virus 3 times from this site.

-

LETSRACE

Reaction score
Anyone else have any problems or suggestions? We have had a problem at work and at home. We use and update virus protection by Mcafee. All firewalls on and active. It took out all large programs like word and quickbooks. The wife is about ready to toss me to the dog house. I need to log in from my phone untile it gets figured out.

How do you know its from this website?
Online gaming and **** are usually the culprits,I am responsible for keeping enough computers working and that is my experience.
Do you use a anti malware to on top of your virus protection?

We've had good luck with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Macafee.

1st time looking at Hemi motor for sale. 2nd time not sure but this time I clicked on the search tab from the main menu and everthing hung up. Not sure about the mailwar, **** at work not that I know of at home?????

I have been on here alot and click on most threads and any thing I could. I have not had any problems. Had a virus update prompt about 2 weeks ago. I really don't surf. My youngest daugther was on here one day for about 15 mins on face book and I got a virus, but my protection put it in a vault. Face book is bad. took out my oldest daughters laptop.

Last time I was hit was because of Flash Player. It appears I needed to update it,(Flash). So, I would suggest doing update on all the programs. Malware was suggested by Microsoft. Oh, where your PC is concerned, have you tried to boot up in Safe Mode with networking? Then run your anti-virus programs?

No I haven't tried to open in safe mode, I am going to bring in for pro help to try to save as much data as they can. Thanks for all the help, I am going to change my browser and get mailware ASAP.

Buy a MAC and you will never need to worry about Virus's ever again. Well worth the extra $$. All my kids and family members have them now. I have never heard from them ever telling me Dad my computer doesn't work "AGAIN" I have a Virus.....cant find the printer, network etc.........

Windows SUCKS and YOU KNOW IT "MAC" haaaaaaaa

I will say mine crashed while on here and it wiped put all my programs. However, I hadn't done updates in quite a while.

Man I am hearing more and more of this about this site. So far I have been fine but I have to say I'm starting to get worried.

I have virus and malware protection and I have had some problems like clicking a thread and it just sits there till I back out and try the thread again. I think its my security blocking threats. Has happened much more since we have gotten the new server.

Buy a MAC and you will never need to worry about Virus's ever again. Well worth the extra $$. All my kids and family members have them now. I have never heard from them ever telling me Dad my computer doesn't work "AGAIN" I have a Virus.....cant find the printer, network etc.........

Windows SUCKS and YOU KNOW IT "MAC" haaaaaaaa

hahaha ^^^

although I dont own one, i want one! they are pretty bad and yep, they dont get viruses...gotta spend about a grand for a mac book though...:/

Or. if you're staying with Windows then consider buying Kaspersky Internet Security Suite. Best software I've seen yet for antivirus & firewall.

I haven't had any problems on here either. I run Windows 7 on my laptop, my wife's laptop, my wife's other laptop, Vista on our desktop, and dual boot XP Pro/Windows 7 on our other desktop. Every one of these is running Microsoft Security Essentials with the exception of my laptop, which has Microsoft Forefront on it. Every computer has active real-time virus scanning and every computer has Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware installed. I know the old adage says that you get what you pay for, and I agree. I didn't pay anything for the anti-virus or anti-malware programs, and so far I haven't gotten anything. I can't remember the last time I had a virus. Of course, since I said that, my laptop is probably in its death throws right now as we speak...

My laptop has crashed twice and my other one once. Says it is some kind of hard drive failure. I have been rebooting to factory setting and it works again. Don't know where I am getting it from.

I haven't had any problems on here either. I run Windows 7 on my laptop, my wife's laptop, my wife's other laptop, Vista on our desktop, and dual boot XP Pro/Windows 7 on our other desktop. Every one of these is running Microsoft Security Essentials with the exception of my laptop, which has Microsoft Forefront on it. Every computer has active real-time virus scanning and every computer has Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware installed. I know the old adage says that you get what you pay for, and I agree. I didn't pay anything for the anti-virus or anti-malware programs, and so far I haven't gotten anything. I can't remember the last time I had a virus. Of course, since I said that, my laptop is probably in its death throws right now as we speak...

I have owned so many Windows based PC's and they all have the same issues all the way from Windows95 to Windows7 and they all eventually end up in the trash can!

I do however run a IMac at my office with Windows7 on a partition off the mac using Parallels. It NEVER shuts off and it Runs better on the MAC than it does on any PC Based Machine I have and I have owned at least 50 Computers to run my business.

Seriously with all the Virus software, down time, glitches,repair, maintenance not to mention you need to be TECH Savvy to overcome the daily problems running them. You almost need to be a TECH to Properly Run a PC with Windows.

You would be better off with a MAC all day long. What does suck is when the world actually realizes that this is infact soooo true, there will be a HUGE Layoff for all the IT guys because they will not be needed anymore.

I've said this before, I'll say it again.=====You guys should CONSIDER learning to run Linux. I run Ubuntu, NEVER run windows except the rare times I need to do something I cannot do in Linux.

Linux has it's problems--lots of "non support" for stuff like scanners and other special hardware.

But you can download a couple of good free photo editors, "open office.org" for office stuff--and it can make and edit pdf's

The thing is, you "can" get a virus with Linux, but any of the winhozed based viruses JUST WON'T RUN on Linux. They just don't do anything.

In the several years, now, that I've run Linux. ZERO virus/ trojan problems

I don't say, run it on everything, but on a machine you surf a lot with, give it a shot. Many of you probably have your "last windoz machine" lying in the closet. Dig it out, set it up, and load up Ubuntu and give it a try.

http://www.ubuntu.com/

using Ubuntu 11.04 on this computer in the garage....

-
Back