Valiant on craigs list

-

Oldmanmopar

Going left turning right
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Picked it up and brought it home for a friend Dave a member on this site.

I cannot believe how rust free this car is. 16k miles V8 auto with AC. Another perfect doner for parts for his 2 door build.

Has a bad motor from the owner removing the heads to put headers on it and left it sit like that . Rusted fast. But Dave bought it at a discount price due to the owners neglect. And other buyers showing up without a trailer and no cash on a snowy day.

00Y0Y_2KtVxdqZqQA_600x450.jpg

00m0m_h5HXhDm9Mvr_1200x900.jpg

00b0b_4c00ItFIxs8_1200x900.jpg

Last edited:
That is too nice to be a donor car.

Sell it to a 4-door fan.

He needs the front clip and fenders for a 2 door. You cannot buy these parts new.

I just hunted for a clip for a guys 71 Demon. ended up using a wrong 72 clip and still fixed rust.

This car is like a time capsule for sheet metal parts. The 4 door guys are just going to have to find there own. This is not going anywhere but to the table in my morgue. We couldn't believe we found all his parts at one spot.

When we saw it on craigs list and called we both said its probably gone. I think the snow storm gave us that edge. Taking the trailer along after some shoveling to get it cleaned off was a plus.

Dropped what we were doing a took the trip and beat others to it that showed up with no cash, no transport. Thats right bought it out from under someone that was going to get his trailer. And felt good about it

There are parts he will sell that he don't need. But you all will have to deal with him. Its his car. He is a member on this site.

You can buy them used. There is a member ,sedanman, here that has tons of that ****.
You can find '69 valiant front clips all day long...its the '67 that's hard to find.

The only 2 or 3 posts ive read from you...is about you cutting cars up, sometimes 2 or 3 at a time in order to fix the one you have stiffy for. I'm not a fan of that.

Man I'd love to find something like that. I have a complete rebuilt 360 I'm thinking of selling because I don't want a car I'd have to rebuilt from the ground up. 4 door sleeper would be cool!

You can buy them used. There is a member ,sedanman, here that has tons of that ****.
You can find '69 valiant front clips all day long...its the '67 that's hard to find.

The only 2 or 3 posts ive read from you...is about you cutting cars up, sometimes 2 or 3 at a time in order to fix the one you have stiffy for. I'm not a fan of that.

It's the way things get done. I'm sure if you find the parts they need you could have this car LOL

"Bought right out from under someone who was going to get there trailer" "and felt good about it" WOW.........

Decades ago, the "muscle" cars were dinged up, wrecked, tore up, so parts were derived from where ever. Very little repop sheetmetal available except maybe a floor pan. A worse example of your car, wreck, a front clip off 4 door, was where we looked. . I hate to say, but we parted out many cars back them that are way better than what some people restore today, especially cars like 68-70 roadrunners for example.
Now, A body NON performance models, were generally better taken car off unless someone used it for their rust belt winter beater. So 318 and slant cars are still affordable. and plentiful. Back decades ago NO ONE considered putting an time or money into a 4 door. But now, they are finding their place. Sort of like wagons, used to , no one wanted a wagon. They are cool. Four doors?? Cool to me. BUT not everyone wants one, and NO they are only worth what someone will pay, or what makes sense, ..... worth their sum of parts???
I agree, with the remark, easy to find the sheetmetal for the car from someone's garage, than the tear up a nice surviving 4 door. BUT since this is a discussion place just voicing our opinion.

Speaking of 67's I just hacked one of them up for a clip for another members build. Real nice Cuda HT to fix a flip front Fast back from (Ray Barton Racing) . Pics below.

I did not Buy the Valiant . Another Member on here did. He may chime in if he wants. If they want their car fixed and they're paying the bill I'll do it.

Maybe you should keep your comments to yourself. I have not been on here for sometime due to Cancer and people like you.

We repair cars and use the parts the owners want to use. Dave bought the car to use the parts to fix his Valiant. We just finished clipping a 340 Demon for another friend. There were several parts left from that build. Then a we pulled and clipped a 92 chevy Van for my sons friend which he now wants painted. The People Keep on bringing the work.

I have a brown 71 340 Duster I bought We put it back together as a driver it will be sold . So I saved one for me from Their parts they left here . The 70 Duster we have that I am parting I had since 1988 It is junk. We need the drive line for the Demon my son owns .

Then I have my Orange Duster which was wrecked. You should see the mint body getting cut up to fix that. I paid for it to build a Race car and that is what it will be.

There are so many old a-body cars and people that come through this shop I can't keep track of 60's and 70's cars we cut up for friends builds and repairs. We always get whats left over. so we always have parts here to help others. If you have a problem with what I do keep it to yourself. There are many that come here and spend a day getting what they need and have a good time.

Next time you see a post of mine just troll right on bye and I won't have to hear you cry. Some of you will never understand.

DSCN2823.JPG

DSCN2826.JPG

DSCN2828.JPG

DSCN2829.JPG

Steve 093.JPG

Steve 091.JPG

Last edited:
Most everybody USED to hack up decent cars every once in a while. Times have changed. To brag about cutting **** up and dicking over people doesn:t seem to make a lot of sense on a forum like this. I actually came across this site, not too long ago, because I bought a '71 Valiant 4-door (in ALOT worse shape than the one in this thread ) that is now my 17yr olds first car. I can say that there is no way the kid would be driving this car so soon, if ever, if it wasn't for this site and some VERY helpful members. I have gotten censored on here before for making comments just like the one ALASKAN_TA made at the top of this thread (but in sale ads), but just can't help it, seems like a no-brainer to me.

