Tx. Heat

-

daredevil

Reaction score
Its so hot I cant work on the car. Tried to keep my grass alive and its burnt anyway and i still will have an out of sight water bill. Sorry I laughed at everyone who had rain and months of snow. Have I been condemned to hell on earth as payback. Im ready to take a vacation to get the hell out of here. Wheres a nice cool place to hang out a week this time of year. Post some nice pics that will at least cool off my mind if not my body. Hell its almost too hot to drink beer. Thats how bad it is.

I here you bro !!!!! The bad part about it is I am going to San Antonio on vac. next week ....... In this heat hot coffee sounds refreshing...

Southern Missouri has been HOT and we've been knocking off at work about 1:30 or 2 because of the heat. The air is on in the shop and it is nice in here....OH Black Betty is on....the FM... Vic and i will paint the Duster tomorrow in an air conditioned shop. I can feel the love now. MGD is in the fridg......we're ready to paint.
Small Block

Ventura California...Air temp in the 70's..Water in the 60's !

Come on out and get your surf on !!!!

Hows that ? 8)

Picture 657.jpg

Picture 653.jpg

im feelin ya, that old america tune ventura highway comes to mind.we,ve set records 2 out of last 3 days

Going to Arlington tomorrow to catch a Rangers game ... I just checked the forecast and its only suppose to get up to 104 !!!! Not to bad....

Having lived and surfed the SoCal coast i know where your coming from. All the way from Long beach to Ensinada, Mexico. Ever been to Husongs? Some great memories of that place. Oh and don't forget the spines out of the sea urchins in your feet. Use to live in Surfer City.....Huntington Beach for those that don't know.
Small Block

I guess I can't complain dardevil
But like Small Block said it is Hot here to, but we do have some relief coming Sunday it is suppose to get below 90.:cheers:

Southern Missouri has been HOT and we've been knocking off at work about 1:30 or 2 because of the heat. The air is on in the shop and it is nice in here....OH Black Betty is on....the FM... Vic and i will paint the Duster tomorrow in an air conditioned shop. I can feel the love now. MGD is in the fridg......we're ready to paint.
Small Block
Enjoy Bill and lay that paint down dud :cheers:
I see the triple black he spayed and looks damned good=P~
This will be a walk in the park for the old fart :toothy10:

Here in SE Va. humidity rules and we had a heat index over 100 yesterday. In July and August it gets over 100 on a regular basis. Thankfully it`s not near as hot here as it is in Texas now. I saw an article on the news yesterday about a man that died from heat stroke there when his A/C went out. That is enough to keep you on the couch and in front of a cool vent. Take it easy and stay out the sun, especially from 2-6 and drink WATER like a fish.

You know you could come up here to visit your daughter! We have been cooler than you guys and we have NO humidity! See you laughed and told me that we were moving to hell and now it is hotter there than it is here!

Aaron and I pulled out the front windshield on his Duster project this morning while it was cooler - only about 100 deg. While we were taking care of some minor rust and priming the window channel after lunch it just got hotter, so we had to roll the car into the garage and run some fans to keep it about 95 deg.
It's about 88 deg. now at 12:00 pm.

Phoenix is way too........110

Last week in Ca was 75.....

Venice Beach 005.jpg

I just came in from working on my car here in LaPorte . started at 10:30pm thinking it would be cool enough be man was I wrong. soaked with sweat in no time. at work the heat index was no less then 106 and as high as 114 all last week.

I moved to Fort Worth from south Florida, so I know all about the heat. My son said it best, "Dad it don't get hot in Texas until it hits 105." :LOL:

Had a girl friend that told me to go for a ride on the bike to cool me off when it was 98 out.
I went into the kitchen to get a cold Dew and came up with an answer. A couple of minutes later I called her into the kitchen. When she came in I had her sit in a chair in front of the stove as I had to show her something.
When she sat down, I opened the oven door and sat a fan on it pointing at her. After about 10 seconds of 250 deg. heat blowing on her she got my point.
I don't care how fast the wind is blowing...it is still hot.

-
Back