Unappreciated rock bands...

-
I had not found this when I made post #160.
Apologies. However, I rest my case.
And maybe there is hope for the youth of today.
(Rap)

Published on Feb 21, 2010
Our cover version of this brilliant rocker from a band that is possibly the most underrated of all time, and certainly one of my favourites - The Pretty Things. This really is a great song and it's a shame that the Pretties never got the mainstream attention they deserved; they were every bit as ambitious as The Rolling Stones - quite often more so - and simply a group of very talented musicians.
John Stax's bass riff in this song is up there with the greatest ever recorded, Phil May's raw vocal is absolutely brilliant and the edgy guitar solo is wonderful. I had to pick this whole song out by ear as unfortunately there is no sheet music or guitar tabs available as far as I know, so it was quite a challenge, but an incredibly enjoyable and rewarding one at that.
Sam on bass guitar/vocals, Isaac on guitar (Fender Telecaster)/backing vocals and Sebastian on drums/backing vocals. Please comment if you like our cover!
Thanks, enjoy.

• Category

you got that right! and you made me think of these guys

I have to give one back at this....in reverse.
As Blackmore is recognized as a great guitarist, so is Leslie West.
West is even among his peers.
So I don't know if either fall into the "unappreciated" category.
But, and that's a big butt, Leslie West was not a big sell.
(One hit?)
As Ian Hunter said in his book, no one likes a pot bellied rock star.
It's all about marketing to the masses.
Now, let's see.
Where are my Justin Bieber tickets?

The Poison Dollys an all girl band pretty good.
Original writers of this.

Here comes The Good Rats!

Bar Band Extraordinary.
I had a girl friend that saw them at Richards's back in the day.
They gave her a rubber rat. (That's not a double entendre.)
It was real. I saw the rat.
Yes. Richard's was real too.
Richards

That reminds me of this "unappreciated" band.
I did see them at Richard's. The original line up.
RIP Randy California.
Oh, I don't know. Just pick a song.
The first comments on this one.

gk100020001 year ago
"Just a so under appreciated band. Their range was so wide that they just didn't seem to capture a mass audience that tends to like a band that plays one style. I had the album Best of Spirit and it literally changed my life. I took up guitar lessons because of it."

Oh the irony.
By 1984. It was a Brave New World. (Ha)

Might as well segue to this band since I brought up Spirit.
WRAS used the opening to Roll Over Me as bumper music.

I was just on you tube jammin with;

Jeff Beck. Now this is a guy that can JAMM!

Boz scaggs

By the way, thanks for your help on the you know what.. I can use all I can get.
The Poison Dollys an all girl band pretty good.
Original writers of this.

The Runaways were an American all-female rock band that recorded and performed in the second half of the 1970s. The band released four studio albums and one live set during its run. Among their best-known songs are "Cherry Bomb", "Hollywood", "Queens of Noise" and a cover version of the Velvet Underground’s "Rock & Roll". The Runaways, though never a major success in the United States, became a sensation overseas, especially in Japan, thanks to the hit single "Cherry Bomb".

Yes first let me start out by saying Triumph was the first band I've ever seen and they were great along with Fastway which had their one hit wonder at the time. I think it was the Never Surrender tour sold out probably 1984. Now as far as Ronny James Dio goes I met him backstage one time then he was a little pompous jack wad. Kind of unlike when I met Bill Murray at a golf course I worked at in Florida and he was totally cool and nice then asking me questions. Hands down (for me) the most underrated was "Betty Blowtorch" rest in peace. I feel I would have definitely got my money's worth out of one of her live shows!
Not only have I been to hundreds of concerts that I paid for my first girlfriend After High School worked at Tower Records and she got us tickets and backstage passes almost anything that came to town for years. If you guys want to talk about talent and the best singer out there I would say Luther vandros. I'm no big fan and Lord knows that ain't my kind of music when you have tickets to a free concert and nothing else to do...
Now on to my newest favoritest underrated band and I dedicate this one to Yellow Rose--

ENJOY !!!
ROCK ON FROM THE HILLBILLY...

-
Back