I have no bone to pick, both sides of this discussion makes total sense. From a business standpoint, cutting up a bad car for parts makes total sense to restore a deserving one, lots of A bodies will part out for more than anyone will give for it as a project.
And the hobbiest in me makes a hate to see any car parts THAT can feasibly be restored, get parted out. BUT business and common sense has to go hand in hand.

Back in late 80's, 90's these old mopars were my business and my hobby. One car of the many cars, comes to mind. I lived in N Missouri, I hunted cars states away, had many car friends that found me cars too. I was down in SW Lousiana. This was maybe early 90's after the first crash. Gave $8-900 for a 72 Cuda orig 340 red 3 in floor car. straight no rust, complete roller. Of course NO one wanted an E body but 70-1 cars. I had a good complete 340 and 4 speed to go with this car. I COULD NOT!!! find a buyer! SO I cut it up, sold every piece but the roof. I hated to do it, but I felt at the time, business was business.

The seller was asking a grand I offered him $600. He said someone just left and was coming back with his trailer and $800. Dave said he would give him $900. I told him he just had us drive 60 miles and we were there with the trailer and cash. He decided to sell it to us. .

The car has a nice body and interior. The drive line is junk. We couldn't get it off the trailer the rear frooze on the way home. It was filled with water as is the 273 motor. That's right 273. I thought for sure it was a 318 but I was wrong Numbers don't lie.

Dave needs a complete front for his car that he has been searching for . The car has everything he needs and we get to take them off. This is important when you are doing a car . A lot of guys butcher parts when removing them or they get damaged in shipping.

The AC was still charged It will all fit the 70 but one hose and the pump. Saved every piece, It came off like it was put on yesterday.

I don't like parting cars like this that are rust free. My son tried talking Dave out of it to make a sleeper. Something to put a turbo big block in. But it went under the knife yesterday for parts for Dave. It would have cost him that much just for fenders in this condition.

I will have the guys spot weld drill the floors, the trunk and all the nice panels out of this car . Nothing will be wasted not even the firewall or cowl. They will be used here or donated to members that need them. The dash pad is perfect and I needed one. We saved tons of money buying this car. To me that is what its about in this hobby. Getting what you can for the the best dollar.

The other buyer has contacted me he is a E-bagger he wants to buy what we don't use. The seller gave him my number. It makes me feel better now that I know that.

The Barracuda above is Todd's he was going to restore the HT but had been searching for a fastback. I sold the fastback to Ray Barton a while back. It was a car that had a flip front end on it. While at Ray's Todd saw it out back. I talked to Ray and he told me to take it. Todd had me clip the car using his HT and the body is now near perfect waiting for quarters installed.

I am not bragging about chopping cars but proud of the rarer cars we save for people. Not many do what we do because they don't have the equipment. We even do old tractors and Toys of all kinds .

View attachment 1715144189

View attachment 1715144190

View attachment 1715144191

View attachment 1715144192

Picture 081.jpg

Picture 022.jpg

Picture 023.jpg

Picture 066.jpg

Picture 082.jpg

Picture 088.jpg

Last edited:
That is too nice to be a donor car.

Sell it to a 4-door fan.

are you freaking kidding!? no one will want to pay what its worth or even enough to buy a clean front clip (especially 4 door guys) so ya may as well put a nice two door together with it.

273's were used up into 1969...where they finally ran out of them. That's not strange, that, I thought, was widely known.

273's were used up into 1969...where they finally ran out of them. That's not strange, that, I thought, was widely known.
I never kept up on the 273's . most of the cars I bought were 340's . By the 273 cars I did buy. I was always under the impression they solid lifter motors this one is hyd. . You learn something new on these cars everyday. I once had a 67 Satellite it was a 318 with solids. That I thought was done by someone. Since then I have been finding those rockers on several 318's.
I am 62 and this is the first 273 I have seen in a 69

member 69383valiant is who bought this car for parts . If you need any thing contact him. I have no say on what he is keeping or selling. So do not PM me for parts. Steve

We will be keeping just about everything for my 2 door.. The whole front clip, fenders, hood, cowl , the whole floor and trunk floor. Front and back glass wing windows and all the stainless trim. The dash and frame is coming out also. The ac system and all components are spoken for. Quarter panels are being saved. The follow will be sold or scraped. Trunk lid rear bumper and doors along with the roof will be all that is left....

Funny that everyone says how a car should be saved and not cut up but just cant seem to pull out their wallet to save one. Everybody wants something for nothing. That is the reason alot of early A bodies get cut up. Everyone sees a whole early A and says that aint worth much more that a grand but it will bring double that in parts.

Oldmanmopar is a straight shooter that for many years has helped the mopar community with his vast knowledge from many years of experience in this hobby. I have bought many parts from him over the years and will continue to do so. He is very fair on his prices and has never to my knowledge tried to gouge people. Kudos to you my good friend and for all your help! Howard

Wow, I'm impressed! It sure did not take you long to get it torn all the way Down. It sure is super clean. I am excited to see the build. I'm sure it will be outstanding.Please keep me informed.

Wow, I'm impressed! It sure did not take you long to get it torn all the way Down. It sure is super clean. I am excited to see the build. I'm sure it will be outstanding.Please keep me informed.
There is not any rusted through panels on this car any where. We started spot weld drilling it apart tonight. we will save as many panels as we can even the rockers. We were sitting here tonight and talking how this car would have been a perfect sleeper.

Howard it even had old coins in all the right places. Never searched . Nothing like finding contents in old cars. And every bolt and clip came out and was able to be saved. You know I am a 1971 guy. " 1971 Quarter" I'm rich.!

The parts that came off are available Dave is saving every last bolt. The only thing that is on the car yet is rear wheel well trim and Housing bumpers.

-
Back