Unfamiliar with Mopar’s need help

-

hunukenny

Reaction score
Hello, I just got my car recently and I was wondering how I would go about adding a sway bar to the front of my car? The Scamp doesn’t have the mounts for it so I assume it didn’t have one from factory.

Thanks for the help

IMG_3617.jpeg

Most of the aftermarket sway bars will include the outer brackets that either need to be bolted or welded to the lower control arms. The Hellwig 55905 included mounts that can be bolted or welded on, the Hotchkis #22386F used to come with weld on brackets but apparently it's not available now by itself, just as part of the TVS kit.

You can also contact @BergmanAutoCraft, he sells weld on tabs and has several sway bar options

Hello, I just got my car recently and I was wondering how I would go about adding a sway bar to the front of my car? The Scamp doesn’t have the mounts for it so I assume it didn’t have one from factory.

Thanks for the help

View attachment 1716149983
There is an aftermarket sway bar from Hellwig that I put on my 73 Dart. Took about a day because I ran into some issues but it definitely help the car understeer and diving into the turn. Much flatter now. I can't remember if my K-member had factory ears for mounting the ends or not. There was some drilling to do but not too difficult.
Search by Vehicle - Hellwig Products

1696451948263.png

The Hellwig kit does not require welding. The tubular bar is also cool because it is much lighter than a solid bar. Hellwig's brackets that attach to the crossmember are much better designed than some, such as Addco for example. Recommended.

I wouldnt hate seeing more pictures of the Scamp.

Black cars are cool.
Thanks, the car was green originally. I was sanding some surface rust to re paint and the door was silver so I wonder what my car has been through. Lol

Let me just say this: Whatever you do to end up with an anti-sway bar, I guarantee you it is worth the trouble

I put an Addco bar on the front of my 64 Valiant. The Addco bars themselves are fine, but their hardware kits leave a lot to be desired. That's why they have a cheaper price. I got a universal mounting kit from Energy Suspension and that made it really nice.

so I wonder what my car has been through. Lol
If only cars could talk! Wait a minute; come to think about it, it's probably a good thing they can't.
I installed a Hotchkis swaybar on mine. I had to weld the brackets on. It made a big, positive difference.

-
Back