Vacuum this low normal?

-
I'm going on vacation so I'll update everyone when I get back.
I'm going to bump up the initial a lil bit and see if that helps. My old cams initial I had a 24* so Maybe I'll be able to get away with more.
Definitely not too lean at idle.
When I put in gear (warmed up) the engine only drops around 100-150rpm.
My idle mixture screws are 3/4 turn out. 4 corner. That's where it idles the best and best vacuum
Thaks for all the advice guys!!!

I once ran the 292/509 mopar hyd. cam in my 360, with 1.6 rockers, 750dp, and 10.7 true c/r. I ran it from 4*retarded to 4* advanced. Lots of vacuum(IIRC 11inches). I measured that cam as about 239*@.050.It ran a little warm when new,but relaxed after a bit. I wonder if your intake is sucking air from the crankcase side. Not hard to prove. If thats ok, Id move to verifying the cam timing, not that I think thats the problem, but we gotta start with a firm foundation. Others here are offering excellent advice.PS, I ended up running that cam advanced. Seemed a bit torquier. Eventually I went to a much smaller(223*)cam, for better street manners.Hope this helps, AJ

I have a 254/254 solid grind in my 318 with only 14 degrees advance at idle and i get about the same vacuum. I really need to do something about my timing.

I'd say yours (vacuum) like mine, is lower than it should be.

Another thing to look for, does the timing drop also when you drop it in gear???

-
Back