User: DaveBonds

-
How about providing the dimensions needed so Dave can get them finished up and sent out? That would seem to solve the problem! Dave gets paid, the OP gets the parts needed, and both can get back to life as we know it!!

At least its refreshing to see both sides communicating now, unlike the other train wreck threads we've had lately!! Thanks to Dave for responding, it shows a lot of integrity to step into a "bad member" thread and put yourself out on a plate!!

What say gents?? Get together on this and get it done!!!

Not only what cosgig said but, I would love to see the finished product and the finished car!
And yes, Thanks Dave for chiming in.

As far as I'm concerned, post #16 ended this thread for everyone. It's now between Dave and Steve to sort out.

Further discussion by anyone other than those to fellas amounts to gossip, conjecture, and so much BS, and as we all know, if left unchecked, this WILL become an argument, or a bash fest, and help nothing, to fix an obvious misunderstanding.

In my opinion the thread should be closed.

Mods, speaking for myself, it's all yours.

As far as I'm concerned, post #16 ended this thread for everyone. It's now between Dave and Steve to sort out.

Further discussion by anyone other than those to fellas amounts to gossip, conjecture, and so much BS, and as we all know, if left unchecked, this WILL become an argument, or a bash fest, and help nothing, to fix an obvious misunderstanding.

Mods, speaking for myself, it's all yours.

Well said.

First,I don't know either guy and havnt dealt with them,that being said when you commission someone to build a product to"your" specs you need to at least make a drawing that shows what you expect then realize that the "builder" does NOT need these parts.He is building for you.What I have found on here is some people play the"hobby"card to the max!You need to realize that to some it is money for bills or their own projects so not everyone has the great desire to see"your" project on the road at their expense.Understand that not everyone has ESP most of us have CRS and need pics!

as with any deal of this nature, communication is the very foundation. without a constant back and forth by both parties not a damn thing will work out and usually gets ugly

I'm not giving the option to finish these to Steve, because he needs to have something in hand, now, and has openly stated that he isn't willing to do business with me, any further. I've been nickel and dimed to death over the past three months, I've spent over $13,000 on moving and have people stalling on money owed to me. I don't need more.

Some information to anyone who may show concern;

Most custom header builds by people who do them for a full time job, run north of $1,500.00 and take about 2-3 months turn around to build, unless it is done locally with all of the parts in hand, but the price is about the same.

When I worked on headers for the 6.1 hemi in the '59 Dodge, we consulted the company Stainless Steel Headers. They require you to build an entire mock up of the exhaust system with adjustable bends and flanges that they supply to you, along with PVC tubing that you purchase on your own and hex drive sheet metal screws that you purchase on your own and require you to do all of the cutting, fitment and mock up, then ship the plastic units to them, so they can use them for the build. They still require consultation phone calls on critical areas, around the steering, etc and their turn around time to us was 8-10 weeks.

All said and done, our work involved, two phone calls involving some measuring and degree checking, our mock up materials not included and their bill to us was $1,650.00. Keep in mind that we did all of the building and gave them physical prototypes for them to work off of, for that price.

Even an off the shelf custom welded tuned length header built to a basic blueprint spec run north of $800.00 for my Datsun and has 5 weeks to wait on the build. I don't know what tuned length tubes run for V8 engines, these days. I'm not much of a race car guy, but I would still imagine it above $1k.

I've got my own money involved in this and I'm okay with that. I'm even okay that I've done all of this on my spare time and without making a dime. I was genuinely interested in helping someone get into some nice tubes. I don't have any missed phone calls from Steve this week. I have no idea how many missed calls he has from me, over the course of this project, but that's ok. I know life gets busy and he hasn't exactly had an easy time, this year, either.

However, what I'm not okay with is the stated figure of me being paid $400.00, no phone calls made to me at all before this was posted and nothing said to me about a refund, before this was posted.

PLEASE REPLY TO YOUR PM AND GIVE ME YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS SO I CAN ISSUE A REFUND.

Can't argue with this. Ain't it great how the 2 sides of these type of gigs never really fit together all that well. The OP has apparently "forgotten" and failed to mention all sorts of details.....makes him look like the "bad guy" to me....

I've contacted Dave multiple times as well as sent him multiple text about dimensions as well saying please issue a refund. Or I'm going to have to take legal issues.

I just wanted a refund, 8 months is a Lil exsessive.
Anyways, he came through and issued a refund. He was a great guy, just no communication.

I've been refunded, this thread can be closed now, I didn't wanna have to make it public, but sometimes that's what it comes down to, to make a point.

Thanks guys.

Steve.

I'm not giving the option to finish these to Steve, because he needs to have something in hand, now, and has openly stated that he isn't willing to do business with me, any further. I've been nickel and dimed to death over the past three months, I've spent over $13,000 on moving and have people stalling on money owed to me. I don't need more.

Some information to anyone who may show concern;

Most custom header builds by people who do them for a full time job, run north of $1,500.00 and take about 2-3 months turn around to build, unless it is done locally with all of the parts in hand, but the price is about the same.

