. For now I am done with the old stuff! Really into the Modern Mopars now!

Got a shortblock 6.1 saving for the forged bottom end for twin 70mm turbos. One of our members has a late model Chally with twins that set a record at over 200mph on the Texas Mile. That is my goal with my SRT Charger.

He didn't make this years Texas Mile due to finding a trans that will hold up to the power his little Hemi is making with the twins! Here is his record run last October,

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlELJMOCVyw"]Hemisam's 205.7MPH Modern Mopar World Record..Texas Mile Oct 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

If anyone cares, here is the Satillite with the engine installed. Also did all the vinyl work too. His Dad and Uncle built the car back in the early 80's so he wanted it to look as close as possible to the way they had it. Sentimental memories!! Suppose to do test hits Sunday!!

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 1,184
  • photo 2.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 1,163
Damn! You must be making bank!!!! More cash for the Cuda???? LoL!

BTW, I got new shoes for the SRT, also finally broke into the 12's in the 1/4!

Attachments

• rc12.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 1,053
  • rc5.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 1,031
Very impressive for a stock 383!!

The engine I built in this car is actually a .060 over 400 with a custom grind cam. We expected 800+ hp at ten pounds boost. Who knows with more boost??

sorry guys but been having issues with my other cars and with winter being a bummer have not been able to get back to work on it but its worming up now so i will be starting to work on it again

well i finally got a chance to do some work on the cuda today took and finally got all the tar scraped out from under the rear fenders and frame rails then took and wire wheeled it clean so now i can start get it mini tubed with out burning up all that tar when i weld it back up

Sorry got a huge delay in my life my oldest son commited suicide trying to deal with it along with my grieving family but I promise that when I get done with all of this crap that's going on I will be finishing this car

-
Back