UTG 727 destruction

-
I can't bring myself to watch it.. but... hone for hours? as in sitting there with a drill and a bead or stone hone going up and down for hours? to achieve what though? if it was that bad it needed to be machined. was he trying to do a backyard .010 over?
Tony gave Lunar a block with a gouge or blemish in I believe cylinder 7..then proceeded to tell Lunar to hone it out. I understand some things would hone out but not this gouge. Its in the UTG video the marathon 318 build. I recommend watching Lunars videos ,his side of the story. He ended up giving the car away or raffling it or something the 72 Sattelite.

Tony gave Lunar a block with a gouge or blemish in I believe cylinder 7..then proceeded to tell Lunar to hone it out. I understand some things would hone out but not this gouge. Its in the UTG video the marathon 318 build. I recommend watching Lunars videos ,his side of the story. He ended up giving the car away or raffling it or something the 72 Sattelite.

Ah ok... and that sounds like a **** show if it ended that bad for the guy :(

Ah ok... and that sounds like a **** show if it ended that bad for the guy :(
Yeah Tony walked away never mentioning it again. if you ask he'll delete the comment, what does that tell you? Someone on here said it "out to make a buck" . It isn't about helping people with good information and truth is he doesn't know . He was a dismantler not a mechanic, he stripped cars and sold parts, never built anything that runs correctly and if you pay attention that's what you are watching with him. The rest of it, he makes up as he goes.

Yeah Tony walked away never mentioning it again. if you ask he'll delete the comment, what does that tell you? Someone on here said it "out to make a buck" . It isn't about helping people with good information and truth is he doesn't know . He was a dismantler not a mechanic, he stripped cars and sold parts, never built anything that runs correctly and if you pay attention that's what you are watching with him. The rest of it, he makes up as he goes.
Kind of explains why everytime he goes to the strip his cars fall apart in weird ways

I can't bring myself to watch it.. but... hone for hours? as in sitting there with a drill and a bead or stone hone going up and down for hours? to achieve what though? if it was that bad it needed to be machined. was he trying to do a backyard .010 over?
If you find the junkyard jet video, they specifically said they honed the first cylinder for 8 hours...at Tony's "guidance" and eventually they did a "first start" video where it sounded like rocks in a can with major misfires. After that they didn't post anymore for a long while. Come to find out, the junkyard jet guys, tore it back down, took it to a actual machine shop and had it done properly. That's why tony ran them off, told them that's not what his channel is about.

If you find the junkyard jet video, they specifically said they honed the first cylinder for 8 hours...at Tony's "guidance" and eventually they did a "first start" video where it sounded like rocks in a can with major misfires. After that they didn't post anymore for a long while. Come to find out, the junkyard jet guys, tore it back down, took it to a actual machine shop and had it done properly. That's why tony ran them off, told them that's not what his channel is about.
8 hours?! holy ****.... in 1 cyl.. that's AMAZING bahah.. i don't regret not watching that stuff.. thanks for the recap

P.S. i'm debating doing a quick hone/re-ring and bearings on my 318 for this year... thing has a ton of miles but had good compression.. hate to take apart **** that works :)

8 hours?! holy ****.... in 1 cyl.. that's AMAZING bahah.. i don't regret not watching that stuff.. thanks for the recap :)
They also had a video about surfacing a head using a peice of wood, a peice of sandpaper, and a car battery.

Tony supplied me with some really good deals when I needed an OEM part, and only ever asked for what I thought the parts were worth in payment.
I really appreciated that, and sent what I thought was fair.

As far as his UTG channel, I generally don’t watch it because of all the dickin around.
I sure as F wouldn’t want him or anyone else on that channel working on my car, but if the point was/is to post videos of recovery home looking dudes screwing around with old cars he pretty much nailed it.

There are plenty of mopar racers that must be completely unaware of the dangers of doing a rolling burnout with a 727 because you sure see plenty of them.
From what I've read the only issue is staying in first gear ("you can only damage the sprag in 1st gear" Moparts :poke: )
Basically start in first gear and try and get into second as quick as possible, then rolling out and having the tires grip a little isn't an issue.

From what I've read the only issue is staying in first gear ("you can only damage the sprag in 1st gear" Moparts :poke: )
Basically start in first gear and try and get into second as quick as possible, then rolling out and having the tires grip a little isn't an issue.
That only works with a manual VB with no kickdown function.

538FC4A3-5B30-4EF5-95A5-7DE152053C00.jpeg

I’ve done hundreds of burnouts with a stock 727 other than a TF2 shift kit and a bolt in sprag.

Whipped shitties in first gear working the throttle like it owed me money, sideways in first gear leaving stop signs, spinning out of the hole with slicks peddling it until it hooks.

The officer gave him a pretty good talking to because we did not have a straight pipe between the cars, then he came back to look at what I had going on and saw that I was sitting on a five gallon bucket and did not have a steering wheel but did have two sets of vice grips clamped to the steering shaft.
:rofl:

I’ve only seen one 727 explode its been twenty years since but it was a big one. Ripped a hole in the floor of a Bbody at the starting line, the guy was lucky it went up and didn’t get his foot but he was limping. I’ve always done stationary burnouts lifted and then rolled out of the water. I was taught this procedure by a long time Mopar racer an it has worked for me.
I’ve put 500 to 700hp through some relatively stock 727 with excellent traction, 1.30 60ft times.

-
Back