Vibration in engine- help!

-
And the winner is: moper.

I haven't cleaned it and put it back in to see if the vibration is gone, but check the plug.
So, I guess this means either a bad valve seal, bad head gasket, or bad rings, yes?
Could the long trip have enabled the buildup on the plug, more so than the regular around town drives I typically make?

It could be anything really. There is obviously an oil use problem. The other plugs look rather goopy too. That kind of buildup could be bad rings, leaking intake gasket to the intake, guides, or valve seals, or a bad wire, or a bad plug...lol. If it was me, I'd put fresh plugs in, see if it clears up. If not, do a compression test on it and see if there's a sealing problem there. If it's low, pull the head.

Wires are new, and I just bought plugs so we will see.
At the beginning of the summer I put the high rise intake back on it, the one the car had on it when I bought it. If oil is getting into the cylinder from a bad intake gasket it must be seeping from the bolt hole into the runner; I guess. These high rise intakes don't leave much room to tighten the bolts, but I did use a little rtv on them.

Supposedly, the heads were rebuilt some time ago, not that they could not be the culprit. I'd like to do a compression test asap, so as soon as I can beg/borrow/buy one I will.

Thank you everyone for taking the time to read this and educate me. I learned a great deal and I was able to identify the issue.

If I discover anything new I'll definitely post it.

-
Back