Turbo 383 in a A-body Barracuda

-
Thanks! One piece of that should do my bumpa just fine!
Yes sir! Real easy to do. Just have a heat gun or a good hair dryer handy and a smooth surface. It will show every defect! I use the wrap now rather than the paint.

Sorry for the threadjack Dan!

From the looks of it, you will still be able to mount the intercooler in the original spot I had it right? If I remember correctly there was about the same 3/4" gap between the radiator and the intercooler.

Good work! Get busy! Looks like another winter storm headed your way :(

yes the intercooler should still work in its original spot

got the other side mostly welded in and ran out of gas for the welder have to get some in the morning so got my new fan and shroud assembly and set i on the radiator and did some measuring ended up having to cut 1/4" off the shroud to clear the water pump then had to clock the one fan 180 to clear its bracket then i set it in the car fits perfect have good clearance all the way around what a relief that was

Attachments

• photo 3.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 609
  • photo 1.JPG
    135.5 KB · Views: 601
  • photo 2.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 599
pics of each pulley

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 585
  • photo 2.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 570
  • photo 3.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 591
There ya go! If my twin 11" setup can't keep up this year, that setup is next for fans.

Love builds like this. Awesome job!!! Love seeing the craftsmanship. I'm hooked, can't wait to see the big grin on your face when you punch it.

Thought I would share with Dan. Had some fun this morning with my Car Club "Space City LX". We got access to Johnson Space Center for a photo shoot. Was alot of fun and even had our own "STIG" :) Only 50 of our 700 members got to attend.

Attachments

• SpaceCitySRT.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 568
  • dsc4546gd.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 600
Thought I would share with Dan. Had some fun this morning with my Car Club "Space City LX". We got access to Johnson Space Center for a photo shoot. Was alot of fun and even had our own "STIG" :) Only 50 of our 700 members got to attend.

looks like you had a way better day than i did started out going to the welding shop got there and on the way home something came appart in my jeeps tranny still have clutch pedal and still goes through all the gears but absolutely nothing happening in the trans i am hoping the center of the clutch disk came appart cost 200 to get it towed back to my shop then had my wife take me to were my durango was being stored and the battery was completely dead took an hour with jumper cables to get enough juice for her to start and its a new optima battery maybe 8 months old and i have a dead man switch on it so there is nothing that could of drained it :banghead:

any way when i finally got home i finished welding up the radiator suport and built the fan shroud mounts so thats ready to drop in for keeps now

Yep, good times with the SRT! Next Saturday is the "SRT Experience". Thats gonna be the real fun!!!

Sounds like the input shaft broke on the Jeep. The cold kills batteries! I thought you had the Durango up for sale? At least you got it up and running again.

Glad to hear your rolling on the Cuda. Can't wait to see it back on the ground and ripping up asphalt :)

Sounds like the input shaft broke on the Jeep. The cold kills OPTIMAS! I thought you had the Durango up for sale? At least you got it up and running again.

Glad to hear your rolling on the Cuda. Can't wait to see it back on the ground and ripping up asphalt :)[/QUOTE]

There fixed it.

Sounds like the input shaft broke on the Jeep. The cold kills OPTIMAS! I thought you had the Durango up for sale? At least you got it up and running again.

Glad to hear your rolling on the Cuda. Can't wait to see it back on the ground and ripping up asphalt :)

There fixed it.

LoL! I have Optima's in all my vehicles without fail. It doesn't get that cold here. I have one thats 8 years old and still starts my ride.

i thought it was the impute shaft at first but when it went out i was able to limp for a while in 4th gear but then i took it out of gear i lost everything so either the center hub on the clutch disk came apart or it is the input shaft but i wont know for a while want to keep working on the Cuda thats why i went and got the Durango so i would have something to drive while the jeep sits there and yes the Durango is for sale and everyone really likes it because there is not any that i have ever seen that are built like this one i had to custom build the suspension in it no one builds a lift kit for them but no one has come up with the cash and i really have not tried real hard to sell it

Attachments

• photo 2.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 517
  • photo 1.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 542
Badass Dan! I have an 08 Dakota I am in the process of gathering parts for a Dana 44 front swap, heres a pic of the axle. I like to get my Dukes of Hazzard on in my trucks.....

Attachments

• 860248_4371224359252_200612685_o.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 551
  • IMG_3605.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 548
Not my cup of tea but it looks good! I was thinking you had a slammed R/T Durango or something along those lines :) . I like'm low and fast. I have only had 3 trucks and got rid of them soon after. I'm a car dude ;)

Nice Durango! That would sell quick here in California!
& 72 your a NUT in that truck! having fun with what you enjoy is what it is all about! :burnout:

Not my cup of tea but it looks good! I was thinking you had a slammed R/T Durango or something along those lines :) . I like'm low and fast. I have only had 3 trucks and got rid of them soon after. I'm a car dude ;)
Its scary that my truck is really close to weighing as much as a stock A-body

well been steadily working on the little brackets that hold all my goodies: intercooler, power steering tank, over flow tank, and all the sheet metal that is attached to the front

I have probably had the front fenders and grill off 30 times to get everything to work the hard part was building a new way to support the bottom of the grill fram since it was cut out to make room for the intercooler

Attachments

• photo 3.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 501
  • photo 2.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 481
  • photo 1.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 535
more pics

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 510
  • photo 2.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 521
  • photo 3.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 510
power steering tank for got to take one of the over flow tank mounted

Attachments

• photo 4.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 495
Badass Dan! I have an 08 Dakota I am in the process of gathering parts for a Dana 44 front swap, heres a pic of the axle. I like to get my Dukes of Hazzard on in my trucks.....

nice setup on that 44 will have to take a pick of my truck for you its an 05 Ram 2500 cummins diesel running 38 inch tires and all custom suspension also

i have never had any trucks that were two wheel drive always 4x4 s ( born and raised in Montana were you have to have a 4x4 ) but the little 70 d100 is the first 2 wheel drive i ever had and it will be lowered but not looking to make it a speedster

-
Back