Turbo Scamp

-
Mike, it is looking good! This has to be one of the most cautious installations I have ever witnessed. I have never seen so much blue tape, fender covers, hefty bags, cardboard, etc, in any one compartment. ;)

Hahaha. Yeah, better safe than sorry.

Sunday was Easter, and Yesterday felt like Christmas! Just received my Tial wastegate and blow-off valve. The wastegate is the V60 model, which comes with v-bands. Check them out...

Wastegate and BOV 001.jpg

Wastegate and BOV 002.JPG

Wastegate and BOV 003.JPG

Hahaha. Yeah, better safe than sorry.

Sunday was Easter, and Yesterday felt like Christmas! Just received my Tial wastegate and blow-off valve. The wastegate is the V60 model, which comes with v-bands. Check them out...

Damn nice, but holy OUCH to the pocket book. :thumblef:

not for the faint of pocketbook!!!!!!!! but oooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhh, dats nice!

Very cool! I'm lookin' at em too. Very nice. They not only get rid of the protruding hood pins.....they look bitchin' and they come in a lockable version. The Flush mount is the way to go. i may use them even though I still have a conventional hood latch. I drilled a hole in the hood latch so i can lock my hood...but I have to reach up from below with my key to open my lock. With these it's very easy and looks trick as hell!

a68postcar...I thought they would have cost MORE! LOL

I drilled a hole in the hood latch so i can lock my hood...but I have to reach up from below with my key to open my lock. With these it's very easy and looks trick as hell!

Why don't you install a hood lock from a mid-'70's A-body? That way you have the hood release inside the cabin like any modern car. I bought one last year at a swap meet and installed it, but had to take it back out to make room for the intercooler. That's the only reason I'm going to locking hood pins.

not for the faint of pocketbook!!!!!!!! but oooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhh, dats nice!

Yeah, this whole car is turning out to be a LOOOOng way from the $1,500 beater I originally envisioned. Still, I'd pay $40,000 for a nice, new car with little personality and one nut. When done, this thing will be cool to look at, and have the biggest balls you've ever seen for a street car. It will be reliable, comfortable, and sexy as hell. What more could you want in a car (or a woman for that matter!)?

Why don't you install a hood lock from a mid-'70's A-body? That way you have the hood release inside the cabin like any modern car. I bought one last year at a swap meet and installed it, but had to take it back out to make room for the intercooler. That's the only reason I'm going to locking hood pins.

I might do that but it does not prevent someone who breaks into the car from getting under the hood to swipe my $600 carb! LOL

I am also goin turbo, so it will remain to be seen how the hood latch works out. I like to be able to lock it....that flush mount set-up is sweet and I won't have to lay on the ground to unlock it. With the inter-cooler mounted up front, I prob won't be able to use my pad lock method anymore even if the latch stays intact.

Here's a look at one of the AN fittings for the fuel line. I like these much better than the typical blue/red fittings. Other than hard line where necessary, I'll be using braided, black nylon line. It's stronger and much easier to work with than braided steel.

IMG_1125.JPG

Gofish this car is making me want to do some custom metal work and spend some money..... LOL I cant wait to see some more pics... :D This car is going to be awesome!!

Yeah, I like the fittings and the nylon jacketed hose is lighter and does not chafe into everything it rubs on.
I will be running everything in black and I found a killer air to water intercooler setup. The water to air intercooler is only 16"x12.5"x4.5" and will flow and cool 1500 cfm!
http://www.frozenboost.com/product_...d=205&osCsid=fa443bea4ea711d3511246233c636564

Combine that with the tank, pump and a small cooler to mount up front and I should be able to, using ice in the tank and bypassing the mini-rad, cool the charge below my typical 90 plus degree ambient temp.:study:

Here's a look at one of the AN fittings for the fuel line. I like these much better than the typical blue/red fittings. Other than hard line where necessary, I'll be using braided, black nylon line. It's stronger and much easier to work with than braided steel.

Mike, you read my mind. I have had my polished ANs and black nylon hosing for a little while now and just haven't gotten that far on the project yet. It is going to look sweet. Keep us updated.

TurboScamp has headers!!!

Well, not yet, but having the materials is the all-important first step. The smaller pipes are 1 3/4" 304 stainless for the exhaust. The larger tubes are 2 3/4" 6061 stainless for the intercooler inlet/outlet plumbing. Just waiting on collector measurements from the fabricator and then it's time to start welding.

Turbo and IC materials.jpg

TurboScamp has headers!!!

Well, not yet, but having the materials is the all-important first step. The smaller pipes are 1 3/4" 304 stainless for the exhaust. The larger tubes are 2 3/4" 6061 stainless for the intercooler inlet/outlet plumbing. Just waiting on collector measurements from the fabricator and then it's time to start welding.
"GO", Did you perhaps mean, "6061 aluminum" ?They look alum. Smaller tubes appear stainless. Who is welding ? Good Luck, Ateam.

Hey, looking VERY awesome. Cant wait to see more updates and the eventual crankup and Maiden Voyage!!

Okay, got some pic updates. Finally got the merge collectors in, so we're starting to mock up the plumbing. Despite moving the battery to the trunk and going to manual steering and brakes, the engine bay starts to look awfully small when you begin to lay pipe, so to speak. Don't give me a hard time about the GM alternator. It was the only 140 amp one I could find without paying over $200.

Attachments

• Drivers Side.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 813
  • Tight Fit.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 795
  • Burns Double slip.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 793
  • Collectors Out.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 831
  • Collectors In.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 790
  • collectors & Vbands.jpg