valve lash

-

j par

Well-hung Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knows what the valve lash would be on my 66 Barracuda 273 non comando? Thank you . .....

.013 intake .021 exhaust adjusted hot. There are lots of threads here about how to adjust. If you're not familiar on how to do it use the search function for threads. tmm

.013 intake .021 exhaust adjusted hot. There are lots of threads here about how to .. If you're not familiar on how to do it use the search function for threads. tmm

Thank you . ... .013 seems tight on the intake? But, I don't know about the stock specifications of this car at all. I'm totally familiar with adjusting my race car that has actually the same rocker arms, but I've just never adjusted my fiance's barracuda and its sounding like its popping at high rpm and I know this has probably not been adjusted in a long time. I was going to have her just show the car at the Mopar Nationals here in Woodburn Oregon. the more I'm thinking about it, I'm thinking about taking her to a test and tune tomorrow and just having her race the car in a sportsman's class. Of course it's up to me to get it in tune correctly and the valve adjustment is definitely in order.

its sounding like its popping at high rpm and I know this has probably not been adjusted in a long time.

If the popping is indeed from the valve adjustment, I'd think it could be from a little valve sinking on the exhaust side (tight). TMM's numbers will surely keep you on the safe side imo.

-
Back