**Twin Turbo 67 Dart Project**

-
Trans should be here early next week.

I have all parts and pieces to get the wiring set up for the coils etc, just need to get on it and finish it up. Been working on getting rid of the Torsion Bars and doing a Coil Over Conversion lately.

Just got the call from the Shipping Company,,, They will be delivering the Trans to my Office between 12 Noon and 4pm Tomorrow. Good thing I didn't have to meet them because I just don't have the time to drive a couple hours to their Hub. yeee haaa

Thanks to you and a few others around the web, I bought a GT45 turbo from ebay! $260 delivered!:cheers:

Yes, I think the same thing. It is bleeding off the fuel before it gets to the injectors.

You're right on this. The timing is key.
With the regulator between the fuel rail and the pump it can't react quick enough. It's getting conflicting pressure signals from both the pump and the injectors.
With it on the far side of the fuel rail it can keep it steady.

Put the trans on one of my stands. I will be prepping it for install, adding AN Fittings for the cooler lines and changing the Pan to an Aluminum one along with a new flexible style Dip stick tube set up. Don't know when but that is the plan.

Mad Dart,
Hopefully sooner than later. Need to get this thing finished!!! Looking great!
~Michael

Mad Dart has everyone waiting on pins and needles to see this thing make a pull.. Great build... Probably the most detail on the site!!! I cant wait to see a video of this thing in the car making a pass

Mad Dart has everyone waiting on pins and needles to see this thing make a pull.. Great build... Probably the most detail on the site!!! I cant wait to see a video of this thing in the car making a pass

I may skip the engine dyno and just go straight to the chassis dyno. I know it doesn't leak any air, water or fuel and it is solid. Just needs to be tweeked & tuned correctly as of now. This will save me some $$ and a whole bunch of time doing it like that. We will see.

Goal is to detail the under carraige paint the engine bay, trunk, jambs etc and then do the Interior. Install the driveline take it to the dyno and then paint the rest??

I may skip the engine dyno and just go straight to the chassis dyno. I know it doesn't leak any air, water or fuel and it is solid. Just needs to be tweeked & tuned correctly as of now. This will save me some $$ and a whole bunch of time doing it like that. We will see.

Goal is to detail the under carraige paint the engine bay, trunk, jambs etc and then do the Interior. Install the driveline take it to the dyno and then paint the rest??

That might be a good idea since it was already run and broke in on the dyno once and you know it doesn't have any leaks. Now get the car off to paint!

Just purchased a Lokar Locking Firewall Mount dip stick. I was going to go with the transmission "bell housing" mount version but I think the dipstick is too short to get around the Flex Plate Shield that bolts to the outside of the bell housing.

So as of now all the parts, sensors & fittings are all taken care of for the transmission. The only thing left is to order up the Converter......$$

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/LOK-1211444/

Hey Mad Dart, chris the fuel guy here, been following you for while now, love what you're doing with it, by the way J.P. over @ merit say HI! Just a thought if you need fuel for it let me know, I might be able to help. Keep up the good work, Thanks chris :burnout::burnout::burnout:

I got the Aluminum pan today so I installed it along with the Locking Lokar dip stick.
When installing the pan I felt it hitting something so I ended up having to clearance the inside of the pan for the Valve Body. The bolts would not line up either. All is good now.

There is a built in boss where the pan can be drilled & tapped for a Temp Sensor for a gauge or to connect to an ECU etc.

View attachment phpvThZVcPM.jpg

View attachment phpiGzdtzPM.jpg

View attachment phpp9Q5OHPM.jpg

View attachment php0ODQYMPM.jpg

View attachment phpIh0bxnPM.jpg

View attachment phpJIJ1HxPM.jpg

View attachment phpQpBTugPM.jpg

What converter are you looking at? High hp turbo converters are not cheap. It sucks when you gotta spend almost as much on a converter as you do a trans. That's why I have not done it yet lol

-
Back