W-2 exhaust guide

-

highwaystar

Reaction score
I am looking for 8 new exhaust guides for a set of old W-2 heads. Does anyone know where I can come up with these? I have a pix of one that is leaking, the exhaust guides are water cooled. You may be able to see crack. I will probaly put new intake guides in as well. Any help would be appreciated.
thanks,
T.J.

DSC02362.jpg

DSC02352.jpg

I have some in stock...those are for Batten W2 heads. Mine are bronze.
They are 280.00 for a set.
Brian

I have some in stock...those are for Batten W2 heads. Mine are bronze.
They are 280.00 for a set.
Brian

Hi Brian,

I was thinking you would be the guy that might have them. Does the set include the Intake guides as well? Are these one piece including the guide? Is there a trick to installing these without destroying the heads?
Thanks,
T.J.

Hi Brian,

I was thinking you would be the guy that might have them. Does the set include the Intake guides as well? Are these one piece including the guide? Is there a trick to installing these without destroying the heads?
Thanks,
T.J.

That's just the guides! Intakes are 9.00 a piece. We remove the old guides, clean the head in a glass beader, tank it, dry it and heat it.
We then install the guides with epoxy and keep the head hot for an hour, then let it cool at a specified rate.
It takes some doing. Then you have to do the valve job.
We charge 750.00 for all the guides, honed and installed, valve job, surface cut and assembly.
Any porting would be extra.

That's just the guides! Intakes are 9.00 a piece. We remove the old guides, clean the head in a glass beader, tank it, dry it and heat it.
We then install the guides with epoxy and keep the head hot for an hour, then let it cool at a specified rate.
It takes some doing. Then you have to do the valve job.
We charge 750.00 for all the guides, honed and installed, valve job, surface cut and assembly.
Any porting would be extra.

This is the dilemma, I figured I would come to. By the time I buy new springs and retainers. I will be very close to the cost of those new RHS heads you are selling, (although I don't think they will make the H.P. these W-2's will) but would be more street friendly. Your in line to price what the local machine shops cost would be and I don't trust them. I would perfer you to work on them. What is the usuall shipping on a set heads like this from the East Coast to your shop. Have any idea? Also would you sell a single exhaust guide? The other guides have liners in them, that seem to be holding tolerences, but the machine shop doesn't like the idea of using them with the liners. any suggestions..
T.J.

This is the dilemma, I figured I would come to. By the time I buy new springs and retainers. I will be very close to the cost of those new RHS heads you are selling, (although I don't think they will make the H.P. these W-2's will) but would be more street friendly. Your in line to price what the local machine shops cost would be and I don't trust them. I would perfer you to work on them. What is the usuall shipping on a set heads like this from the East Coast to your shop. Have any idea? Also would you sell a single exhaust guide? The other guides have liners in them, that seem to be holding tolerences, but the machine shop doesn't like the idea of using them with the liners. any suggestions..
T.J.

I'd say around 50-60 bucks maybe. Yeah I can sell just one. I hate liners too, as they can come out. But if they are installed correctly, and fitted correctly just leave them.

-
Back