TURN SIGNALS NOT WORKING

-

Blu 69 Dart

Reaction score
On my 69 dart the right signal works fine as do my 4 ways, brake and driving lights.
The left one, they come on if you do it manually . What would the problem be?? Thanks

On my 69 dart the right signal works fine as do my 4 ways, brake and driving lights.
The left one, they come on if you do it manually . What would the problem be?? Thanks

Do you mean the left only flashes by moving the lever on and off?
If so, the flasher uses the exact same internals for left and right flashing both so it almost has to be a bulb/s or a ground problem not putting the amp load needed on the flasher to make it work.

Try this trick, as it has helped me a lot in the past.
Get a nice long wire and connect it to a good ground like your bumper or body, but make sure it is making good contact.
With your lenses off the left side lights, turn the signal on and use your wire to ground the bulb bases where they go into the sockets.
If they start flashing there is a ground issue, meaning the flasher isn't seeing enough load to trigger the on/off function.

You might do yourself a favor and replace your flasher with an electronic unit, as they don't require a load on them to work.
They are just a basic on/off/on/off electronic controlled switch.
They don't slow down at idle or stop flashing because of one bad bulb.

The turn signal switch has contacts to isolate the brake light function from the turn signal. It basically turns off the brake light on the side that you are activating the turn signal. Usually a problem like you describe is turn signal switch contact related

-
Back