When I worked on headers for the 6.1 hemi in the '59 Dodge, we consulted the company Stainless Steel Headers. They require you to build an entire mock up of the exhaust system with adjustable bends and flanges that they supply to you, along with PVC tubing that you purchase on your own and hex drive sheet metal screws that you purchase on your own and require you to do all of the cutting, fitment and mock up, then ship the plastic units to them, so they can use them for the build. They still require consultation phone calls on critical areas, around the steering, etc and their turn around time to us was 8-10 weeks.

All said and done, our work involved, two phone calls involving some measuring and degree checking, our mock up materials not included and their bill to us was $1,650.00. Keep in mind that we did all of the building and gave them physical prototypes for them to work off of, for that price.

Even an off the shelf custom welded tuned length header built to a basic blueprint spec run north of $800.00 for my Datsun and has 5 weeks to wait on the build. I don't know what tuned length tubes run for V8 engines, these days. I'm not much of a race car guy, but I would still imagine it above $1k.

I've got my own money involved in this and I'm okay with that. I'm even okay that I've done all of this on my spare time and without making a dime. I was genuinely interested in helping someone get into some nice tubes. I don't have any missed phone calls from Steve this week. I have no idea how many missed calls he has from me, over the course of this project, but that's ok. I know life gets busy and he hasn't exactly had an easy time, this year, either.

However, what I'm not okay with is the stated figure of me being paid $400.00, no phone calls made to me at all before this was posted and nothing said to me about a refund, before this was posted.

PLEASE REPLY TO YOUR PM AND GIVE ME YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS SO I CAN ISSUE A REFUND.

Just to answer your question....While back I was quoted $1800 for a set of stainless headers with merge collectors by a fellow out of Oregon....If your looking for top quality going to run more than that, Mark from

http://perfweldheaders.com/abody_mopar.html

gets $2700 and up for his race car headers.....

Stainless Works

http://stainlessworks.net/index.php...-block-ford-up-and-forward-turbo-headers.html

gets a tick or two under $1100 for a set of up/forward small block Ford stainless turbo headers with slip fit collectors....

I've contacted Dave multiple times as well as sent him multiple text about dimensions as well saying please issue a refund. Or I'm going to have to take legal issues.

I just wanted a refund, 8 months is a Lil excessive.
Anyways, he came through and issued a refund. He was a great guy, just no communication.

I've been refunded, this thread can be closed now, I didn't wanna have to make it public, but sometimes that's what it comes down to, to make a point.

Thanks guys.

Steve.

Good to hear, and thanks for letting everyone know.

No matter who did what, it's resolved.

The communication has been patchy, but just for the record, I do not owe you $400.00.

I have sent you a refund for the full $300.00 that didn't cover materials and consumables.

And to clarify, when you contacted me about persuing legal action, no communication was had at all for quite some time from anybody, as I was working on these. When I called you the second time, you answered and spoke with me about the project, as well as my current moving circumstance. During the conversation, I offered to refund you and you rejected it.

To this day, I have not gotten a single dimension from you, of your actual turbocharger and have based my entire build off of measurements posted online, coming from forums and other sources, for that model.

It is all water under the bridge at this point. Please know that if you want things to be made, that a lot of time is involved directly in the project and when communication stops, it stops the entire project in its tracks.

I'm sorry that I couldn't get this to work out for you. Good luck on your project.

Dave

too bad this was not worked out-- could have been a cool project, Lawrence

They might show up.
They might make good boat anchors.
Stay tuned.
Same bat time.
Same bat channel.
I'll catch you folks later. Maybe.

too bad this was not worked out-- could have been a cool project, Lawrence

x2

At least this thread did it's job and got these two communicating again. Hopefully they can work it out as adults between the two of them.

Any more comments from the peanut gallery (all not involved in this transaction, including me) are not necessary...

A yes to my refund offer during our phone call would have accomplished that. Another phone call, a text message, A PM, anything private, regarding a refund confirmed would have sufficed.

I offered a refund up front during our last phone call without it being mentioned at all, prior, during our conversation.

Threads like this don't do anything, but air dirty laundry. If that's the way you want it, fine. Why don't you tell them how you kept asking me to ship what I had before they were finished or before you paid me the rest of my money? Or do you not have any pictures of those texts? How about, at the very least, admitting that you lied about the amount of money you paid me?

I'm not here to slander anyone, but I refuse to have my reputation tarnished by stretching the truth. Neither one of us deserve it. You had problems with your phone service, problems not sending me pictures or dimensions, I had problems with my living situation and if I recall, you had some issues at home as well. No biggie, but it certainly doesn't warrant any of this.

A yes to my refund offer during our phone call would have accomplished that. Another phone call, a text message, A PM, anything private, regarding a refund confirmed would have sufficed.

I offered a refund up front during our last phone call without it being mentioned at all, prior, during our conversation.

Threads like this don't do anything, but air dirty laundry. If that's the way you want it, fine. Why don't you tell them how you kept asking me to ship what I had before they were finished or before you paid me the rest of my money? Or do you not have any pictures of those texts? How about, at the very least, admitting that you lied about the amount of money you paid me?

I'm not here to slander anyone, but I refuse to have my reputation tarnished by stretching the truth. Neither one of us deserve it. You had problems with your phone service, problems not sending me pictures or dimensions, I had problems with my living situation and if I recall, you had some issues at home as well. No biggie, but it certainly doesn't warrant any of this.

AHMEN,,,,,,,,,,,,,,It should be all done and over with

-
Back