Twin Turbo 1971 Scamp Project

-
Looks great! how is the fitment of the FR500s up front?

They look really good so far. These are Bergman Auto Craft spec'd offsets and narrowing though. I will let you know 100% once I get her road ready.
Pete says no worries, and so far he's 100% on everything we sourced from him.

It's a shame that nobody loves this project except for a few of you as it's coming along nicely. UPDATES Our engine is back in after final fit and sealing, Firm Feel gear box mounted and we cut in the engine bay for paint. As I work for Fram we will be using this car in Orange for our promotional events this year. We are sponsors of the Hot Rod Power Tour, Car Craft Summer Nationals and we have to work overtime to get the car done for the events. Please hit us up if you are going to be nearby so we can meet up.

Final Install
orange%20paint%20cut%20in%20%28Small%29.jpg

Concept Rendering
concept%20six%20%28Small%29.jpg

Might have missed it somewhere but what is the deal with the fuel tank?

Might have missed it somewhere but what is the deal with the fuel tank?

Ahhh, well we had this decision to make. We needed room for a heat exchanger under the car and we needed the space between the tire well and axle where the factory tank was. Instead in plopping a fuel cell into the tire well and losing all room after a rear battery, an intercooler chiller box and more we decided that this would work. Tanks Inc. makes a budget EFI tank for Mustangs/Street Rods so we said why not as we had a bit of rot in our otherwise Arizona clean car. At the same time we added to crossmembers in the back and now had room for our Saleen heat exchanger. Plan is to run a filler tube from the quarter panel to the tank. Tank is 16 gallons. http://www.tanksinc.com/index.cfm/p...tegory_id=133/home_id=-1/mode=prod/prd129.htm

I like the conceptual rendering, but I really loved the green grandma car sleeper look.

This is one of my favorite builds on my forum. Don't feel like not a whole lot of people like your build. We have a lot of people who lurk on this forum. My buddy is a Ford guy and he thought this was pretty cool too.

I do like that you are thinking out of the box. And that yo motor is a good platform to make a project around.I would like to see how it feels driving when done.What you final hp out put will be along with your mpg ,and not to mention the grin on your face when done good luck....Arco

I just built a 3.8 supercharged powertrain for a '99 Regal GS...knocks down good enough mileage (20.4-21.2 MPG in mixed driving), very docile, yet can get up and scoot when the foot goes to the floor. I prefer Mopar stuff, but I can definitely see points in "Other" camps.
Let's not forget that Chrysler brought us the 2.2/2.5 L motors which ate headgaskets (unless you knew/had the heads machined, used new bolts and MLS headgasket) and followed that raving success with the Neon twin cam which weeped oil out the headgaskets, and many times then popped the gasket. Same permanent fix as the 2.2-2.5...so, Mopar has screwed folks just like every other manufacturer.

a little off the wall but cool. looks like it will be fun to drive. more pictures.

It's a shame that nobody loves this project except for a few of you as it's coming along nicely.

Keep in mind, a lot people on here are hellbent on keeping the cars original or stick to one brand of powerplant. It seems the mopar community was slow to accept non-mopar engine swaps.

I like the conceptual rendering, but I really loved the green grandma car sleeper look.

I love green, Magnum, it's my favorite color. I work for Fram and I really wanted to build a cool car that I could use for work, events and to share with our coworkers who are designing the cool products, like Fram Ultra and our racing line of filters.

As a life long enthusiast who works for cool brands I wanted to have my car out front and center and I am honored that our VP of Marketing can appreciate my vision on this one!

I just built a 3.8 supercharged powertrain for a '99 Regal GS...knocks down good enough mileage (20.4-21.2 MPG in mixed driving), very docile, yet can get up and scoot when the foot goes to the floor. I prefer Mopar stuff, but I can definitely see points in "Other" camps.
Let's not forget that Chrysler brought us the 2.2/2.5 L motors which ate headgaskets (unless you knew/had the heads machined, used new bolts and MLS headgasket) and followed that raving success with the Neon twin cam which weeped oil out the headgaskets, and many times then popped the gasket. Same permanent fix as the 2.2-2.5...so, Mopar has screwed folks just like every other manufacturer.

I used to own DHP, (Digital Horsepower), the 3800 Series II is one of my babies! I also had a Regal GS with one of Kevin's Cartuning intercooler kits. It made 365 to the front tires and ran a frustrating 12.97 @ 110 on several transaxles.

Keep in mind, a lot people on here are hellbent on keeping the cars original or stick to one brand of powerplant. It seems the mopar community was slow to accept non-mopar engine swaps.

I love that too. My daughter's Sassy Grass Scamp rocks its original Slant 6.

75932_397281440351537_1263228353_n.jpg

Cool project. What is your power goal to the Tires?? HP/Tq and at how much boost?

This year I will be happy with 320-330 RWHP on stockish parts. While the 2JZGTE is known for being able to produce 700 to over 1,000 horsepower in racey turbo trim I think that 450-550 horsepower will be fun enough for a daily driveable car.

I do like that you are thinking out of the box. And that yo motor is a good platform to make a project around.I would like to see how it feels driving when done.What you final hp out put will be along with your mpg ,and not to mention the grin on your face when done good luck....Arco

Arco, we will do detailed engineering testing and I will provide all metrics and specifications when we are done.

-
Back