Very rough week last week. I had to have Roman put to sleep.

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
My son and girlfriend adopted Roman at the age of three in 2015. When they broke up Matt moved in with me and brought Roman and Leala five years ago. 2.5 years ago Matt was laid off and moved to Ohio and i became guardian of his cats. Roman had FIV which in humans acts like Aids and affects their ability to fight off illnesses. He wasn’t feeling well last week so on Thursday I took him to an emergency Vet hospital 35 miles from home. They did bloodwork and his bloodwork showed signs of infection. I left him overnight so they could administer antibiotics and a feeding tube. 24 hours later I went back and they said his bloodwork was way worse and he would probably live three days. I asked the doctor if another 24 hours would help and she said no so I held him for 40 minutes crying my eyes out. Then they came in to put him to sleep. The day he went in Bandit my outside Feral let me pet him. When I came home from putting Roman to sleep Bandit came over to the patio door and laid beside me while I pet him. I do believe God gave me a crutch to lean on. I love and miss you Roman.

86D67E3E-A1C5-4335-A314-0EA6370A9E0A.jpeg

C345DEE5-8D02-451F-B12F-93D5A570569B.jpeg

91D34AD9-3F0C-4632-BE59-2FFABF299775.jpeg

F4AA494F-DA77-4BC1-A67D-25FBEBD6B5FF.jpeg

45B5B907-8086-40B1-839F-69F11F4B9E90.jpeg

AE0C26D5-FCFF-441D-B8C2-77E4250DBAD7.jpeg

812C2E1A-98B5-4F50-AD5C-0A2DD1492084.jpeg

CE4BD7CC-608B-4759-8A8A-B66F78E60B99.jpeg

having known the same pain, you have my deepest condolences.

bandit knows, and he's there for you.

remembering the good times helps.

fwiw, he's probably now hanging out with this handsome fluffy guardian of the underwold, the two of them talking about us.
R3mwdFKl.jpg

Roman looks like he was a great friend! I’m so sorry for your loss!

Very sorry for your loss John. :( Animals are one of the biggest blessings in life and will love you when you are convinced nobody else does. Having to make that agonizing decision to keep them from suffering never gets easier, no matter how many times you have to make it. I'm glad you got to walk thru life together within the time you had. He'll be waiting at The Rainbow Bridge for you! R.I.P. Roman.

Sorry for the loss, man. The other pets do indeed know what's up when there's a loss. The Lord absolutely was looking out for you. Have peace in knowing you made the right decision for Roman.

So very sorry for your loss, may he rest in peace with plenty of catnip.
He was certainly a beautiful cat.
R.I.P. Roman.

That sucks, man.

Good lookin cat.

Last year we lost our FIV+ boy, Vincey.

They wanted to put him down when I took him in after finding him.
I declined and we had 9 great years.

Godspeed to you Mr. Roman.

So sorry for your loss. We have 2 cats that are 17 years old and I dread the day that I know is coming. Remember all the comfort he gave you.

Sorry for your loss John.
Animals are certainly a gift, more loyal then 95 percent of people, love unconditional ( with food of coarse )
I pray for comfort in your time of grief.

My condolences. I too have felt that pain (with my dog) and know it's a real heartache. You had a nice cat and I'm sure gave him a great home.

What a beautiful cat. Looks like my Chessie cat who died at 8.
Broke my heart.
I'm very sorry Roman passed away.
Maybe the new kitty knew that you needed comfort.

My deepest sympathies. I've had 3 cats, and fondly remember them all. Losing each was painful. They are for sure the very best of friends

John, I know that was tough. Roman was a beautiful boy. May he rest in peace.

My son and girlfriend adopted Roman at the age of three in 2015. When they broke up Matt moved in with me and brought Roman and Leala five years ago. 2.5 years ago Matt was laid off and moved to Ohio and i became guardian of his cats. Roman had FIV which in humans acts like Aids and affects their ability to fight off illnesses. He wasn’t feeling well last week so on Thursday I took him to an emergency Vet hospital 35 miles from home. They did bloodwork and his bloodwork showed signs of infection. I left him overnight so they could administer antibiotics and a feeding tube. 24 hours later I went back and they said his bloodwork was way worse and he would probably live three days. I asked the doctor if another 24 hours would help and she said no so I held him for 40 minutes crying my eyes out. Then they came in to put him to sleep. The day he went in Bandit my outside Feral let me pet him. When I came home from putting Roman to sleep Bandit came over to the patio door and laid beside me while I pet him. I do believe God gave me a crutch to lean on. I love and miss you Roman.

View attachment 1716124162

View attachment 1716124163

View attachment 1716124164

View attachment 1716124165

View attachment 1716124166

View attachment 1716124167

View attachment 1716124168

View attachment 1716124169
So sorry. You have a good heart. Looks like you have a new friend now... That's good.

So very sorry for your loss.
In my humble opinion God gave us humans these critters for a purpose. It is up to us to try to understand it all as to why and how it affects our lives in such a profound manner. I firmly believe these animals that God gifted us with, make us better humans than we would be if they never came into our lives.

Has anyone ever experienced how much healing a horse can do for a "wounded warrior"? It is real.

So very sorry for your loss.
In my humble opinion God gave us humans these critters for a purpose. It is up to us to try to understand it all as to why and how it affects our lives in such a profound manner. I firmly believe these animals that God gifted us with, make us better humans than we would be if they never came into our lives.

Has anyone ever experienced how much healing a horse can do for a "wounded warrior"? It is real.

I honestly think I would be dead if I didn’t have them. Their purring and knowing when you need a little cuddle calms the heart.

Sorry for your loss, John. I pray that God will send comfort to you in a way that only He can.

Condolences. My wife and I are animal people as well, and have been through the pain on several occasions. RIP Roman.

-
Back