uncle tony's garage gets called out by the roadkill guys

-
IMO the Roadkill guys are so much more credible than funcle bony.
As far as reading in the mopar engine book there have been a few discussions about the discrepancies in there also.

IMO the Roadkill guys are so much more credible than funcle bony.
As far as reading in the mopar engine book there have been a few discussions about the discrepancies in there also.

Fair enough, but in MY opinion, no one has shown any "proof" that it doesn't work even in the slightest.

Totally agree about the books, but in MY opinion, they most likely weren't sitting around the lunch table one day saying "Hey! lets really mess with people and say...."...

LOL....

If opinions didn't chang with time and knowledge, the offset piston swap started in the 50s, we would still be driving horse and buggies.

If opinions didn't chang with time and knowledge, the offset piston swap started in the 50s, we would still be driving horse and buggies.

Well, actually we do still have them.... Still irrelevant....

00amish3-videoSixteenByNineJumbo1600.jpg

amish.png

See, this is why I love this site. I appreciate to no end that you are NOT taking what I say as any kind of attack at you and finally someone offers some "common sense" reasoning why it might be a problem with the rings.

However, there is still no proof shown it's harmful or causes problems with ring seal. I can certainly see it as a potential problem, no doubt, but we also need to look at the direction of travel and the direction of the side load during the rotation.

Again, I never said it was better than a centered pin, ever. What I DID say, was that in a vacuum, with no "better" pistons available, how can it hurt? And from a common sense point of view, ANY reduction in side load, should result in allow more "available" power to be realized.

Your response with regard to ring seal is the "closest" anyone here on all of these fricking bash session threads, has come to something that actually is believable from a "common sense" approach.

So, again, I'll say thanks for actually keeping your cool and coming up with a logical possibility. Do I believe it? Dunno, above my pay grade.
you keep saying, "what could it hurt?" I believe it was stated earlier that the MOPAR racing manual, warned it would cause extra wear to the cylinder and piston.
I think our former president, Dump, was wont to say, "what have you got to lose" when he was talking about unproven, not recommended Internet promoted treatments for covid.

you keep saying, "what could it hurt?" I believe it was stated earlier that the MOPAR racing manual, warned it would cause extra wear to the cylinder and piston.
I think our former president, Dump, was wont to say, "what have you got to lose" when he was talking about unproven, not recommended Internet promoted treatments for covid.

Way to stay on topic oh triggered one... smh

Also, if you're trying to get more power out of your engine by doing something like this, you probably don't give a crap about the additional wear

Old wives tales. Flip the breather lid over and let the carb such more air!!! More HP? Maybe. Sounds cool? Yes! lol
Poor ole Uncle Tony. FABO's kickdog. Ha BUt I bet some of his"stuff" adds to his viewer list maybe!? Dunno.
He can't be totally stupid, he left what? NY or SOMEWHERE up there and moved South!! lol

Old wives tales. Flip the breather lid over and let the carb such more air!!! More HP? Maybe. Sounds cool? Yes! lol
Poor ole Uncle Tony. FABO's kickdog. Ha BUt I bet some of his"stuff" adds to his viewer list maybe!? Dunno.
He can't be totally stupid, he left what? NY or SOMEWHERE up there and moved South!! lol
I'm noticing an unbelievable amount of proof in your post. Awesome

That's a fair statement. I guess we should not believe the mopar or ford people. Ok...

Bottom line, is there are a ton or people saying he's wrong. If you don't believe it, and are gonna talk ****, and claim otherwise, then you have the burden of proof to provide.

That's not what happens around here though....
What I have said repeatedly is it is a complete waste of time, and I have also said a hundred times there is more horsepower in a straight and round cylinder than any of this pin offset nonsense. The UTG fanbase seems to get "triggered" if you disagree with him. He is not a engine builder, he is a video maker.....keep in mind, with all of his expertise and "tricks" he has a full gutted race car that traps in the 70 mph zone in the 1/8th mile. It's all gimmicks for the fanboys

What I have said repeatedly is it is a complete waste of time, and I have also said a hundred times there is more horsepower in a straight and round cylinder than any of this pin offset nonsense. The UTG fanbase seems to get "triggered" if you disagree with him. He is not a engine builder, he is a video maker.....keep in mind, with all of his expertise and "tricks" he has a full gutted race car that traps in the 70 mph zone in the 1/8th mile. It's all gimmicks for the fanboys

Well you have it wrong. I'm not "triggered" one bit. I want proof when someone claims someone is wrong.

No one has argued against a straight and true cylinder, ever. I agree with that 100%, but prove there is NO benefit to swapping an OEM piston.... that has an offset.....

Well you have it wrong. I'm not "triggered" one but. I want proof when someone claims someone is wrong.

No one has argued against a straight and true cylinder, ever. I agree with that 100%, but prove there is NO benefit to swapping an OEM piston.... that has an offset.....
Why should the burden of proof be on people who disagree about the claim? UTG is the one putting a 50 year old "speed secret" on YouTube, claiming he does it on his builds because it helps....seems to me, HE is the one who should prove it. None of the rest of us has made any money off claiming things on YouTube

Why should the burden of proof be on people who disagree about the claim? UTG is the one putting a 50 year old "speed secret" on YouTube, claiming he does it on his builds because it helps....seems to me, HE is the one who should prove it. None of the rest of us has made any money off claiming things on YouTube

He says one thing, you say he's wrong. If you're not right, or can't/won't prove it, then you can't say he's wrong. If you're going to spout garbage in the same way you say he is, then prove it. Or at least have the balls to say you can't and it's only you're opinion.

He says one thing, you say he's wrong. If you're not right, or can't/won't prove it, then you can't say he's wrong. If you're going to spout garbage in the same way you say he is, then prove it. Or at least have the balls to say you can't and it's only you're opinion.
What "garbage" are you saying I'm spewing?

-
Back