*&(!&*@! Ups

-
Considering how smooth everything has been going for me lately it sounds like the F-up Faries hopped in my trunk and traveled out to Mikels on my last visit.

I never even thought of that... It makes me feel a little better now that I can blame this all on you! LOL!

Bobby -

You have no idea how bad I feel about that... I know that you went way above and beyond on this whole deal, and I truly appreciate it.

We'll get this sorted out, sooner or later. I'm gonna call them again Monday morning and speak to as many supervisors and managers as I can to find out what they're gonna do. I suggest you do the same, as they won't give me much information because I'm not the shipper. But I can give them a load of crap about how pissed off we all are.

Mikel,
Don't worry I'll come up with another set of heads for you, and get them machined. Do you want me to cut them for your valves? So you can use all your stuff in them? This won't be a problem as I'm having to start over anyways. You said that you were useing a .550 lift cam, so I'll build them for this. Lots of velocity which will make lots of TQ and HP. And like you said will get through this, but it's just a PITA to have to go through this, when it never should have happened in the first place.

I've had great luck with UPS personally and use them almost exclusively. This is just one of my FedEx horror stories.

65 Dartman Don's Commando valve covers [http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=43823&referrerid=641] were going out last Friday under the FedEx label he provided in the box when he sent them to me. The driver finally got to the shop about 5:40 pm with the steering wheel in one hand and a hamburger in the other. He didn't even get out of the truck, but slid his door open to accept the 2-foot long, 19 lb. box I was standing there holding. The dude didn't even try to put his burger down on the dash, but reached out with his empty hand. I'm sure the look I gave him could have wilted Hulk Hogan. I handed him the box; not balanced well apparently, he sort of twisted in his seat. I'm not sure if it was on purpose, but it looked to me like he just sort of flung it over his other shoulder where it crashed onto the floor of the truck. I went ballistic. The FedEx driver got a good three minutes' worth of education on what I do around here, a vivid description of how much a lot of the parts are worth that people send me, and learned I didn't appreciate him flinging my work onto the floor. He didn't say a word -- not even a 'thank you for using Fed Ex' LOL -- put it in reverse and split.

I walked back into the shop, called 1-800-GOFEDEX, asked for a supervisor and immediately filed a complaint and claim. Hamburger Harry better not ever show up at my shop again.

Thankfully Don's valve covers arrived intact ... but if they hadn't, Case No. 0905836478 would be in the midst of being vigorously pursued right now.

Mikel and Bobby, good luck with this ordeal. There's nothing worse than putting a ton of work into something and having an unrelated third party turn it into a cluster$%&@.

The difference I've noticed is that when I have a claim with FedEx, it's usually taken care of in a prompt manner. I've NEVER gotten the improper packaging line like UPS gives EVERY TIME.

I don't think I mentioned anything about the packaging... But I should have. Bobby ships heads all the time, all over the country and I'm damn sure he knows how to pack them. When the box got to me, it was loaded with tape. It looked like they went through 2 or 3 rolls of packing tape on it. One side of the box was blown out, but not ripped or anything. When I opened it up, both heads were bagged, surrounded by packing peanuts and not near each other, so they couldn't have possibly banged against each other. Good packing job, in my opinion. Once I noticed the damage I tried to figure out if it was due to how they were packed - maybe the box got thrown around and the two heads banged against each other - but after looking at the box and the packing realized this wasn't possible. So UPS's initial claim of "bad packaging" is a load of crap.

Today's update...

Last night I found the names of all of the UPS board of directors. I found the format of their e-mail addresses and sent out an e-mail bomb to all of them explaining what had happened and asking for help.

Today I got some calls from a couple of executive secretaries, then a lady from the Executive Office who said she was "personally taking care of this". She called me 3 or 4 times during the day with updates. She was talking to people all over the company, checking with the various depots but still can't locate the package. But she did tell me that they were going to get in touch with the claims department and get the claim moving forward.

We'll see what tomorrow brings...

LOL,
I also called the home office today here in Atlanta and was transferred to a higher claims person(as we don't really know who they are), and bet me that this will get resolved tomorrow. Some way shape or form.

How in there system, can you lose a package with all the tracking info that they require?

Now if we could only get a few people fired over this starting in the claim department and go up from there.

We're looking good... the claim is nearly complete, UPS is sending out some paperwork that Bobby needs to complete and then they move onto the payment phase.

It's amazing how quickly this stuff gets resolved when you start at the top. ;-)

Today's update...

Last night I found the names of all of the UPS board of directors. I found the format of their e-mail addresses and sent out an e-mail bomb to all of them explaining what had happened and asking for help.

You are a genius!!!! That was a great move...... I bet there will be some heads roll at UPS over this one..... I hope you told them what your local UPS guy said to you about it being damaged before he got it and was told to deliver anyway!!!!! That bites!

I ALWAYS use FedEx or DHL now....I've had several packages damaged by UPS and never ONCE got money on the insurance claims... It's always the same story...the packaging was insufficient, blah, blah, blah

You are a genius!!!! That was a great move...... I bet there will be some heads roll at UPS over this one..... I hope you told them what your local UPS guy said to you about it being damaged before he got it and was told to deliver anyway!!!!! That bites!

I told them everything that happend from start to finish, at least at the time I wrote it. Once this is all over I'm gonna write them back with a followup. I haven't decided if it'd be to thank them for the help or to blast them for screwing this up in the first place. Maybe some of each.

I think that if your UPS place is close enough, you should go down and talk to these a$$holes in person. They can dodge you and pass the buck a lot easier over the phone. If you do go down just refstrain yourself from knowcking one of em out! lol

Should this get resolved to your satisfaction, I would give them a huge thank you for taking care of what nobody else in their organiazaion was willing or able to do :-D You'll sound like a very reasonable guy that got jerked around by some idiots in their organization, who will hopefully be hunted down and dealt with appropriately :finga:

There is a lot to what Rob has to say. I make it a point to thank the person who resolved the issue whenever I have a problem. I figure if I can call them up and *****, I can call them up and thank them. Usually don't have more than 1 problem with anybody and on the rare occasion that I have another problem, it's nice to know that help is just a phone call away.

I just faxed the paperwork off just a few minutes ago to there claims dept. for the check to be cut. This will soon be over and the check will be on it's way.

There is a lot to what Rob has to say. I make it a point to thank the person who resolved the issue whenever I have a problem. I figure if I can call them up and *****, I can call them up and thank them. Usually don't have more than 1 problem with anybody and on the rare occasion that I have another problem, it's nice to know that help is just a phone call away.

Oh, I agree. The person I've been dealing with - who I think is one of the exec's secretary or assistant - has been nothing but nice and helpful to me. She calls all the people involved, gets them to do what they've got to do and then calls me (or Bobby) with an update. Sometimes 2 or 3 times a day. So once this is all over I'm gonna get the name of her boss and recommend a raise for her. ;-)

-
Back