**Twin Turbo 67 Dart Project**

-
Did they turn out really black like turbocudas or kinda grayish? I'm not a fan of the wrap but I think there is no other way around it.

The engine has been ran and my wrap is already burned in, the color you see is the finished product. I did not paint it. You can buy it already Black on ebay. It took 3 50' Rolls and I have a little extra left over.

Louis,Im liking this Walbro pump a whole bunch! ESPECIALLY the QUIET feature. Man I've heard enough noisy holley fuel pumps to know I dont want one.

Im soo intrigued by this fuel pump I logged into ebay and saved the pump in my wish list! It will meet my needs,possibly with only 1 pump! Plus it's reasonably priced,so thanks a lot!

I wrapped the filter in some Silicone Rubber & Shortened the 8an lines that come off the front rails and go to the T. Now no part of the fuel line assembly touches the lower part of the intake at all. It is basically suspended in thin air below the intake runners. The Meth Injection Braided line fits right ontop of this filter assembly I will use a couple zip ties to keep it secure.

View attachment php1lsoGEPM.jpg

View attachment php3Fs4xgPM.jpg

Did they turn out really black like turbocudas or kinda grayish? I'm not a fan of the wrap but I think there is no other way around it.

You could aways have it ceramic coated. You can have it done in black if you don't want it silver. That would be an option instead of a wrap

I have a question for you mad dart, are you using a pump foreach of your two separate air to water intercoolers to the heat exchanger?

Just 1 pump circulates the water thru it all.

frozenboost.com. Has all silicone, intercoolers, pumps etc

did you piece a kit together from him or buy his 1200hp kit? I see two different type of pumps he sells; which one did you purchase? How did you figure out your tank volume?

did you piece a kit together from him or buy his 1200hp kit? I see two different type of pumps he sells; which one did you purchase? How did you figure out your tank volume?

I pieced it together, running the Bosch pump. Mine in theory should be good to 1400hp. All I know is the intake charge is ice cold without using the meth.

Nice write up took me a few days to finish up the thread.. lots of changing in direction here... A few questions though:

Why did you decide on going with coil packs verses the dist that you had already mortified? Talking with a few ppl in the know they advised going against the coil packs b/c they said something about picking up signals from motor easily, what are your thoughts on that? So you are using that 36:1 crank wheel, where did you purchase it from? They one in the thread looked like it had black teeth on it? Also did you have to go with the larger cam trigger inside the dizzy or could u have just shaved the 7 teeth of the one that came with that dist?

Nice write up took me a few days to finish up the thread.. lots of changing in direction here... A few questions though:

I only changed direction when I ran into a wall. On this car I refused to put a scoop on it. The Carb & Carb Hat hit the hood, so that is where the changes started and I switched to EFI. There is a huge learning curve here and lots of information I share in detail about why things happened and How to avoid or over come them. There is a bunch of my time in this thread that I poured out so guys who want to attempt the same could do HELLA easier than I did if they have the time, patients and skills to pull it off.
I have the first 3, but I have not pulled it off just yet....... haaaa:banghead:

1) Why did you decide on going with coil packs verses the dist that you had already mortified?

The distributor was modified after the fact. I started with a POS "FAST" Dual Sync Dizzy that did not work. Changed gears and Modified a Mopar Lean Burn Distributor. Reason I modified it was all Dual Sync Distributors have "Low tooth count wheels in them that will not send enough information to the MS3X which will cause a Sporadic Misfire. All this is explained in detail in the thread.

2) Talking with a few ppl in the know they advised going against the coil packs b/c they said something about picking up signals from motor easily, what are your thoughts on that?

