turbo build/ mild restore

-
For both bumpers and front frame on the vent window, and the panels on the kick panel cost me $120 in the extreme chrome color, if I just did black would have been cheaper.
That's a good price, I'm going to call around tomorrow for some pricing. I wouldn't mine doing my bumpers and trim for the windows

Yea can look at my build thread and see the bumpers, they were even more like chrome but had to put a clear coat on it. Still turned out great, plus adds better protection compared to chrome, plus way way cheaper.

Yea can look at my build thread and see the bumpers, they were even more like chrome but had to put a clear coat on it. Still turned out great, plus adds better protection compared to chrome, plus way way cheaper.
post the build thread link, cant seem to find it

It's three down form this one not sure if the pictures are there. 67 dart twin turbo

20150731_115600.jpg

20150731_103731.jpg

Got my oil supply line and return line done. And got my wheel and tires. Foose legends with Dunlop direzza rubber.
IMG_20160426_165937906_zps6zxdmabg.jpg

my next task while I wait for parts to show up is hiding wires and degreasing this pig

I'm pulling the engine to do a freshen up on it. New bearings,APR head bolts. What head gasket would you guys/gals recommend for a turbo application.

I'd personally go with a multi layer cometic, that's what I'm going with when put mine engine together. And I'd go with studs on heads and mains just for added insurance, will handle boost better.

I used the better fel pro head gasket with arp bolts and used arp rod bolts as well. I've read a guy running 16 lbs to a 360 with fel pro gasket and stock bolts, apparently it's all in the tune and how straight the deck and heads are, better gaskets wouldn't hurt tho.

Thanks for the replys, what thickness would you recommend

Well that really all depends upon what compression ratio you're trying to achieve and if you're going for a tight quench or not or gain clearances like piston to valve. I used the standard .039

I'm probably going to wait a little bit to pull the engine, I want to order forged pistons, and rods eventually. So I'm going to wait until I get those. For now I'm just painting a few items in the engine bay. Got the intake painted and the turbo repainted and now I'm working on the valve covers. Cant miss the turbo now.

Wow nope can't miss that turbo. Looks good, was going to do the same to my turbos housings just in plum crazy purple

It finally showed up today, the rack and pinion conversion. Now I can get that huge power steering box out of the way. I bet plumb crazy on there would look cool. I'm trying to think of something to airbrush on the turbo to tame it down some, cant seem to come up with anything though.

Yeah that will give you more space and lighter. That is a tough one, if you have a name for your car can put that on there or just on the manufacturer name make it black to stand out a bit, kinda how turbonetics does there name in red on the black housing

Thinking of doing scamp but like its getting sucked threw the turbo kinda hard to explain.

Ok so got all the old steering components off, and this isn't a conversion kit like it says. There is no place to mount this so I have some fab work to do. It never ends!!!!!

You thinking Scamp across the top and elongate the letters going inward? That's a bummer it's not a straight forward cross over, like always just needs some tweaking

You thinking Scamp across the top and elongate the letters going inward? That's a bummer it's not a straight forward cross over, like always just needs some tweaking
Yeah kinda like the words are slowly being sucked into the turbo

Or the bottoms of the letters breaking apart and going in, like the name is being tore to pieces

-
Back