Viper or Challenger

-

Hyper Henry

Reaction score
Was having a debate today with a buddy regarding if you had the cash (say around $40,000) would you buy a Viper that is a few years old or a newer style Challenger and why :dontknow: It was a tuff call for me, I think I changed my my 10 times :confused:

I would buy the viper mainly on an investment point of view. You are more likely to get your 40 grand back out of the viper when u sell it.:thumbrig:

I would buy the viper mainly on an investment point of view. You are more likely to get your 40 grand back out of the viper when u sell it.:thumbrig:

Exactly. It will be a LONG time before you'd be able to recoup your investment in a challenger. Even not looking at the investment side of it, vipers are just bad. Plus it'd be more fun to mod a viper.

I would do the Viper, in 20 years the challenger will be looked at as a copy rather than the original, and it will never add up to what it should be. The Viper is new to the Era and has nothing to be compared to, yet cars will be compared to it.

Would have to say Challenger, because I would think it would be more condusive to winter driving, and because of insurance and gas prices, would order it with a weird list of options and in a weird color combination.

Yah I think I would go Viper too but you are right, I bet the gas and insurance would be brutal. Be dam fun though :thumbup:

well since I own a SRT8 Challenger I would have to say go with that. But if you have the money to spend on a viper and you don't mind driving a race car that is street legal every day then go with the viper.

The Challenger is a comfortable and fast ride all the same though and it does look good, but hey that is why I bought it.

well since I own a SRT8 Challenger I would have to say go with that. But if you have the money to spend on a viper and you don't mind driving a race car that is street legal every day then go with the viper.

The Challenger is a comfortable and fast ride all the same though and it does look good, but hey that is why I bought it.

I wish I had the money to even think about, just a pipe dream to me :crybaby: Those SRT8 Challengers are killer, your a lucky man :notworth:

lets compare a hemi to a slant six on fuel economy, and then ask yourself why you would buy a viper, not to save on gas? I think.. there is a pretty good reason why you buy the viper, because of the nuts it has.. hence its reputation..

But I do agree, If I bought one, I wouldnt be driving everday.. or better yet, I would just get a viper and make a vipercharged 70's mopar.

viper srt10 550 horse 500 ft lbs, side pipes targa top, 6 speed manual no frills no power robbing crap all show and all go. bad attitude all american. nuff said

Neither a true mopar guy like me would buy a fully restored cuda, or road runner and save the rest to pay bills or just have some fun! I have been told I am crazy also~

i got to drive a viper on an hour long trip, with out a doubt the most enjoyable driving I've ever done. The power is unreal and just wont compare to a challenger. viper for me too!
here she is
0813091655.jpg

Depends on what you want to do with it . . . I own a Prowler, and it is a VERY fun car, but not very practical for travel (little storage, room for only 2). The Challengers are cool and very practical cars, but more of them on the road than Vipers (or Prowlers). Tough question . . . right now, I would probably go with the Challenger.

Definately the Challenger. Make mine a 5.7 with 6 speed, and I can use the rest on modifications. By the time it was tweaked, it could probably hang with the Viper on power, braking, handling, etc.

I would drive the wheels off it.

Definately the Challenger. Make mine a 5.7 with 6 speed, and I can use the rest on modifications. By the time it was tweaked, it could probably hang with the Viper on power, braking, handling, etc.

I would drive the wheels off it.

no offense but you have never driven a viper have you? As someone who gets to drive a new challenger from time to time and a viper a few times it's not even close, the viper wins hands down for go and handling. Now if I had to buy one for myself I think I would go viper because you are starting to see challengers every day but vipers not so much. Not to mention Vipers are just fun to drive! And yes I would DD it just like I do with my swinger right now.

no offense but you have never driven a viper have you? As someone who gets to drive a new challenger from time to time and a viper a few times it's not even close, the viper wins hands down for go and handling. Now if I had to buy one for myself I think I would go viper because you are starting to see challengers every day but vipers not so much. Not to mention Vipers are just fun to drive! And yes I would DD it just like I do with my swinger right now.

I have not driven either one.
I truly doubt I would be able to utilize the "performance" handling of either car. On current roads, I don't see how.
I make my living selling parts for people to modify their cars. For the cost difference, I can put a lot of performace parts into a Challenger.

I would still take a tweaked and modified Challenger over the Viper.

-
Back