W2 Stroker comin together!

-
This car will be more strip oriented and I am hoping the rear sway bar will help the car launch straight as well as making it handle a bit better. They sure made a difference on my Barracuda.

I would not think helping on launch- but you are on the right track
Rumble- bars for bottoming out or coming down from a launch- you do not bottoming out on a street car- you can bend the K brace and worse
remember when we used 6 cyl bars when dragging?
worked real well launching on the tires required then cam slicks and wheelstands- then they could come down too hard and fixes had to be done

I would not think helping on launch- but you are on the right track
There is a thought process on this that an anti sway bar will help the car suspension stay where the racer wants the car to be and going straight. For myself, this is a band aid. Perhaps there is merit in it, IDK myself. I work with the car and have always gotten my car to go straight with or without the factory sway bar in the cr. I never added one to a car for this (above) idea. Sway bars weren’t initially designed for this. As we know.

Rumble- bars for bottoming out or coming down from a launch- you do not bottoming out on a street car- you can bend the K brace and worse
remember when we used 6 cyl bars when dragging?
I get a little lost in your grammar.
“Bars for bottoming out...”
Implies you want to do this
“You do not bottoming our on a street car”
This makes no sense
“You can bend a K frame when we used 6 cylinder bars when dragging”
Poor diction applied. But I at least get what your trying to say, *I think!*

Let me start with what is above.
You mention T bars. I don’t know what your trying to convey but T bars are for up and down car motion control. And they have some effect of a side to side motion.

FWIW, I still use /6 T bars and a stock K frame.

worked real well launching on the tires required then cam slicks and wheelstands- then they could come down too hard and fixes had to be done
No Punctuation at all. What’s with that dude? Really? Come on now!

I believe Wyrmrider is using the Voice to text function on his phone.

I dont expect any miracles from the rear sway bar but it will help a little in both handling and launch I believe.

I believe Wyrmrider is using the Voice to text function on his phone.

I dont expect any miracles from the rear sway bar but it will help a little in both handling and launch I believe.
For what it's worth, I as you know have a very similar setup to yours. On my Dart the entire suspension has been rebuilt front and rear. I used 1.03 PST bars, and same Hellwig front sway bar, I've not yet installed the rear. Rear leafs are new replacement 383 Dart springs which have a slightly higher rate than the 340 springs. My car has no nasty tendencies whatsoever when the loud pedal is mashed, usually goes dead straight ahead, occasionally with a very gently and minimal fishtail. In fact, in was quite surprised at just how predictable and smooth it really is. That said, it isnt the kind of car I would plan to stand on around a corner in town.

maybe rumrider
more like it
Make mine a Cruzan with some mix and were on brother! :D
ok... there is an inside joke here that I am not in on.
Nope, just as written... "Wyoming Suzuki RM Rider" sounds great. And if he did ride, all the better! But I bet that must be a summer house and a heck of a commute to get to from Los Angeles! Not that a long ride in a lux-o-mopar-barge would be a bad thing.
Bring on the 300! (Most any year will do.)

OH! Back to where we were last, sort of, DYNO TIME?

no dyno time .... I got tired of waiting for him to find time. Had to gt the car together before it turned into a BARN FIND...LOL

Running gear is pretty much done.. Next I paint the top ,install headliner, then glass, then interior , and finally bodywork/paint.

-
Back