Two Lane Blacktop

-
The article mentioned the two filming cars. The third car was painted black and was Falfa's car in "American Graffitti ". There was several articles in the mags back in the day about the three cars and the history. There is a short video on youtube, with this car being reunited with sweet baby james a few years ago. Would love to take this car out and run the hell out of it !!!!!

Loved that movie and American Graffiti, very cool cars and back in the late 70's my dad raced a big block 55 chevy called Damnation, it was a friend of his that was wounded in the military and couldn't drive the 4 speed. It only ran mid 11's but was black primered with tilt front like this one and had a funky handmade scoop, wish I had pics! It was a fun car! Oh the memories!!!

Cool thread , Ink. Saw this was restored and getting internet attention ,after Richard Ruth was called in for his input. Still my favorite car movie, and my favorite car, bar none.

Watch this movie and American Graffiti every chance I get.My Cousin had a Blue somewhat similar one with a 396 in it back in the day in Colorado.

Know many of the real ones exists?

Originally three, IIRC. B.D. The two that are left, are the Graffiti car, and the camera car. The one above should be the camera car restored to L88/ M22 specs....

'55 Chevy from the movie Two-Lane Blacktop: [ame]http://youtu.be/eWWVg5_LWwQ[/ame]

I know where there is one a guy I use to street race pop bought 1 .The car is in Midland Texas.I wasn't home but he stopped and showed my friends.It had been altered and his dad put it back to original.

Need to go outside and find my copy of it, seeing this thread floating around still made me want to watch it.

What I gt a kick out of in the movie the slicks were in the trunk. They would hit a town, find action, change the tires, race tune the motor and run the car. Nobody had a real name. 'The Driver', 'The Mechanic', 'The Girl', And 'GTO'. I liked that 55 in the movie but I never got why it had them crude (like early Volkswagon bus) sliding side windows. Funnier was getting caught in the rain and they put them little wipers on the stems. One thing that was a notice to me was in a scene when Dennis Wilson was changing the slicks was the car had disc brakes in the back. Wonder where they got that setup from??

-
Back