Turn-Key Crate Engines

-
I guess I see this different than alot of folks. I think of a crate motor as a new motor. The way that Mopar made them a while back. I know that some people had issues with these and, I know some that did not. But the great thing about a new crate engine is that that engine is new. Not rebuilt... There is alot to be said about that. Why do you think the engine became a core??? There could be a thousand reasons..

It all comes down to what you are looking for. A crate motor will still need to be checked out. As would a remake.

I got my 360/380 from West Oaks chrysler plymouth in Thousand Oaks, Ca.
best price, great service, and they use a shipping agent who looks for the best deal on shipping... a big deal for me.
I bought it because i blew up my 340 and didn't have the resources for a new/used replacement block and full rebuild.
as for the crate motor, I just dumped her in the car and never looked back, so far so good. I've been flogging it for several years now with no problems...just lucky i guess.

Attachments

• sept. 30 2010 2300_1.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 1,524
Indy Cylinder Heads and Muscle Motors 440hp 500 ft lb torque $5600
moz-screenshot-1.png
http://musclemotorsracing.com/

Thanks for the replies. I'm considering a crate engine because it's easy and I don't have the time. Most crate motors come with super warranties. MMG

Most crate motors come with super warranties.

right up until you need to use that warranty. do your home work. i haven't really heard anything good about any crate motor.

Thanks for the replies. I'm considering a crate engine because it's easy and I don't have the time. Most crate motors come with super warranties. MMG

That's true. They do come with good warranties. The reason for that is because they are mass produced to non exacting tolerances and have literally a 4 in 10 failure rate. You will have better luck contracting with a company or machine shop who handles race engines for the local race crowd.....but that's just one little peon's opinion. Whatever you do, good luck. I have a friend of a friend in North Carolina named David Klutz. He is pretty renowned in the area and can help. If you are interested, I can get you his number. I wouldn't trust a crate engine any further than I could throw one.

For me Indy Cylinder Heads is a name you can trust. Also Dave Klutz had treated me very well.

For me Indy Cylinder Heads is a name you can trust.

I've heard just the flip. As a matter of fact, most everybody I spoke with about INDY have said "RUN!" OR "Just throw your money out into the ocean on our next fishing trip, you'll have the smae result with less hassle."

That's true. They do come with good warranties. The reason for that is because they are mass produced to non exacting tolerances and have literally a 4 in 10 failure rate.

Around here at least, the MP create engines have a decent rep. There in alot of cars. A race shop doing the work for you may or maynot be equal in price, but there likely to do it right. If there worth there salt. Not evcery race shop (Or so they say they are) will do right by you ethier. You really have to do some homework and find a goodfella. Somebody willing to stand by there work.

When I blew my 440 I did alot of checking around and I mean ALOT.Ended up going with Pro Max Carbs in Indy.Told them what I wanted they built me a bad A$$ 512 dyno tested it I dropped it in no tuning no nothing

Attachments

• th_070.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 723
You're in FL. There's a very good custom shop in south FL. The owner is Dan Costello: [email protected]
I'm not a fan of crate engines but the link's mopar 408 is about dead nuts on the pricing for the operations and parts listed. I built one earlier this year and it was just about exactly the same money, parts, and result.

-
Back