Vintage Dodge trucks.....73 and up....

-
My old hotrod. Been sitting in the garage for years, note the gauges had even fell apart. Changed the MSD box, fired right up. Sold it to my nephew. 440 with a few beans, 727 w/3300 stall, 4.88's. 1.60ish 60fts, high 12's. Loads of fun on the street.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vb1ZXtHU4A8"]029 - YouTube[/ame]

here's our 73 car hauler, slowly converting it to cummins, 5-speed/3.07 rear gear

index.jpg

since the floors were rotted, we cut the floors out of the donor 92 cummins club cab

009-3.jpg

married it to the 73 crew cab

010-2.jpg

016.jpg

014-4-1.jpg

018-3.jpg

018.jpg

015-1.jpg

My old hotrod. Been sitting in the garage for years, note the gauges had even fell apart. Changed the MSD box, fired right up. Sold it to my nephew. 440 with a few beans, 727 w/3300 stall, 4.88's. 1.60ish 60fts, high 12's. Loads of fun on the street.

029 - YouTube
redlined, do you have more pics of that hood/ under it? or can you get any. I really really have been wanting to do that to my hood

redlined, do you have more pics of that hood/ under it? or can you get any. I really really have been wanting to do that to my hood

Sorry PG, no pics. I built the hood back in the late 90's for another pickup I had. It was somewhat of a novel idea back then. Had a flat hood with the Challenger Rallye bulge grafted on before that. A guy I knew just had to have it so I sold it to him.

Sorry PG, no pics. I built the hood back in the late 90's for another pickup I had. It was somewhat of a novel idea back then. Had a flat hood with the Challenger Rallye bulge grafted on before that. A guy I knew just had to have it so I sold it to him.
I hope that guy was me from the future. Cuz i gotta have a hood like that.!
Didn't memike do one of those hoods on his Ramcharger?

His is a '71 Roadrunner hood with the giant callout spots on the slants. Not an Air Grabber hood.

This is my old 86 Dodge truck bought it new and one of those that I should of kept. :)

Attachments

• Dodge truck.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 148
My '86 Ramcharger, me and a friend of mine messing around on a pile of rocks. I love this old truck. Built out of parts from 3-4 junked out trucks, dependable as a hammer. And I don't have to wax it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3k_pxxp2fU"]Dodge Ramcharger 4x4 Ramcharger on the Rocks on Shaft Shifter - YouTube[/ame]

Yeah, I love old Dodge trucks too. Here's a few from the past few years.

Really happy with my 2006 Mega Cab right now , though.

Attachments

• d150 pic12.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 115
  • 12-20-09 d.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 121
  • 1988 ram charger pic 8.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 126
I've had two Ramchargers in my life - a '79 and an '89 as well as an '83 D150. Just bought the kid an '89 D100 for his eighteenth birthday.

I loved the '79. Transplanted in 400 4bbl. Damned thing had enough torque and traction to pull a loaded semi out of the mud.

But I preferred the '89. Stone cold reliable. And I liked the lay out of dash on the '80's trucks. More ergonomic. Don't have to reach for the radio or the heater/ac controls. I got so I could push the button on the controls with one finger while flipping the fan switch with my thumb.

I can't do that with my same year F150. I have to reach around the shifter to reach the heater controls and the radio.

-
Back