Veterans On the Board

-
12.5 years AD in the Coast Guard. Recently got accepted to Officer Candidate School starting 11 Aug for 17 wks. :happy8:

CPL USMC 1st Radio Battalion MEWSS Platoon 94-98 operations southern watch and silent assurance 13th MEUSOC 97 MOS 2621 Signals Intelligence Electronic Warfare Morse Code Intercept Operator.

Good to see I'm in good company here, gentlemen.

U.S. Army, '77-90 track vehicle mechanic, disability retired.

Hey gang , Sorry I been away but Just got home from VA OKC with left knee pins and hinged,,more overhauling(lol) Sending a stand tall salute to all my Military brothers and sisters(yes guys girls like cars too). for you newcomers ,welcome one and all we dont do politics and "we are not heroes ,we just did our jobs,"Usaf 1971 to 2006,two tours in the SEA party ,came back for more in the sand box games, crushed right shoulder ended military time for me but I have a Son doing what I left off with,,Air Transportation,AKA aerial port ,if its got to be there on time use fedex ,if you want it now call us,,,

Just spent the last hour or so reading all the posts and would feel very proud to be considered part of this group Me holding the rifle 45 years ago lol
Abtry 30th artillery 155 howitzer
VN 1965/66
78c1c1c4.jpg

US Army, 882 Pontoon Bridge, Ft. Leonard Wood, Rolla, MO. Learned to drive a speedboat, a Duece and a half, and a dozer. A few of those are useful in real life, and a few of those are fun.

Just spent the last hour or so reading all the posts and would feel very proud to be considered part of this group Me holding the rifle 45 years ago lol
Abtry 30th artillery 155 howitzer
VN 1965/66
78c1c1c4.jpg

I want to say thank you to you. Especially to you, if not for brave soldiers then what would it be like today. Thank you and thank you to all of our military members. That picture is worth a thousand words. The stories you must have.

I too am proud to be among you. Our youngest daughter is a Staff Sergeant in the Air Force. I am wondering how many vets here are sons/daughters of vets. I was in VN and my Dad was in the Pacific in WWII. Two uncles in WWII as well. How about the rest of you? God bless you and God bless America.

U. S. Army 69-71
VN, 101st 70-71

1973 t0 1995 US Army 11B and 19K A short deployment to the Cambodian border Mayuquez Incident, Korea in 1976 (Operation Paul Bunyon), Berlin Germany, Panama

USMC obviously :usa2:
MCRD1964, Schools Batallion in 65, Deployed 1st Tank Batalion First Marine Division ’65, served at Phu Bai and DaNang until late ’66. I'm the last man on the right.

It looks to me like you Marines are standing on the 01 level of a Fletcher class Tin Can.
Right in front of the 3"50's.
Do you remember the name of that ship?

I'm an old Tin Can sailor.
I was a signalman. The Navy doesn't even have that rate anymore! Too old fashioned.

USN Trident Submariner Missile Technician for ICBM/SLBM's
1998-present Over 14 deployments, nearly three complete years in underwater isolation
It is my privilege to serve the American people.
It is an honor to stand among American Veterans.
...but our motto is, "Hide with pride." When we hear another contact approaching us, we leave.
If we deliver a full volley, everything changes, for you, me, and the map makers.
Father E5, Army enlisted, stepfather O2 Army, Vietnam veteran, Grandfather: enlisted Army thru O4 Air Force -WW2 & Korea veteran

I am wondering how many vets here are sons/daughters of vets.

Grandfather-Navy, Korean War
Father-Navy Ret., MCPO Submariner-Vietnam Era/Cold War
Father In Law-Navy Ret. Vietnam
Myself-Navy BU2-Kosovo Conflict
Wife-Navy- deploying soon for her 4th Persian Gulf deployment.
Brother in Law, Navy Ret. Seabee SCPO- Gulf War 1
Nephew 1-Currently Army
Nephew 2-Air Force
Nephew 3-........I'm working on getting him off the Xbox and into boot camp.:violent1:
Daughter-Future Commander in Chief :cheers:

Been enlisted reserves for 2 years now as a 91 bravo wheeled mechanic, should be getting my E4 within the next few months. Been trying to drop an active duty packet but they're not letting any of us come over from the reserves due to high numbers already. Will be enrolling in the 2yr ROTC program in the spring :D

Much respect for those who served before me, especially WW1/2, korea, and vietnam.

Been enlisted reserves for 2 years now as a 91 bravo wheeled mechanic, should be getting my E4 within the next few months. Been trying to drop an active duty packet but they're not letting any of us come over from the reserves due to high numbers already. Will be enrolling in the 2yr ROTC program in the spring :D

Much respect for those who served before me, especially WW1/2, korea, and vietnam.

Welcome to the ranks, you are just as important as the rest of us. I was a 63S then redesignated to 63B then to 91B. But my primary MOS is 89D. Good luck with coming active it's gonna be a hard road especially with the number cuts they are making.

Good to see I'm in good company here, gentlemen.

U.S. Army, '77-90 track vehicle mechanic, disability retired.

the good ol' M88! I've had my Howitzers towed a time or two by that track. 63H(?), thanks to all of the Mech's keeping us rolling when its time to Git after it!

the good ol' M88! I've had my Howitzers towed a time or two by that track. 63H(?), thanks to all of the Mech's keeping us rolling when its time to Git after it!
hell yeah, none harder working than the '88...and yep, 63H, thanks for the props :thumbup:

Working ol' "Butkus" 77-80 back when they had mogas engines, a whole different animal...

-
Back