Unappreciated rock bands...

-
humm... seems no one is mentioning the ladies... Heart was great, but I do recall that they were very under appreciated back in the day

Back in the day, when I got a lot of my albums in the mail through Columbia House (You know, buy 7 and get an 8th album of their choice for free),...

Anyways, one month this album was their artist of the month freebie promo... -Turned out to be one of my many favorite albums!

man - Columbia House.... too cool! :thumbsup: that was THE way to get tunes back in the day... I do remember though that there were constant problems with CD's that didn't play correctly.. but you got them so cheap and they were SO hard to get in touch with, that you just ended up throwing the bad ones away - or making them into coasters

man - Columbia House.... too cool! :thumbsup: that was THE way to get tunes back in the day... I do remember though that there were constant problems with CD's that didn't play correctly.. but you got them so cheap and they were SO hard to get in touch with, that you just ended up throwing the bad ones away - or making them into coasters

I don't recall ever getting any bad ones... maybe I was just lucky, or you were not!

Columbia house and I think the other was MCA I got like 14 free and bought 6 then quit and started over till I was over 300 CD`S but never got a bad one that didnt play.

Back in the day, when I got a lot of my albums in the mail through Columbia House (You know, buy 7 and get an 8th album of their choice for free),...

Anyways, one month this album was their artist of the month freebie promo... -Turned out to be one of my many favorite albums!

NOW, your showing your age! I did the same thing with 8 tracks and cassettes.

J-Giles, Boston, April Wine are few old bands from my Unfortunate Yankee days that come to mind.

**** I have probably only bought 10 CDs since Columbia house has been gone. Going deaf has slowed my music buying dramatically also.

Probably never heard of this one.

Eye to Eye with Marty V Ringett, that man could jam a Gibson Les Paul!

The V did not stand for Valium either! "Volume".

Last edited:

LOL!! "Back in the day" & Columbia House meant getting CASSETTES in the mail, not CD's, which didn't even exist for oh....another decade or so!!!LOL!!!

Anthrax.

Gotta love the Al, Peg and the Bundies!!!

Can we get a wow bundy!

Last edited:

LMAO! The sound bite from the movie Blue Velvet, "what's Your name neighbor?". I went w/some friends like over 35mi. to the only theater that would touch that movie when
it came out. A few years back, I was at the RUSH show in Baltimore/DC, they had images from the movie during intermission.......great albeit crazy movie! Nice call w/the
album!!

TOTO!

I think there biggest was "Hold the line".

Wolfmother.
How about "Hawkwind" with pre Motorhead Lemme Kilmister singing on this track (Secret Santa gift from FABO!)

-
Back