Turbo six cylinder in a Satellite

-
One more thing(I keep saying that LOL)
I think your turbo outlet is like 2 1/2 outlet and that 351 is aaaah Bigger. You will have to do some exh work. and the compressor outlet is bigger also, so you will need to get a reducer boot. to attach to your over pipe to the intake.

I think your turbo outlet is like 2 1/2 outlet and that 351 is aaaah Bigger. You will have to do some exh work. and the compressor outlet is bigger also, so you will need to get a reducer boot. to attach to your over pipe to the intake.
thanks
that was also discussed today
gonna build a 3" cold side
think Brad said the exhaust was 4"

Sourced a few more parts

Built a new air horn and flange
old> 1.700"
New > 3.00"

SAM_3785_zps7qc4fgfw.jpg

Hope to have Twice as much fun > 351 turbo VS stock

SAM_3771_zpsnrzrsdmu.jpg

laid out a plan
3" cold side
4" exhaust

SAM_3777_zpsamelgsko.jpg

You won't regret it!!!
you need to remove that switch and install a plug.

Ok so that sw is normally open to the waste gate and close when powered........Kinda answered my own question. If the sw failed you want i to fail in the open position aka allow wastegate to work. Then closed where it would over speed turbo and go boom.

You are doing just fine with what you are doing but here is a little mental note. The larger and the longer the intake pipe is, the longer it will take, or the more lage there will be in the boost. Don't worry that turbo will make up all of that.
can't wait for the next video.:steering::D

Ok so that sw is normally open to the waste gate and close when powered........Kinda answered my own question. If the sw failed you want i to fail in the open position aka allow wastegate to work. Then closed where it would over speed turbo and go boom.

You are doing just fine with what you are doing but here is a little mental note. The larger and the longer the intake pipe is, the longer it will take, or the more lage there will be in the boost. Don't worry that turbo will make up all of that.
can't wait for the next video.:steering::D

Thanks for the advice and ideas

I'm just an old drag racer > new to diesels...
I did shorten the intake > less weight
my thinking was larger intake > more flow
pre stage under boost, should reduce lag ?????

SAM_3786_zpsj7lbzxvc.jpg

SAM_3787_zpsrfanm1he.jpg

It may be awhile for next video,
Must change valve springs >due to more boost
hate to float the valves, ruin my project

tracks are closing soon> 3 more weeks
good excuse for me to go south...lol
I really like the Bradenton, Florida track

No your thinking is right on track. For drag racing you have the set up. The newer models have and intercooler. great for temp control but useless in a drag race. when you get to the high egts, then you go with the methanal and water spray(windshield water) that will keep it cool go down the track.....and give it a little bit more Kick.
Carry on, it looks great.
I had heaver exh spring because i had an exh brake. never changed out my intake spring because of boost. You have a little bit more efficient turbo on there then i did.

No your thinking is right on track. For drag racing you have the set up. The newer models have and intercooler. great for temp control but useless in a drag race. when you get to the high egts, then you go with the methanal and water spray(windshield water) that will keep it cool go down the track.....and give it a little bit more Kick.
Carry on, it looks great.
I had heaver exh spring because i had an exh brake. never changed out my intake spring because of boost. You have a little bit more efficient turbo on there then i did.

using what I got

What about E-85 / windshield fluid < injected as like with a nos solenoid ?????

NO
It has to be injected in a vary vary fine spray so it vaporised instantly(cooling prosses) and the meth help cool as well as give a kick. Gas would be a no no in my book. fuel would ignite before tdc, WAY BEFoRE causing a bent rod if your lucky. Get to know those good old boys and they can teach you a lot.

That turbo will be all that you need. for now!

NO
It has to be injected in a vary vary fine spray so it vaporised instantly(cooling prosses) and the meth help cool as well as give a kick. Gas would be a no no in my book. fuel would ignite before tdc, WAY BEFoRE causing a bent rod if your lucky. Get to know those good old boys and they can teach you a lot.

That turbo will be all that you need. for now!

Was just thinking out side the air "Box" ( while seeing where to open it up)> more flow
E-85 evaps @ 180* > keep engine @ 190* +....
gas engines start ignition BTDC

SAM_3800_zps5u1yoqot.jpg

Windshield fluid is like 90% water 10% methanal.
I think E85, you might be asking for a runaway eng..........
The water/meth is injected at the intake manifold(at the head). Most heat less change of puddling.
entering it at the air filter leave a lot of placed for it to puddle. if the compressor wheel struck the housing causing a spark, could make a boom.
Like i said before, click on that line i have, become a member and ask. I bet there has been someone that has tried it, and what the results were.
Post up and see what the first gen "veterans" have to say about it! Tell them Flash sent you. Is been many years now, but i bet they still remember me.

You got to remember it's not a spark that decides when to fire, its injector timing. High compression = heat and pressure when the fuel is injected it will ignite. the gas(E-85) will be there when the intake valve open. And could pre ignite before the piston is high enough and try to push the piston back down before it get to the top.

Windshield fluid is like 90% water 10% methanal.
I think E85, you might be asking for a runaway eng..........
The water/meth is injected at the intake manifold(at the head). Most heat less change of puddling.
entering it at the air filter leave a lot of placed for it to puddle. if the compressor wheel struck the housing causing a spark, could make a boom.
Like i said before, click on that line i have, become a member and ask. I bet there has been someone that has tried it, and what the results were.
Post up and see what the first gen "veterans" have to say about it! Tell them Flash sent you. Is been many years now, but i bet they still remember me.

Yes, good people over there
I have been a member there since 2011
I like it here More...lol
1stGen.org • View topic - Want to do some Drag Racing

got the springs installed today.(145 lbs on seat)
of course the rear cylinder was most fun
had to drill a access hole for the head bolt to remove the rocker stand.
and a mirror to be sure the keepers were installed properly
next is to re-install the turbo
Find a track to test

SAM_3830_zpsadqhgvym.jpg

cool! a body plug and she is good as new.
can't what for the track results.:steering:

cool! a body plug and she is good as new.
can't what for the track results.:steering:

YEP, I'm addicted....
25 + pounds of boost!!!!!
boost needle moves like a tachometer!!!!
spin tires at will.
Thought I was ready for the track.

Nope, gotta swap the 8 3/4 for the Dana
while it's still in one piece..

Hope to go Tuesday for an ET report

LOL, I want to say run it! but the torque will kill it at 25 psi. Cool! The Sleepy Giant has awaken!:thumbsup:

more boost, much much quicker boosting, raised red line(governor) taller gears to make it spool harder and still have some breath at the end(hopefully). It's going to be a completely different animal!
Excited!, can't wait.
Wish i was closer. would be there rooting you one!:usflag::D

a little up lifting help from a ratchet strap and a few taps on the housing to remove the 4.56..lol
SAM_3844_zps8nk6rqzn.jpg

happy with the 3.73 gear pattern
SAM_3847_zpskzejvbww.jpg

Break time > for me, not the car...
will start fresh on the Dana swap tomorrow

more boost, much much quicker boosting, raised red line(governor) taller gears to make it spool harder and still have some breath at the end(hopefully). It's going to be a completely different animal!
Excited!, can't wait.
Wish i was closer. would be there rooting you one!:usflag::D

playing with the calculator
using all of 3800 rpm
25 lbs boost
31" tire x 3.73 gear
1.59 60 ft.
7.23 ET
93.99 MPH

haven't weighed car yet.
plan on it soon
Also see how this converter works against the "new found" boost...

-
Back