turn signals

-

gary peed

Reaction score
I had to replace my speed o and when i put everything back together my turn signals work fine on the outside but in the dash the left light dont work the right works ok but the left flashes alittle when i have the right turn signal on I didnt have this problem until I fixed the speed o any help or ideas would be great TIA
Gary

Could be a number of things, most hard to work on with the dash back in. Those 50 year old connections on the dash don’t react well to being moved around. The pins swaged into the circuit board could be loose, a ground could be loose, or any number of things. The left flashing a little while the right is on sounds like could be a ground issue.

Those bulbs are in twist sockets. If the socket has been moved, it might not be making good contact. The copper traces on the circuit board corrode over time.
If you can reach up there with your hand and move it around with the turn signals on and somebody watching the light, you might get lucky. Bulb could be bad, but once again, hard to change.

Could be a number of things, most hard to work on with the dash back in. Those 50 year old connections on the dash don’t react well to being moved around. The pins swaged into the circuit board could be loose, a ground could be loose, or any number of things. The left flashing a little while the right is on sounds like could be a ground issue.

Those bulbs are in twist sockets. If the socket has been moved, it might not be making good contact. The copper traces on the circuit board corrode over time.
If you can reach up there with your hand and move it around with the turn signals on and somebody watching the light, you might get lucky. Bulb could be bad, but once again, hard to change.
thanks

"The common" cluster problems "in general"

Poor cluster ground. Add a pigtail to cluster ground points and bolt it to the column support or dash frame

Loose PC board connector pins. Fix, replace, or use a different connector with pigtails soldered to board traces

IVR: Bad IVR, or IVR socket not making contact with board traces. Solder jumper across

Gauge studs not making contact with board. Loosen /tighten nuts several times, replace "fake" nuts with real ones

Light sockets, PC board corroded/ oxidized, scrub clean with pencil erasor etc. Replace or repair bulb sockets, bend / clean spring contacts for good contact with board

The cluster flash indicators are one wire per side, "Y" off usually at column connector for TS switch, and go right up to the cluster PC connector. That then is not likely the problem, but you never know LOL

Read this thread on cluster repair, it's old but very relevant.

Printed circuit pins repair

"The common" cluster problems "in general"

Poor cluster ground. Add a pigtail to cluster ground points and bolt it to the column support or dash frame

Loose PC board connector pins. Fix, replace, or use a different connector with pigtails soldered to board traces

IVR: Bad IVR, or IVR socket not making contact with board traces. Solder jumper across

Gauge studs not making contact with board. Loosen /tighten nuts several times, replace "fake" nuts with real ones

Light sockets, PC board corroded/ oxidized, scrub clean with pencil erasor etc. Replace or repair bulb sockets, bend / clean spring contacts for good contact with board

The cluster flash indicators are one wire per side, "Y" off usually at column connector for TS switch, and go right up to the cluster PC connector. That then is not likely the problem, but you never know LOL

Read this thread on cluster repair, it's old but very relevant.

Printed circuit pins repair
Thanks Mopar guys it was a bad bulb socket ,I had changed the bulb and still didnt work as it should so I replaced the hole socket and im good now. Have a good day

I have new pins and the correct dies to swage them on the pcb. End result is much better than the factory did. I usually solder them for added protection. If you find the pins are your problem hit me up.
Your problem could be the pins or the small black twist lock bulb holder. The tabs like to break off on those bulb holders and the trace under them should be cleaned. Some #000 steel wool cleans them up good and a swipe of dialectric grease will protect it.

Here is an old post where I show how I replaced the pins.
Repairing cluster circuit board... feasible? | Moparts Question and Answer | Moparts Forums

-
Back