UTG engine build "callout"

-
Hey, c'mon man....he said he LIKES when we discuss his projects and point out mistakes, it gets him more publicity, "clicks" on his videos ya know. So if you think about it, we are helping him MAKE money. The more he is discussed, even in a negative light, the more money in his pocket.

C'mon man. LOL

Justin where would you limit RPM’s per pound of oil pressure?

many older guys told me that you don’t need as much as conventional wisdom says.
No one is perfect, but my point was.. if you can't make a decent pull... why bother.
Are we that hard up for numbers out of a small cam slap together? not really.

7psi per 1000 rpm is safe with good oil. If less than that .. don't blame me.lol
It used to be 10psi, then F1 re determined diff years ago. Listening to him during the ordeal was hard.

No one is perfect, but my point was.. if you can't make a decent pull... why bother.

7psi per 1000 rpm is safe with good oil. If less than that .. don't blame me.lol
It used to be 10psi, then F1 re determined diff years ago. Listening to him during the ordeal was hard.
I believe that newbies and future Mopar Hotrodders, ina majority do NOT know about this website, people like you or others as a resource, etc.

if they don’t engage their brains, just a simple ‘Google search’ takes them to the Google owned YouTube and walla! UT is the kinda resource they find unwilling to buy books believing “you can find everything on the web!”

Last edited:
if you google "small block mopar misses at idle' for example it will redirect here for the most part.

Last edited:
I remember the Car Craft article "Junkyard Dog" where they took a 360 from a junkyard, got it runnin threw it in an a body.....I forget which one and put incremental steps of gas on it TRYING to blow it up and never did. They just kept going faster.

Don Garlits once spoke at Mopar Nationals about how when the 413 came out it was supposed to be better than the old 392 Hemi.... He ran one in his rail and it just couldn't run as good...

He decided to put the 392 back in the rail and tried to blow it up by adding more boost and timing... He ended up being the first one to break 220 MPH in the quarter mile trying to blow up the old 392 Hemi and the engine held together...

Don Garlits once spoke at Mopar Nationals about how when the 413 came out it was supposed to be better than the old 392 Hemi.... He ran one in his rail and it just couldn't run as good...

He decided to put the 392 back in the rail and tried to blow it up by adding more boost and timing... He ended up being the first one to break 220 MPH in the quarter mile trying to blow up the old 392 Hemi and the engine held together...
Actually that story was he was racing a 392 hemi, when the 426 hemi came out. He wasn't having the same success with the 426, and that's when he started adding timing in a attempt to blow up the 426. He ended up running faster than ever, and the 426 remaind his choice after that

I totally agree. Even as dirt roadish and redneckish and CHEAP as my builds usually are, I'll stand any of um up to some dyno pulls.

The proper term for opening an engine up, replacing worn parts such as cam,bearings,rings,timing set and gaskets is "overhaul" . A rebuild consists of much more usually an overbore and more exact tolerances. Cylinder heads repaired properly etc. Just an FYI. UTG uses the term build often and it's a misnomer.

I don’t think RK (Steve D) purposely called him out or insulted him but just simply gave his opinion on it. iF Steve D decided to call him out it would have been directly done by naming names. I see it as Steve D trying to walk around it lightly, but did t do it the way he would have liked it to come out.

If I was to call out someone here, it would be direct.
Name the name and go from there.
Or call everyone out on our own 318 shoot out...
LMAO!
I’ll let 318WR handle the details.
He would do a good job at it.
(No! Not calling you out or asking you to handle a competition. But you can IF you want to...)

Steve has to worry about how his action impact Motor Trend which, in my opinion, why he didn't call out Tony by name.

You did hear him say Former Automotive Journalist, which is Tony.

If I remember correctly, sometime in mid to late 2019 UT (whitepunkonnitro) bailed on FABO. Members here had PM'd him with no answer for days, his excuse was "been busy on other projects" & then he went dark. If the Roadkill people decide to take him up on the call out, he has everything to gain & nothing to lose. He gets on a TV show & gets his face out to more people. In my opinion, the Roadkill guys shouldn't stoop to his senseless challenge. UT washed out in the RAG industry, tried coming to the Mopar sites selling a lot of over priced parts & when he figured out he wasn't going to get rich off of OUR hobby, he went to try & exploit people in another venue. I may catch flack over this post, but it's just my thoughts & opinion.

Who said the Roadkill guys would put the shout out on their show?

Last edited:
Funny, I was talking with a couple guys at mason dixon yesterday and mentioned this callout. Guy there said it`s true, with the offset piston pin it would travel further up the bore. Enough for a winning edge? I don`t have a clue.

Funny, I was talking with a couple guys at mason dixon yesterday and mentioned this callout. Guy there said it`s true, with the offset piston pin it would travel further up the bore. Enough for a winning edge? I don`t have a clue.
You know how far off center the pin would have to be to effect the TDC height? Its hogwash

Steve has to worry about how his action impact Motor Trend which, in my opinion, why he didn't call out Tony by name.

You did hear him say Former Automotive Journalist, which is Tony.

Why he's worried about Motor Trend, I have no idea. It's sucked hind tit for a long time now.

You know how far off center the pin would have to be to effect the TDC height? Its hogwash

Yeah, where do they come up with this ****? The offset is generally on the order of .060". LMAO

-
Back