If you want Full Sequential you need 8 separate coils, it is WAY superior to running a MSD Box and a Single Coil, especially for BOOSTED Applications. Anytime you run EFI you run the risk of picking up "Noise" or "Signals". Guys do this everyday and it is way more effective with a better end result using "Coil Near Plug" or Separate coils for each Cylinder.
One trick that you can read about is to add 1 Capacitor to each bank of the Coil 12V trigger wire. They are used as a Captive Discharge and Noise Suppressor. If you do some studying on it you will not find anybody that has had problems running the D585 Coils and picking up Noise. So most don't run the Capacitor's from all the research I have done.

Read here on how to install them...
http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=131&t=43490

Here on ignition options, wiring the D585 Coils with Capacitor's etc....
http://www.msextra.com/doc/ms3/ignition.html

Here is a picture of the Noise Stopping Critter....... No these are not my Coils and NO these are not the good D585 Coils Either, this is for Illustration purposes only. Very Simple and Easy Install to Kill the Noise and pack a punch at coil discharge.

View attachment edis_cap_ls2_coil.jpg

3) So you are using that 36:1 crank wheel, where did you purchase it from?

http://trigger-wheels.com/store/contents/en-uk/d5.html

The one I bought came with a Centering hole only and had to be Modified "Machined on a Lathe" and drilled to bolt onto the Damper. Nothing on a build like this seems to just bolt on, everything has to be modified in one way, shape, form or fashion. "One thing leads to another"

4) They one in the thread looked like it had black teeth on it?

Optical Illusion.

5) Also did you have to go with the larger cam trigger inside the dizzy or could u have just shaved the 7 teeth of the one that came with that dist?

We already went over this but..... Here it is again in more Detail..... My MS3X was built for the use of Hall Sensors. The Lean Burn Dizzy has VR Sensors in it, I would have had to take the MS3X apart and MOD it to use the VR Sensor Pickup. Hall sensors are a better way to send a signal on an install like this and in my opinion are superior to a VR Sensor.

I could have shaved 7 teeth off of the Reluctor but Ben & Matt Cramer the Guru's who sell this & work on this stuff everyday at DIYAUTOTUNE.com , suggested against it because the single vein that would be left on the reluctor would be TOO SMALL to trip the sensor. This is why I came up with using the Nascar Reluctor because the Vein is 5 times as wide as the stock reluctor and will trip the sensor easily.

bumpidy bump bump bump. louisssss watcha been doin man. whats the word on that baby. still tinkering?

That is bad ***. Do you go to glamis?

I have been a Dune Junky since I was a kid. No time to go lately. My kids are in college or about ready to go. I have 3. College is expensive my boy cost me 3K per month and that is with a 25K per year scholarship. This is his 3rd year. So save your pennies if you have kids cause the day is coming.

can't wait till I got more time to eyeball this entire thread

GO, BLOW,or POKE A HOLE...this is one wild motor-scooter and look forward to when you're ready to....light this candle

awesome build
Denny

Attachments

• phpk7oYZ6PM.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 920
Worked on mounting the coils today. I laid them out on the valve covers symmetrical so they would miss the breathers. Drilled and tapped the Valve Covers. I really need some 3/8 Aluminum tubing for the spacers. I did make some spacers out of round stock but it just takes way too long to make them, a piece of 3/8 Aluminum Tubing will make quick work of the spacers.

Pictures are in no particular order..

View attachment phpArgwV4AM.jpg

View attachment phpilNRVeAM.jpg

View attachment phpArgwV4AM.jpg

View attachment phpKzLmpZAM.jpg

View attachment phpmxoWLfAM.jpg

View attachment phpckwjr0AM.jpg

View attachment phpd00c9IAM.jpg

View attachment phpNsqPG0AM.jpg

No these are the valve covers here......

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOPAR-Dodge...ies&vxp=mtr&hash=item5ae29a81e6#ht_3724wt_951

I am probably going to have to buy a new set. The flipping tuner when he set his Coils on the Valve Covers after I left the Dyno, scratched the shitttt out of the valve covers pretty deep multiple times all over them and I don't think they will polish out. You know how it goes, if you aren't the one paying for the shittt then WGAF...

-
Back