URGENT!! Prayer requests needed HORRIBLE WRECK

-
Good News Bill. Continued prayers for everyone in your family.

Very good news on Kim's surgery and i'm glad Sue is doing better. Will keep praying from here for further improvments. You take care of yourself too Bill.

so good to hear some positive news... of course the praying continues..

I was over at cliffs when cliff read that to me . thats sme good new Im still here keep us posted bud

Glad to hear shes doing better ! We lost a work colleague today in a Jet ski accident. Severed an artery in his leg. He wasnt even 40 y/o. Makes you step back and think.

UPDATE FROM KIM'S HUSBAND, VAN:

I got to Kim's room a bout an hour and a half after visitation started due to my own doctor's appointment, and found her coherent responsive, but clearly in pain. I spoke with the nurse, and she was aware, and the on-call was supposed to evaluate and add more different meds to try and get her sedated. That was about noon, and it was done.

I met with the neurosurgeon early afternoon, and we reviewed films of her C2 vertebrae fracture, and what comes next. The game plan is to operate sometime around 11 AM Wednesday, and it should be about an hour actual operating room time. The fracture runs diagonally from the lower left to the upper right of the vertebra (or is it vertebrae?-either way). The doctor is going to go in through the front of the neck and run a screw from the bottom of the bone and pull the two halves together like they should be. This type of fracture in this particular location is commonly referred to as the "Hangman's Fracture" as that is where the neck usually snaps when you hang a person. Fortunately, there is no paralysis, as I have stated in a previous post.

The doctor said that after the surgery, she will be in a hard plastic collar for six weeks, followed by six weeks in a soft foam collar.

They turned off breathing machine for a couple of hours this morning so she could work on breathing on her own, and her breathing is not as strong as they would like it, but it's only going to improve. They did not remove the tubes, as she needs them for tomorrow's surgery.

Everything else is running status quo, and all other injuries are improving.

On a last side note, when i went in there and talked to her this morning, I held her hand and was able to kiss her on her forehead for the first time since the accident. Part of the reason why it took this long to kiss her there is because it's been difficult for me to bend over the bedrail and kiss her with my back and sternum injuries, as I didn't want to be unstable and fall on her or anything else, and cause more problems. Anyhow, I kissed her and called her "My Beautiful Girl" while looking into her eyes. Through all of the pain and drugs, she looked back into my eyes and, as best she could do with the tubes running into her mouth, she cracked that beautiful smile on the corners, and seemed to feel a little more at ease. The Prettiest Girl on the Bridge.

She's a fighter, and she's going to amaze everyone with her progress once we get out of the last immediate major surgery tomorrow.

More updates as the news comes in...

Above is the latest update on Kim. Everything is encouraging news.
Still haven't heard if Sue was released from the hospital yet. I will only post on this thread as more updates come in.

Thank You for your continued prayers.

UPDATE FROM KIM'S HUSBAND, VAN:

I got to Kim's room a bout an hour and a half after visitation started due to my own doctor's appointment, and found her coherent responsive, but clearly in pain. I spoke with the nurse, and she was aware, and the on-call was supposed to evaluate and add more different meds to try and get her sedated. That was about noon, and it was done.

I met with the neurosurgeon early afternoon, and we reviewed films of her C2 vertebrae fracture, and what comes next. The game plan is to operate sometime around 11 AM Wednesday, and it should be about an hour actual operating room time. The fracture runs diagonally from the lower left to the upper right of the vertebra (or is it vertebrae?-either way). The doctor is going to go in through the front of the neck and run a screw from the bottom of the bone and pull the two halves together like they should be. This type of fracture in this particular location is commonly referred to as the "Hangman's Fracture" as that is where the neck usually snaps when you hang a person. Fortunately, there is no paralysis, as I have stated in a previous post.

The doctor said that after the surgery, she will be in a hard plastic collar for six weeks, followed by six weeks in a soft foam collar.

They turned off breathing machine for a couple of hours this morning so she could work on breathing on her own, and her breathing is not as strong as they would like it, but it's only going to improve. They did not remove the tubes, as she needs them for tomorrow's surgery.

Everything else is running status quo, and all other injuries are improving.

On a last side note, when i went in there and talked to her this morning, I held her hand and was able to kiss her on her forehead for the first time since the accident. Part of the reason why it took this long to kiss her there is because it's been difficult for me to bend over the bedrail and kiss her with my back and sternum injuries, as I didn't want to be unstable and fall on her or anything else, and cause more problems. Anyhow, I kissed her and called her "My Beautiful Girl" while looking into her eyes. Through all of the pain and drugs, she looked back into my eyes and, as best she could do with the tubes running into her mouth, she cracked that beautiful smile on the corners, and seemed to feel a little more at ease. The Prettiest Girl on the Bridge.

She's a fighter, and she's going to amaze everyone with her progress once we get out of the last immediate major surgery tomorrow.

More updates as the news comes in...

Above is the latest update on Kim. Everything is encouraging news.
Still haven't heard if Sue was released from the hospital yet. I will only post on this thread as more updates come in.

Thank You for your continued prayers.

Yes that is Wonderful news. I am so happy for her and all of your family. Continued prayers

Bill

Just logged on and found this thread. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family. It seems as if she is already on the road to getting better.. Thank GOD. I hope for a quick recovery.

Carl

-
Back