Turbo 383 in a A-body Barracuda

-
I really don't see that happening with a turbo car as they don't launch as hard as a N/A setup.

At what power level are they stripping the splines? That is some serious torque on those spines to do that.

They actually only have a Allen set screw that locks in a groove so the arm can not slide off the splines.

At what power level are they stripping the splines? That is some serious torque on those spines to do that.

They actually only have a Allen set screw that locks in a groove so the arm can not slide off the splines.

I personally have never seen that happen and I spent ALOT of time at the track! The main purpose of the anti-rollbar is to stop right rear squat at launch and keep the car flat and straight. I can't see there being that much force but then again, anything can happen in drag racing lol..

HOTMOPR's car needs one of those bad!! At least when it was N/A and spraying from what I seen in his avatar.:D His **** looked like it was about to flip over sideways:cheers:.

well got email today that the anti roll bar is not available any more wish pisses me off because i called before i ordered it and they told me they had one in stock any way got anther one coming

On the subject of stripping those arms you would have to have a lot of opposing force to do that i just can't see that happening on a strait axle maybe independent rear could do that but theres not many of them out there

Mine is just like the quarter max kit that's there on eBay. Same one my buddies are running. Made a huge difference on my car.

well after a couple of days of looking at different ways to mount the anti roll bar i've decided to reverse mount it on the housing itself that way i can keep the stock gas tank and put the end links directly on the frame similar to this picture

Attachments

• 5806-A10.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 706
well after a couple of days of looking at different ways to mount the anti roll bar i've decided to reverse mount it on the housing itself that way i can keep the stock gas tank and put the end links directly on the frame similar to this picture

Who makes that one? Part number/link? Nice find for your application!

well i know this is not even close to the consoles that were originally put in barracudas but it will work good for what i'm doing i'm going to match the peak dash i'm getting with an aluminum plate insert and were the tack hole is i'm going to mount all my control switches and mount the shift boot were the auto shift plate is found a charger rear chrome console plate that i will mount on the end to finish it up

Attachments

• 528d_12.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 663
  • 321043725478.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 859
that wasn't a very good pic heres a better one

Attachments

• $(KGrHqR,!nwFB(kY25gwBQmGL0dN0!~~60_12.JPG
    22.6 KB · Views: 667
just got my new gauges there damn nice

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 632
The guages are nice! Console too! But with all that power at your feet you might not be able to see the tach down that low lol....

Thought I would share some new mods on the Charger! Still waiting on the white 4 ring halo's and red Terminator leds. I didn't get the halos for the fogs, thought that would be too fussy. But got the projector/puddle lights installed. Also painted the top and sides of the taillights body color.

Attachments

• 1Terminator.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 654
  • DSCN2313.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 627
The guages are nice! Console too! But with all that power at your feet you might not be able to see the tach down that low lol....

Thought I would share some new mods on the Charger! Still waiting on the white 4 ring halo's and red Terminator leds. I didn't get the halos for the fogs, thought that would be too fussy. But got the projector/puddle lights installed. Also painted the top and sides of the taillights body color.

You will have to post a pic of the tail lights I was always going to paint them also

You will have to post a pic of the tail lights I was always going to paint them also

I didn't like the whole red thing, for some reason it reminded me of a Intrepid lol...You can see them in these pics at Lone Star Mopar Fest 2012. Much nicer i.m.o...

Attachments

• on the line1.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 636
  • srtdragn392chally.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 644
that does look nice see if you can find a set of 2010 tail lights they have cast in circles on each tail light then mount new reverse lights in the bumper next to the license plat that way it will look similar to a 68 charger setup when your done that what i was always thinking to do

that does look nice see if you can find a set of 2010 tail lights they have cast in circles on each tail light then mount new reverse lights in the bumper next to the license plat that way it will look similar to a 68 charger setup when your done that what i was always thinking to do

I like the way mine are now. Later I will get the 4 round red led halo's for the inner housing around the light pockets. Texas just cracked down on smoked and aftermarket taillights. Safety Standards are the issue. The OEM taillights cannot be altered. Hope mine won't be an issue with the sides and around the top being painted silver. I rolled the front windows down when I got its Texas "Green Card" and had it inspected. No spec. sticker under the tint and probably 50% too dark:D... I keep them half down so the popo can see the "DWB" behind the wheel:glasses7:..

got my anti roll bar today and sent it back i just did not like it so i went an ordered one of the ones they use on the nascar's a little more fab work involved but i'm sure it will be a lot more stable, comes with arms that are pre splined and are 2" tall by 1" wide and 18" long you cut them to length and shape you want the torsion bar has 1 1/8 splined ends also ordered true block bearings just have to custom build the axle mounts for them

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    8 KB · Views: 572
  • Unknown.jpeg
    7.7 KB · Views: 569
Just got email notice my new T56 magnum transmission was sent out today be here Thursday :glasses7:

Attachments

• m5lp_1003_12_o+1988_mustang_t_top_lx+tremec_t56_magnum.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 549
I hate to ***, but how much did you pay for that? T56s are my favorite manual tyranny.

well it was not cheap to do this swap the trans itself was $2800 setup for 900 ft lbs of torque the hydraulic clutch set up bell housing duel disk clutch assembly billet fly wheel hydraulic throw out bearing poly trans mount new driveline and a new shifter cost another $3700

-
Back