Valley pan re-used

-

smythge

65 with a BIG BLOCK
Reaction score
I just put my intake on my 440 and ran it for about 2 minutes and realized I was leaking water from a stripped exhaust manifold bolt in the head. I need to pull the head off and put a helicoil in, what I am wondering is can I reuse the valley pan? It was brand new when installed it 2 days ago I did use a gasket between the top of the pan and the aluminum intake and a small amount of sealer between the pan and the heads, but not sure if once torqued if it can be reused.

I've reused them in the past, but would spring for a new one if you can! If you do use it make sure to use a small amount of sealer around the port areas! I've never had any problems reusing them, but use the sealer just in case! Hope this helps! :thumblef:

Thanks, no big deal to buy the pan, my issue is finding one without having to order it and wait for delivery

I know what you mean!! Check with a napa or advance auto arouns you, my advance store carries them in stock!!

I also echo what 68gts340 said. Been there done that. The hardest thing to do in this operation is clean the sealent off. You'll be fine in the reuse of the valley pan. Just don't bend it up or kink it good.

I tried t reuse them twice...didnt work out in either case..lol. Some guys I know can, so maybe it's worth a shot..I just keep one RB and one B "in stock" just in case..lol.

I reused it and it seems to be fine, but the one I used was never run just bolted on, and I used "right stuff" gasket sealer around all the ports. Getting very high vacuum readind so seems to be okay.

-
Back